Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
I tried tuning into see my raiders lose another preseason game that doesn't matter and then even though i have a friend whose parents have NFL Sunday ticket and every other sports channel I was totally unable to watch. it made me think, who gives a drat anymore, and who wants to get their hopes up just to watch t*m br*dy steamroll his way to another ill-deserved super bowl victory through as bunch of games they can barely afford to stream.

personally I'm excited for the raiders to get my hopes up when they hit 6-3 and then I'm excited to watch them let me down when they end the season 8-8. I'm also excited not to get to watch any of this except by way of lovely ESPN.com gamecast, because I live in atlanta now.

is it ever worth giving a gently caress anymore? do any of you guys pretend like you're gonna root for your team and not hate yourselves because of it? if so, how do you do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's not worth watching concussion handegg any year op

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

maybe

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'm going to watch the team I root for win. Gonna watch them lose, too. Hail mother capitalism. Hail the blood sport.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

im not really into sports but when i see a rat run across the alley i get pretty pumped and find myself rooting for the lil fella. is this what it feels like to enjoy sports?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

When has it ever been OP?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
*watching this *foot*ball with intense focus for 4 hours straight and not a single man kicked the ball yet*

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

im not really into sports but when i see a rat run across the alley i get pretty pumped and find myself rooting for the lil fella. is this what it feels like to enjoy sports?

If you do it while eating a hot dog, drinking a beer, and throw about $75-100 into the nearest garbage bin (this covers the cost of the dog, beer, and your seat) then yes.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

*watching this *foot*ball with intense focus for 4 hours straight and not a single man kicked the ball yet*

They kick the ball a lot.
They used to kick it a lot more because the ball was rounder, closer in shape to something nearer to a basketball than its current shape, which is harder to kick. They changed the shape of the ball when they found out "throwing it forward seems pretty productive actually" but that changing the name of the entire sport to 'Forward Pass Ball' was too much work and sounded dumb.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I will watch it

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Football

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

NFL

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

John Madden

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

hut

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

if John Madden was still alive he would tell you to eat some sausages and watch some football while being so excited to tell you to do these two things that you wouldn't be able to understand what he was asking you to do

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm watching the Raiders play the Rams right now and three different players got hurt on two consecutive plays and I don't mean 'spray it with compressed air and shoot right back up' I mean they carted one dude off visibly sobbing because I think he literally shattered his kneecap and the other dude had to be carried to the sidelines it was very traumatic

e: there were no fouls on these plays

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..
I'm excited for the ratings to tank when all the teams start requiring a vax passport to watch games live.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

El Duderino posted:

I'm excited for the ratings to tank when all the teams start requiring a vax passport to watch games live.

The NFL played in completely empty stadiums and didn't allow fans to be present, regardless and the ratings took a massive hit of *checks notes* 7%. I doubt they'd be affected much.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I'm a Lions fan so it's never worth watching football for me op because the outcome is preordained

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Put on your spikes. poo poo is about to get real.

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

The Ravens are all injured, and Lamar's lungs are probably swiss cheese from the double covid.

I will watch it but I will regret it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
why do they keep making more football? theres like a thousand seasons of this poo poo, just show reruns

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I don't know what you're talking about, it's going to rule watching Russell Wilson stumble around punch drunk while somehow willing the Seahawks to an 11-6 record and a wild card berth only to lose to like the loving Bears or something.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Playin a wee game O' sportsball are we?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Football???

More like Sportsball you loving idiot jocks.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Sentinel posted:

Playin a wee game O' sportsball are we?

NO YOU HVAE TO EDIT YOUR POST SO I AM NOT BEATEN OR I WILL BAN YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I always offer to watch the big game at my place and then people come over and I deeply regret being locked into a 4 hour social engagement

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
6 winning seasons since I started watching in 93

1 winning season since 2002

this is a good thing to invest myself in, emotionally

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

We lost to Port Charlotte High in the preseason game. I made my son sleep in the garage for this humiliation.

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome
I'm going to watch the Bills and Saints both strive and have epic seasons only to fail in the first round of the playoffs just like every year.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Try rooting for a good team OP.

Titans Bitch

Or just watch RedZone, it owns.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Is it worth watching football any year?

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

at some point in the next 10-15 years tom brady's luck is gonna run out. i'll keep watching just so i can say i was there when he got bone tomahawked on national tv

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
Check out these pigs balls

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Love spending 4 hours watching ads before a game is decided on a completely subjective pass interference call.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

a dmc delorean posted:

Is it worth watching football any year?

Is ANY media worthy of my consumption

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Hate to break it to ya OP but there's an extra game this year so that 8-8 you're looking forward to will end up being 8-9.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

8-8-1

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
*kramers into thread like im the second coming of Jesus Christ* GUH-GUYS CHECK THIS OUT "HAND EGG" LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

8 thrusts, 8 pulls, one cum?