Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Lemon-Lime posted:

It would be very funny for you to do both Liberty Island and Area 51, really. Something about living with the compounded consequences of a million terrible decisions. :v:

I'm not saying that whoever has the missile silo before Area 51 should endeavour to finish with an inventory that mirrors JC's inventory as it was at the end of Liberty Island... but I'm not not saying that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Danger - Octopus! posted:

I'm not saying that whoever has the missile silo before Area 51 should endeavour to finish with an inventory that mirrors JC's inventory as it was at the end of Liberty Island... but I'm not not saying that

Doing Area 51 with a 10mm pistol and a prod sounds like quite the challenge.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
tbh it would probably be unfun rather than funny really.

I'm not even sure there are many weapons to find before you encounter enemies, but it has been ages since I played to the end (because I hate the last few maps)

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Doing Area 51 with a 10mm pistol and a prod sounds like quite the challenge.

The more I think about it the more I'm kinda up for it ngl

I should probably load up the level to remind myself what kind of hell it'd be, but I'm assuming I get to keep the skills and augs collected on the way so on paper at least, it feels like an interesting challenge.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The bots would make your day hell unless you're super stealthy

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I hate myself...

Give me 3.14 Brooklyn Naval Shipyards, New York City.

That level is a pain in the rear end before whatever poo poo loadout I get arrives.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
if no one else is doing it, I'll also offer to take 3.19 Morgan Everett's Home, but tbh it's pretty short so Vavrek if you prefer to just do it at the end of the Cathedral section you've got, don't mind either way

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
I could go either way. My main desire was the Cathedral, Gunther, etc. It'd be nice to see Lucius and Morpheus again, though. Really, I think what I value most is having as many goons as we can pass this thing around, looking at the augs/skills/inventory and going :wtc:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Vavrek posted:

I could go either way. My main desire was the Cathedral, Gunther, etc. It'd be nice to see Lucius and Morpheus again, though. Really, I think what I value most is having as many goons as we can pass this thing around, looking at the augs/skills/inventory and going :wtc:

I haven’t gotten to upload my save yet because I went on a mission to get all the cigarettes and liquor from liberty island before I get on the boat.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

I haven’t gotten to upload my save yet because I went on a mission to get all the cigarettes and liquor from liberty island before I get on the boat.

Could you add me to the list for 3.14 Brooklyn Naval Shipyards, New York City. and what the hell, pick another one for me.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I feel a slight sense of guilt for your time waste then. I picked up absolutely nothing by design. I figured since the next person gets to visit the armoury etc that my part of the run can't exactly drop you in with a ridiculous inventory except for what you add for the next person. I absolutely support filling JC's pockets with coping mechanisms though. Shame you can't force the next level to be a zyme based run...

E: curious if there was any acknowledgement that you and Paul never actually had any of the intro convos? Perhaps before you board the boat he runs up with a GEP gun with a "hey bro I meant to give you this earlier but was busy murdering everyone I'm secretly on the side of". Also "nice job on the statue, looks like you must have slipped by them (while I did the murdering)?

I know it won't but a man can dream

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 4, 2021

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
So.... is this still happening?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Butterwagon posted:

So.... is this still happening?

imagine four playthroughs on the edge of a cliff

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah, I’m going to upload my save now, someone just has to get to the boat, life got a little insane for me.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/995cphi2oz04d2n/AABe-NACAqBXZHHY8ysQDizYa?dl=0

Made sure to pick up as much bric-a-brac as I could and avoid getting anything too useful but I did get you a multitool to break into the castle if you want. I went with microfibral muscle for the aug since the comedy potential is much higher than combat strength.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm up next and I'll start Monday.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 13, 2021

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm up next and I'll start Monday.

Oh God I'm up after that! Feeling the pressure

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Hey. my name isn't on the current list.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

:same:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

It's not been updated basically ever

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

MrL_JaKiri posted:

It's not been updated basically ever

I’ve updated it twice, it should be up to date now

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

We'll need someone to pass the save on to after me, Unatco is still not taken

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

MysticalMachineGun posted:

We'll need someone to pass the save on to after me, Unatco is still not taken

Butterwagon posted:

I can grab the Unatco visit before the mole people too

3.5 UNATCO HQ, New York City- Butterwagon
3.8 Hell's Kitchen, New York City- Butterwagon

I think that's me. OP may have missed it?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Butterwagon posted:

I think that's me. OP may have missed it?

Fixed! I had you for 3.8 but missed the 3.5

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

God, posters doing the work that mods should be doing, typical

The levels picked so far:
3.1 Liberty Island, New York City - Jojoinit
3.2 UNATCO HQ, New York City - Ugly In The Morning
3.3 Battery Park, New York City - Lemon-Lime
3.4 Hell's Kitchen, New York City - MysticalMachineGun
3.5 UNATCO HQ, New York City - Butterwagon
3.6 Battery Park, New York City
3.7 UNATCO HQ, New York City
3.8 Hell's Kitchen, New York City- Butterwagon
3.9 Location Unknown - MrL_JaKiri
3.10 Secret MJ12 Base, Hong Kong
3.11 Wan Chai Market, Hong Kong - Butterfly Valley
3.12 VersaLife Laboratory, Hong Kong - Grand Fromage
3.13 Hell's Kitchen, New York City
3.14 Brooklyn Naval Shipyards, New York City - Humbug Scoolbus
3.15 Lower East Side Cemetary, New York City - MysticalMachineGun
3.16 Denfert-Rochereau, Paris - Grand Fromage
3.17 Chateau DuClare, Outside Paris - Xander77
3.18 Knights Templar Cathedral, Paris - Vavrek
3.19 Morgan Everett's Home - Vavrek/Danger - Octopus!
3.20 Vandenberg Airforce Base- aniviron
3.21 Abandoned Gas Station, Central California - Danger - Octopus!
3.22 MJ12 Sub Base, SoCal Sea Wall - Gaius Marius
3.23 MJ12 Ocean Lab, Oceanic Floor - Butterfly Valley
3.24 New West Coast, Missile Silo - Humbug Schoolbus
3.25 Area 51, Rachel Nevada - MrL_JaKiri
3.26 Area 51 Bunker Sector 2, Rachel Nevada
3.27 Area 51 Bunker Sector 3, Rachel Nevada

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Could you add me to the list for 3.14 Brooklyn Naval Shipyards, New York City. and what the hell, pick another one for me.

