Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

WASH ING TON
WASH ING TON
WASH ING TON

...is probably going to have to forfeit a couple times since we have the lowest vax rates :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

During the George Floyd protests, Dak donated money to the police. lmao

Flowers for QAnon fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 22, 2021

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

A Festivus Miracle posted:

Yes, OP, it is. The only reason it's worth it is to watch our lord and savior Justin Herbert put the Chargers organization on his back and attempt to drag its dead weight to glory, despite it's every surging, pulsating, slug-like desire to escape the potential shine of victory.

gently caress you Dean Spanos.

lmao the Chargers are absolute garbage and play in the same division as the Chiefs so lol no that’s not happening

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

pro starcraft loser posted:

WASH ING TON
WASH ING TON
WASH ING TON

...is probably going to have to forfeit a couple times since we have the lowest vax rates :smith:

eventually it's just going to be you

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The best part of watching the NFL is knowing the majority of the players will be dead of either severe brain injury or suicide due to chronic pain before they hit 60

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

The best part of watching the NFL is knowing the majority of the players will be dead of either severe brain injury or suicide due to chronic pain before they hit 60

that is also the worst part of watching the NFL

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Chinatown posted:

never seen a soccer goal where the dude who scores jumps and grabs his balls in great disrespect of the defense, a-la Marshawn Lynch

therefore its impossible to say that soccer goals are superior

Meh let me know when a coach in the No Fun League does it to the opposing fans like this

https://twitter.com/footmansam_/status/1098337119066619907

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
Marshawn Lynch is everything that's great about football, remember when he lit a blunt off the Al Davis eternal flame thing

rain dogs posted:

What SG is this?

I stand with the 3252 every time I get to an LAFC game, and, yeah it's always a blast.

Atlanta United, kings of the retirement league

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

that is also the worst part of watching the NFL

Aw poo poo, that's what I meant!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

Aw poo poo, that's what I meant!

man I know. Sometimes its hard being a fan. But, Opening week is coming soon.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Hey so when are we going to deepfakes football games if spectators aren't allowed in the stadiums? That or maybe hire some pro gamer kids to play virtual football. It'd mean less concussions, the athletes could be celebs in predetermined matches like pro wrestling, and gambling would be more easily facilitated like it was video poker! Maybe some good in there for the dungeons and footballs nerds, too!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

knuthgrush posted:

Hey so when are we going to deepfakes football games if spectators aren't allowed in the stadiums? That or maybe hire some pro gamer kids to play virtual football. It'd mean less concussions, the athletes could be celebs in predetermined matches like pro wrestling, and gambling would be more easily facilitated like it was video poker! Maybe some good in there for the dungeons and footballs nerds, too!

Thats what we call fantasy you idiot

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Why doesnt the NFL just cancel the live games and just show AI vs AI matches from Madden '22?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

Why doesnt the NFL just cancel the live games and just show AI vs AI matches from Madden '22?

I have no answer for that

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
that's how they decide who's gonna win the super bowl right

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Stalizard posted:

that's how they decide who's gonna win the super bowl right

long as Tom Brady is involved

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I hate the recent rule changes. No large spoilers and the tyres have to be a specific width? Such bullshit, ruins the spirit of the game. The spirit is money wins.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

syntaxfunction posted:

I hate the recent rule changes. No large spoilers and the tyres have to be a specific width? Such bullshit, ruins the spirit of the game. The spirit is money wins.

what one? I Honestly don't know?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Does anybody remember the one superbowl and/or the one superbowl thread on this site that prominently featured anti constipation medicine marketed to opiate addicts who can't poo poo due to their addiction and/or also advertised the exact same bank/mortgage deals that directly caused the 2007 housing collapse/great recession.

