Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
What a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Butterwagon posted:

I use Kdenlive. I don't know if it's available on windows though.

This article says it is!

https://kdenlive.org/en/2017/01/kdenlive-16-12-1-released-with-windows-version/

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
If you piss Paul off before triggering the convo with the MIBs in the hallway, they spawn but are invincible and Paul never gives you the code to the subway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7yYHog_-is

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Butterwagon posted:

If you piss Paul off before triggering the convo with the MIBs in the hallway, they spawn but are invincible and Paul never gives you the code to the subway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7yYHog_-is

:aaa:

Maybe God mode applies to Paul and the MIBs too?

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

MysticalMachineGun posted:

:aaa:

Maybe God mode applies to Paul and the MIBs too?

Paul has god mode at all times. I think the MiBs get god mode when they spawn in to ensure that the cutscene where Paul tells you the code to the subway goes off even if you booby-trap the hallway. Also, strangely, the trigger to spawn all the UNATCO troops and MiBs is walking next to Paul's chair, not actually talking to him, so the result is they show up with god mode, but the god mode doesn't turn off because the conversation with Paul never completes.

No clue why JoJo showed up at 1:34.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
So who's actually next to take the save?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Lemon-Lime posted:

So who's actually next to take the save?

MrL_JaKiri.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

:colbert:

I can do

3.9 Location Unknown
3.25 Area 51, Rachel Nevada

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I am so glad to see this keeping up, I’m mostly avoiding this site for various reasons but it’s still here when I poke in. You are all the best.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I've got Wan Chai but if it passes over to me during the Christmas period I'll be unable to do it then as I'm out of the country away from my PC until 10th Jan. I guess most people will be otherwise occupied and won't be clamoring for Deus Ex so hopefully people don't mind waiting a bit if it gets to me.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Will get this done over the weekend (or tonight if I'm bored)

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

The save:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5j5sfvdfwz098c/Save0085.zip?dl=0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2e_J-U0XiA

And I forgot that the end of the mission was Black Helicopter, so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoQTIbkONrA

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

That's the first time I've seen friendly karkians.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Butterwagon posted:

That's the first time I've seen friendly karkians.

Same, although they didn't attack the guards and just ate all the scientists for some reason

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

God, posters doing the work that mods should be doing, typical

The levels picked so far:
3.1 Liberty Island, New York City - Jojoinit
3.2 UNATCO HQ, New York City - Ugly In The Morning
3.3 Battery Park, New York City - Lemon-Lime
3.4 Hell's Kitchen, New York City - MysticalMachineGun
3.5 UNATCO HQ, New York City - Butterwagon
3.6 Battery Park, New York City
3.7 UNATCO HQ, New York City
3.8 Hell's Kitchen, New York City- Butterwagon
3.9 Location Unknown - MrL_JaKiri
3.10 Secret MJ12 Base, Hong Kong
3.11 Wan Chai Market, Hong Kong - Butterfly Valley
3.12 VersaLife Laboratory, Hong Kong - Grand Fromage
3.13 Hell's Kitchen, New York City
3.14 Brooklyn Naval Shipyards, New York City - Humbug Scoolbus
3.15 Lower East Side Cemetary, New York City - MysticalMachineGun
3.16 Denfert-Rochereau, Paris - Grand Fromage
3.17 Chateau DuClare, Outside Paris - Xander77
3.18 Knights Templar Cathedral, Paris - Vavrek
3.19 Morgan Everett's Home - Vavrek/Danger - Octopus!
3.20 Vandenberg Airforce Base- aniviron
3.21 Abandoned Gas Station, Central California - Danger - Octopus!
3.22 MJ12 Sub Base, SoCal Sea Wall - Gaius Marius
3.23 MJ12 Ocean Lab, Oceanic Floor - Butterfly Valley
3.24 New West Coast, Missile Silo - Humbug Schoolbus
3.25 Area 51, Rachel Nevada - MrL_JaKiri
3.26 Area 51 Bunker Sector 2, Rachel Nevada
3.27 Area 51 Bunker Sector 3, Rachel Nevada

I put you down for 3.24, let me know if that doesn't suit.

I guess I'm up next? Since no one else claimed the MJ12 helibase and I said I would take it.

I'll try to get it done Weds/Thurs, or failing that on boxing day.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Like I said I'm away from my PC until 10th of January so there's no rush.

