Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm happy to take 3.6 and let jojoinnit have 3.7, that way I'm not doing two in a row.

I'd still like the HK helibase if no one else takes it by the time the playthrough gets to it. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm happy to take 3.6 and let jojoinnit have 3.7, that way I'm not doing two in a row.

I'd still like the HK helibase if no one else takes it by the time the playthrough gets to it. :v:

Appreciate it bud :respek:

I vote we give Lemon-Lime the helibase even if someone claims it, for sheer grace alone.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Butterwagon posted:

What's your setup to have all the bloom around lights?

Not sure! I'll need to check when I get home.

It may be a bug

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
I will get started tonight. I can't exaggerate how much fun it was to watch MysticalMachineGun crawl to the end of the mission after breaking their legs by goomba-stomping a dog. Well done.

Butterwagon fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 17, 2021

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

jojoinnit posted:

I vote we give Lemon-Lime the helibase even if someone claims it, for sheer grace alone.

I'd rather we get someone who hasn't done any levels to take it! Hopefully we get a few late joiners.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

OK, done with UNATCO HQ.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lhg37xwifjji6dn/AADOslz3p55LFbHcsGB6QlQRa?dl=0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKRTziydEuA

Butterwagon fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 17, 2021

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'll do 3.6 tonight, then.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Update: I did all of 3.6 (I couldn't believe it included the entire airfield) but it turns out my microphone wasn't recording anything at all so I spoke to myself for an hour while doing the entire thing.

I'll probably just redo everything tomorrow, with working commentary this time. This means you won't get to see me having forgotten where everything is.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 17, 2021

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

"Looks like I got no legs... awesome"

Love it :v:

Edit: ahahaha love your exit

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I just have some screenshots from the headquarters that I’ll make a post for when I have a minute, work has been loving bonkers. I’m thinking when it’s done we can collect them all into a big ol’ omnibus post(s).

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Butterwagon posted:

I will get started tonight. I can't exaggerate how much fun it was to watch MysticalMachineGun crawl to the end of the mission after breaking their legs by goomba-stomping a dog. Well done.

:hfive:

Thank you for fast forwarding :patriot:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
FWIW I'm trying to get the re-recording done tonight, but may be until tomorrow night. Apologies for the delay.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
just record post commentary and put it over the original footage so you can try to justify your past self forgetting everything, it'll be perfect :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Alright, sorry for holding everyone up - I had some family stuff to sort out at the start of the week which meant I had less time to re-record this than I thought.

Here's my playthrough with commentary (still processing as I post this): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McmmTNx1Ooc

And as a bonus, here's the playthrough without commentary where I flail around like an idiot because I forgot where to go, if anyone really wants to watch the same thing but worse.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zc717ffehlujzfk/Save0078.zip?dl=0

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 27, 2021

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

I guess I should have chucked the stealth pistol

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Alright, sorry for holding everyone up - I had some family stuff to sort out at the start of the week which meant I had less time to re-record this than I thought.

Thanks man. Fyi that this week is busy for me so I won't get to downloading the save and playing my part until at least next weekend.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Butterwagon posted:

I now expect that I will be attacking the Navy Yard with a hunk of string cheese and 200 packs of cigarettes

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

jojoinnit posted:

Thanks man. Fyi that this week is busy for me so I won't get to downloading the save and playing my part until at least next weekend.

Deus Ex is 21 years old so as long as we can keep the timeframe for this less than that I think we’re good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Butterwagon posted:

My cunning plan of using it when everyone hates it has paid off.

If Stealthy the stealth pistol and our good friend the fire extinguisher don't both make it to the end of the game, I'm going to be sad.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Lemon-Lime posted:

My cunning plan of using it when everyone hates it has paid off.

If Stealthy the stealth pistol and our good friend the fire extinguisher don't both make it to the end of the game, I'm going to be sad.

I liked your JC anti-smoking PSA.

I've accidentally killed JC with cigarettes before more than once

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I wonder if anyone gets into fights after downing several forties/zyme.
I'd watch a challenge speedrun with that effect enabled permanently.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

By popular demand posted:

TNM and Revision have zyme provide bullet time.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

By popular demand posted:

In the paris streets map, I once broke into the bakery, ate all the Zyme, turned on level 4 legs and started bouncing around.

When the effect wore off I was outside the map with no way to get back in, and no idea how it happened.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

You wield magic well!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

How’s the current level progressing?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

How’s the current level progressing?

Who is it now

jojoinnit posted:

Oh duh

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Who is it now

Oh duh

Will try to get this done this week. I’ve got my recording setup working so now it's just a matter of the free time.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

jojoinnit posted:

Will try to get this done this week. I’ve got my recording setup working so now it's just a matter of the free time.