It may also be the one that featured puppy baby monkey

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I know this is a couple pages old, but drat Matt Ryan looks like a pretty successful businessman who is rapidly closing in on 40. He competes in triathlons in his spare time and he has come to the realization that he never really loved his wife. He goes on long runs early on Saturday mornings, and the last several weeks he's been arriving at the river trail a few minutes later than normal so that he spends part of his run staring at the rear end of the 20-something grad-student who he has started to chat up. Maybe this weekend he'll invite her to get some coffee after their run. He's fantasizes about the impending divorce. He doesn't hate his wife; he plans on making sure that she is comfortable and well taken care of, and he'd prefer to not have a contentious split since he knows that would be harder on his daughter. He tells himself that he wants to make sure he is still a part of his daughter's life, but he hasn't really ever been that involved with her and deep down he knows their relationship will devolve into the odd phone call and birthday card. If he could pinpoint where it all started to go wrong it would probably be after his wife had her third miscarriage. He had always wanted a big family, but at that point it was just too much for her and they stopped trying. He thinks that if they had more kids they could have made it work, but he's still not quite 40 and it isn't too late to start over. He wonders if the grad-student wants a big family...

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

never seen a soccer goal where the dude who scores jumps and grabs his balls in great disrespect of the defense, a-la Marshawn Lynch

therefore its impossible to say that soccer goals are superior

Speaking of Marshawn, has any soccer player ever stopped coming to practice and been found on a couch in Oakland getting high and playing xbox?

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I once witnessed this exchange between my dad and another dad. The other dad asked my dad if he liked football and he answered “depends on how you cook it” leaving the other dad standing there stunned like “ok that’s a good one but what the hell else are we supposed to talk about, smart rear end?”

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm a Packers fan, by birth not choice, so I look forward to endless stories of "Is Aaron Rodgers retiring?" and making it to the playoffs but not the Super Bowl. Also the wide recievers being completely changed every year because contract disputes. The colors are also garbage but I guess that's what happens when you are a legacy team.

At least you can buy stock in the Packers and claim you're an owner! Of course its a worthless piece of paper that's doesn't appreciate in value and cannot be traded, nor do you have any real power. But hey, its cool looking!

Rral talk its depressing to know there will be at least 3 injuries every game and the 4 hour runtime is 2 1/2 hours of commercials. I'm hoping Nickelodeon gets to air more games because that was awesome. I would rather listen to a 16 year old girl who has never watched a football game commentate than the dry old men that talk endlessly about some stupid statistic like "This is the longest yardage anyone has gotten in the first 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter when it was raining during the Bears Packers games that were played on a Monday night on even number years." At least the Nickelodeon casters explained what was going on and what things meant in between talking about player's favorite ice cream and using the most insane graphical overlay. Yes I want to see a player go Super Saiyan after scoring a touchdown how is that not already a thing?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

It's worthwhile watching football because Tom Brady finally choked it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
im excited for USFL cant wait to watch some east coast sissies prancing around the field giving eachother handbeezys

Slip
Jan 20, 2001
football loving sucks, especially if you are a raiders fan

the only good part of football is being an excuse to daydrink your loving brains out

tom braady kisses his children on the mouth

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

Slip posted:

football loving sucks, especially if you are a raiders fan

lol they fired Derek Carr and not that loving shithead Belichick system tanking machine Josh McDaniels and then let Bisaccia go to the Packers

Mark Davis is a moron

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

RAIDERS FOOOOL *points gun at u*

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lol look at me imjust drafted raiders WR who is gonna be the best there ever was i think ill go get shitfaced and drive my car real fast about it

WHOOOPSIEEEES

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

Nooner posted:

lol look at me imjust drafted raiders WR who is gonna be the best there ever was i think ill go get shitfaced and drive my car real fast about it

WHOOOPSIEEEES

literally every possible bad thing that could happen with having a pro football team in Vegas happened, like, immediately

he probably still woulda done it at some point though

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

There I was blasting Tupac and rolling up to a raiders game. Phone in hand and Michelob ultra in the other. I slapped my hand on the seat and watched the raiders trash tom Brady for a single touchdown. Then I watched bucks carry 38 points and win.

loving tom

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

what the gently caress is a raider

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

The autumn wind is a Raider.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Ralph Hurley posted:

I once witnessed this exchange between my dad and another dad. The other dad asked my dad if he liked football and he answered “depends on how you cook it” leaving the other dad standing there stunned like “ok that’s a good one but what the hell else are we supposed to talk about, smart rear end?”

lmao

sports are the invisible glue that hold society together. I don’t think movies or tv or even video games will ever replace this because those are too broad topics. But sports forces everything into a funnel wherein even the dumbest of society can remember team names and logos.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
they are a football team