I put you down for 3.24, let me know if that doesn't suit.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Look at that timing!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

God, posters doing the work that mods should be doing, typical

The levels picked so far:

3.24 New West Coast, Missile Silo - Humbug Schoolbus

I put you down for 3.24, let me know if that doesn't suit.

Yeah...I deserve that level of loving pain.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Yeah...I deserve that level of loving pain.

Be good to me plz

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I only managed to get the time to start today, but wow, I'm almost disappointed. My inventory contains useful things and Ugly actually picked a non-joke aug. I'll start playing and screenshotting tonight.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
For posterity's sake, this is the state of JC as Ugly left him to me:

Look at that: weapons! Ammo! Skill points that for some reason haven't all been put into swimming! The right wrong arm aug!

Anyway, I need to destroy bring democracy to the people inside Castle Clinton, but in the absence of a GEP gun I'm going to need some more firepower. Luckily, our buddies behind this magical vending machine portal have just what I need, and I immediately force-feed a candy bar to the nearest war orphan to open the door.

Would you believe it if I told you this guy was already dead when I found him, and magically gave me a flamethrower? That's definitely what happened and I had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Thus armed, it's time to retake Castle Clinton from the nefarious spectre of terrorism. Unfortunately, before JC can heroically prove himself in battle, someone else has already murdered the poor terrorists:

(I was genuinely going to go in with the flamethrower, but it turned out to literally only have a single shot.)

Now that that's done, I realise I've forgotten the code to the ramp keypad. Oh well, back to the vending machine.

Democracy returned. We can celebrate by fraternising with our colleague using our very good and smooth talking skills:

Time to bring democracy to the subways now. Tragically, JC once again shows up too late and everyone has already been murdered without his intervention:

But don't worry: worthy opponents finally appear.

Now, my original plan was

Lemon-Lime posted:

tossing a LAM down the stairs and walking away dramatically. :getin:
but no LAM was provided. I thought of cheating one in, but instead decided to use my tactical espionage training for some on-site explosives procurement.

UNATCO officer JC "Jesus Christ" Denton, pictured with dangerous weapons seized from illegal street criminals:

Finally, I leave you with this parting gift, MysticalMachineGun:

I know you'll make the right choice.

PS: I corrected Ugly's terrible mistake and made sure JC mastered the most important skill of them all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpe0v7dx82e1wij/Save0006.zip?dl=0

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Lemon-Lime posted:

Finally, I leave you with this parting gift, MysticalMachineGun:

PS: I corrected Ugly's terrible mistake and made sure JC mastered the most important skill of them all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpe0v7dx82e1wij/Save0006.zip?dl=0
Hot drat. This looks amazing. Great job, Lemon-Lime.

Also, right now we don't have anyone for 3.6 & 3.7, right? I can cover those if no one else wants them. (Like I said before: I want this to be as disjointed a mess as possible, with as many goons involved as we can get, so if you're interested, please speak up!)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I would have taken more screenshots but there's honestly not much more that would have been interesting - I forgot how small the underground base actually is in this level (and also after a while I just got distracted playing Deus Ex again and kept forgetting to screenshot stuff).

e; also, it's been so long since I did a playthrough without biomod that it took me until the subway to remember the laser bug exists.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 16, 2021

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lemon-Lime posted:

:ohdear:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Alright, loaded up and tested the save! Thanks...

I'll try and record something tonight.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I forgot how long this section was!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Alright folks, here's the videos of my playthrough (as I mentioned, long)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai7HSQMbjBw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQp_tXiFdHY

Two videos as I died and had to replay a bunch.

Save file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwnkjdow3plpq0w/Save0064.zip?dl=0

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Going to watch that later and hope for some funny reactions to what I left you with.

Since I'd forgotten how short Castle Clinton is, I'm happy to do something else - if no one has 3.6 and 3.7 I'm happy to do those, or you can give me the MJ12 helibase in Hong Kong because it contains more memes.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Alright folks, here's the videos of my playthrough (as I mentioned, long)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai7HSQMbjBw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQp_tXiFdHY

Two videos as I died and had to replay a bunch.

Save file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwnkjdow3plpq0w/Save0064.zip?dl=0

What's your setup to have all the bloom around lights?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Lemon-Lime posted:

Going to watch that later and hope for some funny reactions to what I left you with.

Since I'd forgotten how short Castle Clinton is, I'm happy to do something else - if no one has 3.6 and 3.7 I'm happy to do those, or you can give me the MJ12 helibase in Hong Kong because it contains more memes.

Doing 3.6 and 3.7 would be great, people really wanted endgame levels and the beginning was kind of overlooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Doing 3.6 and 3.7 would be great, people really wanted endgame levels and the beginning was kind of overlooked.

If we're reusing goons already then I'm happy to take 3.7. It'll give me a chance to get recording working and do this properly.