Hooray!

I've been thinking of recording a run through the training level to test my setup. I'd like to do live commentary, but I have a loud keyboard and a desk mic. I'm not sure how much it would disrupt the video, or what I could do to suppress it, and want a trial run to figure it out. I want my level to be the first I've really played of the game in years. Just fully capture the "I don't know what I'm doing or where I'm going" experience.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
To think if we'd only waited 6 weeks to start, we could have done this whole thing with lady Denton instead.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Lemon-Lime posted:

To think if we'd only waited 6 weeks to start, we could have done this whole thing with lady Denton instead.
In case anyone missed it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naDOv1W6-Cc

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Also, is there a way to play the (not great) multiplayer these days?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Today's the day that I'm finally starting the next level and I completely forget how Lemon-Lime left it, jumped in, and got immediately dizzy and had to stop and quit out just so I could reorient myself irl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I94vdXGJ2ig

That loving 1-1 reflection on the lobby floor just killed me. I absolutely loved being surprised by someone else's decisions even though I watched the full run when posted so I should ave been aware :allears:

Anyways, I'll try to have this done and upped by next Sunday. aka see you guys in the spring

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Oct 17, 2021

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm glad the surprise turned out to be a surprise, even though I announced it in the first 5 minutes of my segment and also showed it at the end. :v:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Genuine apologies for the wait, my life has gone hectic in both the best and worst ways as of late.

I decided tonight's the night so kids in bed I get to it. First attempt is going well until I check my inventory for something to throw at Manderley, decide to see if smoking a cigarette near him would produce any response and promptly died because I honestly didn't realise I'd been left one hit point away from death.

No problem, but I did notice that I was getting a bug where long sentences in dialogue scenes were getting cut off. I Google the problem and promptly install Kentie's launcher (I haven't found a need for it since Steam and Win10).

I boot back up and manage a drat decent run. I harassed a floorbot to death and broke Walton Simon's pathfinding by dropping inconvenient plants (16:50), leading him to run laps around Jamie and JC when they have their conversation in the break room. I finish up, satisfied, and go to watch the playback. To discover it only captured the top left quarter of the screen for some reason (I assume the borderless fullscreen?). :negative:

Welp, if we end up with a blooper real, I guess I've got the first content for it. v:shobon:v

First run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvzYmTb33YI

Second run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx6MtVwDzy0

I will get this done this weekend, properly and all, one way or another. :arghfist::(

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 11, 2021

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

:perfect:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

We're finally back to Hell's Kitchen so the next goon can go see what's up with Paul!

Save folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hjhksng1drx2hk2/AACovzt5rC1ixyX5-FepcsvZa?dl=0

With Walton Simon's being the only person you can really mess with (except for mopbots of course) as he's literally the only person you talk to in that level who walks around except for Hymie, it's a lot of attempted antics. The video file ended up at 1.83GB and halfway through my laptop really started feeling it so my apologies for the stuttering in some audio. I was dumb and fixed the problem of it only recording 1/4 of the screen by increasing the recording output to full resolution (3840x2160) instead of reducing the desktop resolution down to 1920x1080 for the session.

In terms of practical stuff, I made an aug choice but left the one I collected in that level for the next person to decide on. Nobody else seems to have made a choice on weapon mods so I threw in a few more. It'll be fun if we get to the end with nothing but a pistol and every unused mod in the inventory.

Oh and fun surprise at the end where I learned something new! If you cross load sections while drunk or high, it's immediately gone when the next part loads. But when you go back to the section you were drunk in, it's back! :beerpal:

Video is up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE7y1ROOl-M

I will never get the hang of hitting targets whilst drunk and getting a proper jerk off rhythm going on the water fountains and taps :sigh:

Edit: I'd like to make the video more watchable by fast-forwarding the antics. Is there an easy app for that? I can use an Adobe Premiere license through my work but I've no experience there.

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 21, 2021

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Awesome, I'll get started recording Hell's Kitchen soon.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

jojoinnit posted:

I will never get the hang of hitting targets whilst drunk and getting a proper jerk off rhythm going on the water fountains and taps :sigh:

Not with that attitude! Practice, practice, practice!

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Just finished recording Hell's kitchen. I'll get it edited whenever.

E: Save: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/io8r4eyz8dpvim7/AADCYYl9v4LztXMYD32cW1q5a?dl=0

Butterwagon fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

jojoinnit posted:

Edit: I'd like to make the video more watchable by fast-forwarding the antics. Is there an easy app for that? I can use an Adobe Premiere license through my work but I've no experience there.

I use Kdenlive. I don't know if it's available on windows though.

Hell's Kitchen is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcD92_x2h28