Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

In honor of CM Punk's return literally crashing ShopAEW and ProWrestlingTees for almost 12 hours, I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we can discuss wrestling merch, share pics of items we think are cool, or stupid, or both! T-shirts, title belts, wrestling toys, towels, flags, stickers, bandanas, DVDs, the sky is the limit!

And remember:

https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1428908147213848585

To start off conversation, I'm taking Nyla's advice and buying several shirts to go with my two CM Punk shirts (one as a gift for my wrestling watching buddy). Two wrestlers I'm looking to finally get some representation for at Hangman and Britt Baker, and when I checked their stores I was blown away by how many great shirts they have on offer, especially Hangman because the last time I looked several months back he didn't have a single shirt I liked.

I love the 80's Album Cover feel the artstyle of the Horse and the Chromed letters give this one

I'm not the biggest fan of the cowboy iconography on a lot of Hangman's shirts, but this one is really tasteful I think, and I like how it doesn't overplay the Dark Order friendship storyline. Its got a lot going on but it comes together seemlessly.

This is an old one, and the only one I ever considered picking up before now, and looking at it with fresh eyes its really grown on me. The green and pink is really different and has that South Western flair without needing to lean too hard into the Cowboy element, and the way all the catch phrases and icons are woven in is really neat, its got a tapestry feel.

Its rare for me to go for a photo shirt, but this is a really nice image, it feels so iconic and just oozes personality and character and really sells the connection between Hangman and the fans

Anyone have an opinions on which one I should go with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I have purchased exactly one wrestling shirt - a Wrestling Society X Matt Classic tee.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I own:

the Cactus Jack shirt
Bryan Yes Yes Yes shirt (memento of the time I went to Smackdown)
first Demon Finn Balor shirt
a TUE shirt (memento of going to TakeXXVover)
this Brodie Lee shirt

I've just purchased the Chie Koishikawa kanji shirt, and will be purchasing a shirt at the NJ AEW show.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
My wife's family knows I like wrestling so I have a lot of wrestling shirts. The most shocking thing is how crappy the WWE ones feel compared to others. They even feel worse than the bootleg AJPW shirt a friend gave me a few years ago.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I bought the new Punk shirt and the Shida samurai shirt with her cat on it

I actually own way more than I thought I did
Original Punk BITW shirt
KO duct tape
Mox Excessive Violence spray paint shirt
a muta grabbag shirt
'19 All Out I was there shirt
NWO shirt
and a AEW hat with the chicago colors on the logo

I wear the NWO one out occasionally but the rest are just chill at home wear

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Critical posted:

I bought the new Punk shirt and the Shida samurai shirt with her cat on it

I actually own way more than I thought I did
Original Punk BITW shirt
KO duct tape
Mox Excessive Violence spray paint shirt
a muta grabbag shirt
'19 All Out I was there shirt
NWO shirt
and a AEW hat with the chicago colors on the logo

I wear the NWO one out occasionally but the rest are just chill at home wear

Do you hide the NWO shirt under normal shirts, confront others wearing NWO shirts on the street, only to reveal you're wearing one also and too sweet them?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

no but i did have a guy too sweet me in walgreens and the cashier looked at us like we both fell off a turnip truck

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I recently switched the Rudo merch store from pro wrestling tees to Teespring for a little better quality printing. All the logos are goon designed.

Shameless plug:
https://www.rudowrestling.com/

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I have the Hana Kimura and Brodie Lee Memorial shirts. I have a Mei Suruga 3rd Anniversary shirt and some old El Generico shirts that I love.

Also the old CM Punk shirt that's too tight to wear now.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Where can I get a Va-Chyna shirt

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
This is a cool shirt.

https://www.cafepress.com/mf/597176/_tshirt?productId=1024960

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Bullet Club skull shirt is a classic and is so adaptable that it's been reused everywhere and still doesn't feel tired. Same with the LIJ shirts

Heck a lot of New Japan merchandise being great is why I'm going to make a case for Kidani getting into the WOR hall.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Question to anyone who has the Shida Shining Samurai shirt, does yours look like this?

I could see the weird diagonal lining being an effect, but it could also be a misprint.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
One thing I wish was easier to find is figures and play sets from other promotions. The only toys you ever see semi reliably on the shelf are WWE ones, and if you want the AEW ones, you’re pretty much forced to go through Ringside Collectables.**

Is there seriously no money in an expanded line with promotions like AAA, NJPW*, and even Impact? I don’t expect Mattel or whoever to care, but come on.

* I know you can buy the super 7 NJPW figs from RSC, and I have, and they own. It would just be cool if there were lines from other promotions that don’t cost like 35-50 a pop.

** Also, how the hell did Ringside Collectables become like the only place to source half of these figures?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm kinda of shocked NJPW really hasn't done any deals with Japanese toy companies to do stuff like Figma's and Nendo's. It's not like Bushiroad is afraid of this as they have figure merch for their mobage properties

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

bloodysabbath posted:

One thing I wish was easier to find is figures and play sets from other promotions. The only toys you ever see semi reliably on the shelf are WWE ones, and if you want the AEW ones, you’re pretty much forced to go through Ringside Collectables.**

Is there seriously no money in an expanded line with promotions like AAA, NJPW*, and even Impact? I don’t expect Mattel or whoever to care, but come on.

