Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021
I've made it here, and my eyes are buttered!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

t3isukone posted:

Consta at least didn't seem to have any issues with the food.

That's the problem damnit, she doesn't need food!

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

:allears: :perfect:

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021
We take the trash of the city and make it into something better. Something people can learn from.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

Mecha_Face posted:

No Angela you are the robot

And then Angela was a big shot.

But seriously, I was not referring to the library as a garbage can, but it was probably where Roland was living before getting stuck in the bestworst library ever to exist. Now he has great friends! Like Malkuth! And... Malkuth!

Roland was trash, and now he is much better. The library is working as intended.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021
Their names are redacted for the record

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

t3isukone posted:

Yesod is such a dork, I adore him.

We all do :allears:

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

Omniphile posted:

The more you learn about how the City is the more you can see why employees considered it an honor and a privilege to work in the relative safety of Lobotomy Corporation.

Of course! Compared to the city, Lobotomy Cobotomy is the best place on earth! Or whatever planet we happen to be on!

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021
Wait a minute. If we tackle that abnormality....does that mean we get D.A.D.?

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

TeeQueue posted:

Later on, I feel like the people who want me to suffer might want to put off abno fights that grant me my first access to 3 or more Librarians in order to make me try and 2man everything forever.

My only defense against this plan is "Well then I guess the Agents from the last thread just can't show up yet" :shrug: and while it's a decently strong defense I don't know if it'll be enough :v:

No matter what I will always want to see the abnos

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

Not The Wendigo posted:

How the heck do you make creme brulee out of people

It's not easy, let me tell you that.
source: Just trust me

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

:perfect:

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021
OH. MY. D.A.D. YES!

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

Arcvasti posted:

Something to note is that at least one fairy tale does exist normally in this universe, instead of just being an abnormality:

God forbid we get an abnormality based on Pinnochio.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

Xenav posted:

Just a thought, but if the Librarian Heads are also getting involved, and they're the OG borg bots from Lob Corp... then that does mean sooner or later, we will be using Gebura to fight... and Binah. Man, having a Color Fixer and an Arbiter on our side is really going to be great.

BINAH TEAMING WITH MIZU OH GOD HELP US ALL

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021
And now Hod's here. Every time I see a new librarian, I wonder who the first helper they get will be.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

Ashardalon125 posted:

For anyone who is playing along at home, I should mention that the General Receptions do have some good cards and pages in them. Some are definitely better than others, and some are basically just "fight some dudes", but they can be worth it. Especially as you go on in the game.

Oh yeah definitely. If you're not TeeQueue and doing an LP of the game, certainly do some of the general receptions. You never know if those cards will be good for you.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

lets hang out posted:

fun card art detail

This is why I love being in these threads. I learn so many things about the game that allow me to get better at it. It's like being in a school for gaming! With an amazing art class at noon!

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

:five: :five: :five:
Team rocket will always get a :five:

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

BisbyWorl posted:

"You realize that the book the chef is reading: "To Serve Man," is a cookbook. Roll initiative."

I got a 9. What does that mean?

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

Junpei posted:

Meanwhile I got it right because I have the skill of: Pattern Recognition

:smug:

Ok ok, no need to be a Boksi

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

PinkDawn posted:

At this end of this LP Bishop's gonna ask Malkuth out for real and we're all gonna be surprised.

Okay, probably not actually. But could you imagine.

I wouldn't be surprised. I'd be more surprised if Malkuth actually accepts.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

NullBlack posted:

I question that strong possibility: Boksi died. Not to say that TeeQueue can't bring him back, but I get the feeling priority is going to go to his living co-captain, Tylana.

Priority not to the moss head? What a shame.

also is tylana the one who turned yellow? I forget.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

Tenebrais posted:

There's a select few people that can really make a man-bun work and I guess Netzach is one of them.

I just enjoy having our old high as a kite boy back.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

t3isukone posted:

As funny as Netzach is, I do really feel awful for him. He finally managed to escape his nightmare, and now he has to kill more people, again.

Honestly, Netzach is probably one of my favorite fictional depictions of depression. He's a really well-written character and a lot of the time I get sad just thinking about him. He is hilarious, though.

I relate way too much

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

On one hand inviting them would be a death sentence and the end of the long line of HamHamPangPang...

On the other hand if we book them we might get the recipe... :hmmyes:

It's not worth it man!

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021
Is someone gonna tell me who Steve is?

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

Tenebrais posted:

He was part of the final Architecture team longside Zaida and Biceps. I think he was a fairly late addition to the roster?

Edit: Yes, he first appeared shortly before the endgame started.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the help.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021
A. Another freaking abnormality, time to fight again.
B. Why is this game making me feel bad for the AI that definitely will kill us since she's an AI and this is a video game?

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

Night10194 posted:

Poor Netzach. Finally gets his beer vending machine, but all it has is light beer.

:bahgawd:

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021
White Nights? Dark Days?

oh no......

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

insanitylock posted:

I hate that I was able to make this out. I don't even remember the actual term for it but it took me like 5 seconds until I remembered the meme it was referencing.

Help me out here, I hear something but I can't figure what.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

TeeQueue posted:

Next time, on Library of Ruina

"Its memories began with a warm hug."

Our Shield Now.

Look it was obvious from the start.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

Omniphile posted:

We'll get adapted into an anime if we get popular enough!

But then your fans will complain the anime doesn't hold true to the novel!

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

TeeQueue posted:

He only did it as a means to find his own redemption. I wasn’t the one using you. It was him; he used all of you just to satisfy himself.

You know Angela, you got everyone in your library, you could be less of a bitch considering you can do what you want inside the library. This whole thing was YOUR plan. YOU made the library with the light, YOU put everyone in as librarians, you could AT THE VERY LEAST BE A BIT NICER.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

MetaMeme posted:

Should she smile more?

Smiling would not hide her complete trainwreck of a personality.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

t3isukone posted:

Look, I sympathize with Angela a lot and believe she was right to do what she did with the Light, but her treatment of the Sephirah (and the employees in TQ's canon) is pretty loving awful. Angela suffered an incredible amount, this is true. A horribly misused her, this is true. But so much of the time, her behavior seems to operate on the principle that no one can understand her suffering and that their trauma wasn't as bad as her trauma so it doesn't matter.

This. I ain't gonna start the discourse, but this is what I was meaning. I get she suffered a lot, but that does not mean she gets to treat everyone beneath her essentially as slaves who she'll only talk to when needed.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

Hunt11 posted:

There are an awful lot of people saying they do not want to start the Angela discourse again whilst doing just that.

I'm sorry I really didn't mean to.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

PinkDawn posted:

Me: Hey, I vaguely remember Dimi but not too much.
Dimi: -speaks-
Me: Oh no.

Look on the bright side! With Dimi here, that means unless TQ really wants to screw with us, the next History assistant HAS to be either Omni or Chinely.

I have nothing to say about Angela for now except that I do so adore her and Binah's dynamic. It's probably my favorite dynamic in the whole game.

You underestimate TQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

Hunt11 posted:

Considering that I have done a decent amount to add to the discourse myself I have no issue with people adding to it, just don't pretend you are not when doing so.

I literally just thought that if Angela was doing what she wanted, which it doesn't matter if it was right or not, she could at least be nicer to the people trapped in there with her.