Also, how do we split up Wan Chai from the Versalife Lab? In my head it feels like there's Maggie Chow, the DTS, the killswitch and the triads as the first 'half' of the level, but you have to go into the top half of Versalife to finish the triads iirc. So I guess I just do everything that I can do without heading into Versalife?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Both Vavrek and I offered to do Morgan Everett's home but tbh it's so short (if I remember it well anyway) that Vavrek might as well just do it after the rest of Paris, probably not worth handing over to me just for that . I've got my gas station section later anyhow :v:

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

In lieu of getting JC to SAY THE LINE, I offer this as penance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF67tmqA-q0

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Both Vavrek and I offered to do Morgan Everett's home but tbh it's so short (if I remember it well anyway) that Vavrek might as well just do it after the rest of Paris, probably not worth handing over to me just for that . I've got my gas station section later anyhow :v:

Noted. I'll say hi to Lucius for you.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lemon-Lime posted:

I guess I'm up next? Since no one else claimed the MJ12 helibase and I said I would take it.

I'll try to get it done Weds/Thurs, or failing that on boxing day.

No, I wanted orange

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Sorry, I got totally sidetracked by changing jobs and having to close down every project and hand everything over in the last month, and all my spare hours have been spent raiding in FF14. :smith:

I promise I will 100% 100‰ get it done this week. I've even booked it in my calendar.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 14, 2022

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lemon-Lime posted:

Sorry, I got totally sidetracked by changing jobs and having to close down every project and hand everything over in the last month, and all my spare hours have been spent raiding in FF14. :smith:

I promise I will 100% get it done this week. I've even booked it in my calendar.

Just meant to be a gentle poke. Congrats on the new job!

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's all good. Congratulations (I hope?) on the new job. I hear good things about FF14. I've been feeling overcommitted and haven't really spent any time with video games in a while.

(The high point being the other night when I decided to take a break and make a Bloodborne character. When I last played the game, I didn't spend enough time on my Hunter's face, and kept thinking it looked dumb. I spent maybe an hour fiddling with sliders the other night. It was great. Spent maybe as much time actually playing, making sure I remembered how to, as I did just making a face that's usually pointed away from the camera and covered by a mask.)

Lemon-Lime posted:

I promise I will 100% get it done this week. I've even booked it in my calendar.
:toot:
I think that's a sign of adulthood: calendars. Reminds me, I need to put a reminder about my D&D game on mine ...

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Vavrek posted:

:toot:
I think that's a sign of adulthood: calendars. Reminds me, I need to put a reminder about my D&D game on mine ...

Another sign of adulthood is ignoring your calendar alerts, my boss does it all the time :cry:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Another sign of adulthood is ignoring your calendar alerts, my boss does it all the time :cry:

For some reason, shitposting on SA is a free action but lining up a couple of hours to play Deus Ex takes time. :negative:

I actually got halfway through the segment late last week, and I'm planning to finish tomorrow night.

e; done, I need to splice it together and throw it on Youtube which I will not be doing tonight, though. Should be up this weekend.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 18, 2022

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lemon-Lime posted:

For some reason, shitposting on SA is a free action but lining up a couple of hours to play Deus Ex takes time. :negative:

I actually got halfway through the segment late last week, and I'm planning to finish tomorrow night.

You can do it! :hfive:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I believe in you!

This thread took like a year to even make, so a delay is no great shakes in the scheme of things.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Don't rush. I don't even know how to make a video

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Do screenshots like the old days!

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I'm def doing screenshots when it gets round to me, maybe someone else should too :-D

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I miss the days of screenshot LPs. I can read at a decent pace so a page full of screenshots is less daunting to me than a 2 hour YouTube video

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I miss the days of screenshot LPs. I can read at a decent pace so a page full of screenshots is less daunting to me than a 2 hour YouTube video

:same:, and I like filling in the blanks myself.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I'm sorry, after deep thought and consultation with my family, I've decided that 30's radio serial is the only medium that can encapsulate my artistry accurately

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Gaius Marius posted:

I'm sorry, after deep thought and consultation with my family, I've decided that 30's radio serial is the only medium that can encapsulate my artistry accurately

Then that must be the way it's done. I expect every shot to be described with full sound effects.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

All you had to do was play the drat game, JC :smith:

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
What a shame?

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

The underclasses are starting to get desperate.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I am?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Okay, so it wasn't my distraction and overwork which led to this thread slowly losing activity and falling off the first page of my bookmarks. (I haven't checked back since then. Sorry.)

My plan was to do the tutorial level as a test run of my recording setup. I'll see if I can get that done ... tomorrow night? That probably makes the most sense? After that, we can see what comes of the thread.

I checked my notes and that D&D game didn't start until March 3rd.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Welcome back, thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I'll believe it when I see it