* I know you can buy the super 7 NJPW figs from RSC, and I have, and they own. It would just be cool if there were lines from other promotions that don’t cost like 35-50 a pop.

** Also, how the hell did Ringside Collectables become like the only place to source half of these figures?
I asked my brother about this once and he said it's just a supply/demand thing. People want the AEW toys a lot more than the WWE toys, and even in the WWE Toys there's certain ones that will sit on a shelf for over a year until they're eventually either marked down to $5 or just sold wholesale to those re-seller stores.

He compared it to Nintendo things where they get a tenth of the stock that their rivals would and it all gets bought up the day/week because of a mix between more rabid fanbase and general scalpers.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I would love to be able to easily and cheaply wear this shirt.

1) John Morrison rules, and always has done.
2) It is so aggressively silly, pointless and baffling that I find it to be cool
3) I don't think "Jomosapien" or "We're going to eat your lunch" were ever said at any time on WWE programming, (except fro Zack Ryder's dad in the youtube clips he did.)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't think I've ever seen a wrestling shirt with so much dissonance to the actual person it's trying to represent.

It makes me think Vince pitched an idea for Morrison to get a pet monkey but they nixed it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Rn I only have the Matt Hardy delete shirt when he debuted in AEW.

I want to get some of the new Malakai Black shirts and ofc I need a new Punk shirt.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

i have a release the doves shirt.

edit- throughout my life Ive had:
Austin 3:16
Al Snow's "Got Head?"
DX "Operation DX" and back said "Troop 69"
CM Punk BITW white shirt with black trim
Chuck Taylor Retirement Tour 2015
Smart Mark Sterling "King of Smart Style"
CPA "Abominable CPA"
Off the Hop Rope - 4 of the their shirts
Drew Gulak tank
Bullet Club
Beard Club
DL Hurst
Orange Cassidy with him wearing his own shirt of him being shirtless
Maine State Posse
A special shirt from Biff Busicks last show in Beyond.

TUS fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Aug 23, 2021

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I currently have the:

Classic White Orange Cassidy yearbook photo shirt
Best Friends + Statlander ET shirt
Best Friends + Orange Cassidy Dogs and Cat shirt
Pink Best Friends Valentine's Day shirt
Best Fiends Halloween Shirt

Best Friends are a draw in this household.

My dad called me on Saturday and asked when I thought the AEW website would be up and running so he could buy a Punk t-shirt. I think the last wrestling shirt he owned was a Goldberg one back in 1998 or so.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I tried to check out my CM Punk shirts from PWTees two days ago but the god drat shopping cart was still broken when I tried to actually click to Buy Button, and now the ringer shirts are gone and who knows how long they'll take to come back. I'm v grumpy.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I think my favorite wrestling shirt I have is the Bullet Club Halloween shirt.

The most shameful is the original Enzo and Cass shirt that I keep just because it's weird to look at now.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I really regret not picking up the Jay White BLM T-shirt and the SCU Worst Year I've Ever Lived Through T-shirt. The fact that some things can just... go away in Wrestling T-shirt world can be hard to internalize sometimes.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the only wrestling shirt i had was this

cya

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cavauro posted:

the only wrestling shirt i had was this

cya

Dude you're Jabroni Eating, Pie Eating Son of a Bitch

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I’ve got 2 wrestling tees

This Bruiser Brody one from Hardway

And this one is only wrestling related from Badstreet

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

What the hell that Bonesaw shirt owns.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I've got the Wanted: Dead shirt from Mick Foley doing a re-issue of that a few years back. My wife hates it.

I also have the El Generico Obey-style OLÉ shirt from just before he signed with WWE. It took him months to get them all out to people because he was overwhelmed with orders, people knew they were never going to get another chance. Mine came with a handwritten note in broken English apologising for the delay and thanking me for my patronage. :3:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I haven’t bought a wrestling shirt in 20 years, but when I get the extra cash I’m definitely buying the Best Friends/Statlander E.T. shirt.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Imagine trying to crank it with snake arms

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It arrived today.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

The fact that the MJF - 3 Jeriblow - 0 shirt went on sale moments after he walked out in it is matched in wrestling genius only by the fact that the shirt is destined to be out of date in two weeks.

I can only hope that whether he wins or loses MJF has 4-0 and 3-1 shirts all printed up and ready to go for All Out.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/BeyondGorilla_/status/1432447671529320455?s=20

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Still proudly rocking the "Captain Charisma" shirt that got quickly pulled from WWE Shop, probably because they couldn't trademark Captain Charisma.

I also like how much new "old" merchandise is still being found for companies. I recently bought a WCW 1999 trading card set that only came out in Peru. I hope to continue finding new "old" WCW stuff till I die.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/rebyhardy/status/1434182012714225667?s=21

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

AEW's crushing it with the latest merch for Cole and Bryan, although Ruby's shirt is weird.

But can I just point out this gem?