Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CM PUNK
This poll is closed.
CM PUNK 47 25.68%
CM PUNK 41 22.40%
CM PUNK 71 38.80%
CM PUNK 24 13.11%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
CM PUNK

CM PUNK

CM PUNK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I rewatched the segment and goddam CM Punk got the god pop and he looked like he was having the time of his life and it must mean so drat much for him :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
God, it's been an hour and I'm still so hyped. I first started posting in PSP in 2011 when I was working nights and could stay up for every Raw/Smackdown and the Punk-Bryan era of wrestling was special to me cause of getting to share it with my posting pals and tonight just brought all of that back and when Punk showed up and got the god pop all of the bullshit about the lovely MMA career and the rear end in a top hat attitude and all of it just fell away and I was just happy that the guy who brought me years of joy was happy and what I'm trying to say is wrestling is the best, y'all

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Man I had the weirdest dream last night that CM Punk came back to wrestling and brought an entire arena ice cream bars

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've watched Punk's entrance about 10 times this morning. For so long it seemed like the Story of CM Punk was of a guy who could have changed the game but had to fight for every inch he got and got so burned out from the fight that he became a bitter jaded rear end in a top hat and we all thought that was the final chapter but it turns out it never was and instead the story ends with Punk being welcomed back as a hero and falling back in love with wrestling. Tony gave CM Punk a happy ending :unsmith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1428945350178578435

FROM THE RED HOOK...... TAAAAAAAAAAAZZ

"IT'S TAZZ!"

*insipid Taz commentary*

Imagine the pop if HOOK had come out though

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I watched the media scrum and the whole way through Tony's eyes are bugging out like he can't believe it's actually happening :lol:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

STONE COLD 64 posted:

HELLO EVERYONE, WE HAVE A SPECIAL CM PUNK THEMED PROP BET! This one is not only for a CM Punk themed 24 hour probation for the losers, but a special edition FREE avatar for the winners! To make the wager, quote this post.

Does AEW Rampage beat AEW Dynamite in the rating? We will be using the Monday figure to score this.

Yes/No answers only. If it does exactly identical, then everyone who bet gets the free avatar. Both the avatar and the probation are CM Punk themed.

Easiest yes ever

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

explosivo posted:

Lol @ the dorks who said they weren't buying All Out because Hangman wasn't going to be fighting Kenny

I expect any of these goons caught posting in the GDT to be sixered for files :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

yea ok posted:

good morning. saturday morning. aew has changed the landscape.

What a lovely company :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

CM PUNK

CM PUNK

CM PUNK

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
AEW has somehow managed to make it 80s WCW, 90s ECW, 00s indies and 10s New Japan all at the same time

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fawning deference posted:

This roster is just absolutely insane

Remember how in 2018 it was universally agreed that while the system around them sucked WWE's roster was the best of all time?

Yeah, not any more

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's basically* not a single person on the roster where they come out and I'm not thinking 'hell yeah, I wanna see what they're doing'

*Jake Hager is the exception that proves the rule

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

smarxist posted:

even Hager has managed to turn in tolerable screen time the past few months

Since the Inner Circle turned face he's been good at dropping a goofy one-liner in promos but his matches are still death

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

explosivo posted:

They got almost 2m views on the YouTube vid overnight lol

CM Punk enters the United Center: 1.8 mil
CM Punk speaks: 1.9 mil
John Cena rolls up Roman Reigns: 727k
Edge splooges Seth Rollins: 240k

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NickRoweFillea posted:

Joining the Daniel Garcia Respect Army

Yeah he's really good. The one thing I've felt the AEW roster's been missing is a technical submissions ZSJ type and he fits that spot great

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

luchadornado posted:

I entertained this as an option weeks ago, but a week out it seemed like a really dumb idea, and one day out it seemed ludicrous. TK handled it absolutely perfectly - unless you have brainworms it was the obvious call.

Absolutely. I was one of the people saying they should wait till the main event but by god just waiting those last 15 minutes for the show to start was too much, everyone was primed and ready to explode and no way that energy would have held another hour

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I know she can't wrestle any more but I really hope Punk being here means AJ Lee makes at least a driveby appearance. She deserves that pop

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We're going to get to vote for Punk in J-Ru's top 10 wrestlers of the year thread :aaaaa:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1.5 mil would be AEW's highest rated show ever so I doubt it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cranky Mariachi Punk

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just thinking about all the exciting new dream matches

Punk/Eddie
Punk/MJF
Punk/Black
Punk/Miro
Punk/HOOK

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1429137473129439234

I'm really liking these match card graphics for All Out.

The graphic makes it looks like Punk and Darby are kaijus that will tear the entire city apart as they fight :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Eddie shouldn't get any gold until he gets the AEW title

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

explosivo posted:

The amount of views on these videos I think shows that even if the number on monday isn't 1m+ that they reached a lot of loving people with this.

Actually 2 million of those views are just me watching over and over again :sweatdrop:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Alexa, show me someone who's a dork and a rock star at the same time

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Evil Badman posted:

"Ok, I am turning your monitor off. It's you."

I thought I was just a dork so I'll take it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVqbsNlvNjE

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah I'm not convinced by Bray's in-ring work but he's A+ at character so if they bring him with the right gimmick I'm down for it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
CM Punk is a weirdo loner who doesn't like anyone so he'll end up in the Darby/Mox/Eddie/Sting crew of weirdo loners who don't like anyone so they inexplicably all hang out with each other

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sticklefifer posted:

My high school friends and I feel attacked rn

Oh neat what's it like hanging out with LIJ?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Why isn't it Wednesday yet? :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

No freaking way

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mons Hubris posted:

Re: Bray Wyatt, I think he should join the Best Friends and then they all become The Fiend and call themselves Best Fiends

Ok but only if they keep the hug spot

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Getting as hype for Number as I was for Punk's return

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Getting as hype for Number as I was for Punk's return

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

STONE COLD 64 posted:

bets for number are suspended. thank you all who put your mondays and tuesdays on the line.

Sorry Maki Itoh, sacrifices must be made :getin:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I dunno if it would fit into their planned timeframe for Kenny dropping the table but Bray showing up to take advantage of the Dark Order's inner turmoil to swing them back to evil and Hangman coming back to feud with Bray in an attemept to rescue his friends from evil would be a great way to get Hangman over his own issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

STONE COLD 64 posted:

why isnt this the punksport pagoda yet

Mods are bigger cowards than Tony Khan