Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Arzaac posted:

God, I feel that. I had an incredibly similar run, just with me picking up a Mag Pistol, into an incredibly tricked out 7.62 sidearm (that I just replaced with a CRI blaster, lmao). Also went to Biolabs due to having an incredible amount of multitools, and was feeling really cocky because I could one-shot everyone.

One-shotting everyone, as it turns out, does not defend me from an entire firing squad of CRI Marines. :v:

:smith::hf::smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

loving finally.

quote:

Bulk Hardslab, level 17 Technician,
defeated the Harbinger against all odds.

He survived for 11338 turns.
The run time was 2h 15m 13s.
World seed was 87457.
He scored 7060 points.
He was ULTRAVIOLENT!

Callisto Hub -> Callisto Rift L1
Callisto Rift L1 - The Hunt
Callisto Rift L2 -> The Rift
The Rift - Cleared!
EUROPA L3 -> Europa Ruins L1
Europa Ruins L2 - The Hunt
Europa Ruins L2 -> Frozen Temple
Frozen Temple - Cleared!
IO L3 - The Hunt
Io Nexus -> Shadow Halls L1
Shadow Halls L2 -> Dark Cathedral
Dark Cathedral - Cleared!
Dark Cathedral - found Death
Dante Station L2 - Exalted Summons

Awards
Medal of Prejudice (+200)
* Won with 100% kills
CRI Star (bronze cluster) (+50)
* 25+ kills without taking damage
CRI Gold Badge
* Win a UV or higher game with 100% kills

He killed 757 out of 757 enemies.

52 former grunts 8 CalSec bots
6 corrupted grunts 9 security bots
4 former CRI grunts 1 military bot
6 former grenadiers 17 reavers
4 corrupted grenadiers 44 cryoreavers
9 former soldiers 19 toxic reavers
29 corrupted soldiers 39 archreavers
4 former CRI soldiers 10 kerberi
5 former sergeants 11 cyberi
7 corrupted sergeants 15 cryoberi
3 former CRI sergeants 11 toxiberi
1 CRI sergeant 6 medusae
17 former guards 5 archmedusae
4 former commandoes 22 ravagers
12 corrupted commandoes 7 armored ravagers
3 former CRI commandoes 13 siege ravagers
1 former heavy 10 plasma ravagers
1 corrupted heavy 27 CRI marines
4 fanatics 9 CRI bots
7 security drones 16 guardians
12 combat drones 5 sentinels
61 fiends 8 warlocks
20 fire fiends 5 archwarlocks
31 ice fiends 2 watchers
17 toxic fiends 7 cryowatchers
4 CalSec sentries 1 pyrowatcher
21 security sentries

Traits
Whizkid L3
Cover Master L3
Son of a Gun L3
Sustained fire L1
Headshot L3
SHARPSHOOTER L3

Trait order
SoG->SoG->Hsh->Whk->MSS->Hsh->Whk->Whk->
MSS->Cov->Cov->Cov->MSS->Hsh->SoG->SF->

Equipment
Slot #1 : railgun C
* Freezing 2
* Electromagnetic rail

Slot #2 : Death
Slot #3 : AV1 7.62 sidearm +PBA
* Efficient
* Longshot 3
* Auto-calibrated
* Precise
* Frenzy 4

Body : combat armor PB2A
* Durable
* Metabolic boost
* Fire-resistant
* Acid shield

Head : - NONE -
Utility : AV3 pistol AMP
* Pistol speed-loader
* Pistol booster

Relic : ancient legwrap
* Ancient Speed

Permanents
Blessing of Fire
Demonblood
Rift Attunement

Inventory
energy cell (x100)
energy cell (x100)
energy cell (x64)
7.62 ammo (x100)
gas grenade (x2)
smoke grenade (x2)
large medkit
large medkit
large medkit
large medkit

Honestly I'm just, so happy to finally have a technician win on Ultraviolent! Sharpshooter feels super busted right now; like, I know I had an absolutely stacked game, but honestly the 7.62 Sidearm probably would've been enough for Dante. I really don't feel like technician has great defenses, but getting the health wish and jealously hoarding all my large medkits was enough to get me through to the end.

I think I might go back and do some challenges now; I've basically just been singlemindedly splatting Techs on Ultraviolent until I finally got one through.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
One point in Cover Master is usually my very first upgrade if I’m planning any sort of tanky “hunker down” build. It effectively cuts incoming damage by half under most circumstances

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly; it's normally my first point as well, I just don't go for it on a Sharpshooter build because I much prefer getting Headshot online ASAP. Once you have both of those, you're invulnerable for a long while because you can one shot everything except the boss on Callisto and most things on Europa.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Congrats!

I don't think you need to get headshot level 3. The only benefit is decreased cooldown, but sharpshooter automatically refreshes it on every kill. The decreased cooldown is almost never going to come into play.

Agree, covermaster is a level one autopick unless I decide to trying a melee build. I'm surprised that Tech doesn't get tough as nails, ironman, or some other defensive skill build around tanking damage given his playstyle.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I was going back and forth on that; my rationale was getting it for bosses, but it probably wasn't worth the point. I probably could've dropped that, sustained fire, and SoaG 3 to get like, grenadier or toxicologist or something.

I don't really know, my only priorities for Sharpshooter are Headshot 2, Whizkid 3, Cover Master 3. I feel a bit lost after that.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Some points into skilled (for dismantle and more smoke can be great) or hacker (depending on your route) can be real lifesavers. Toxicologist is amazing throughout the entire game but two points can be a pretty hefty investment as powerjack probably won't be that useful generally for a sharpshooter; and the poison effect is way less impactful when you need help the most (near the end). The immunity is always great, saves a mod slot or a trip to certain branches. Hacker enables a lot of strategies that would be otherwise too costly, and can really help you get over some hurdles in the mid to late game.

I mostly pick something that helps me survive the thing that kills me the most, which are the bosses, especially the harbinger. Toxicologist is great for a temporary reprieve and doing lots of damage to most adds, while hacker is more helpful to actually get to the boss and power up quicker; it can be really helpful for boss fights if you manage to bring a decent ally into the fight but it's definitely not guaranteed.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I grabbed this about a month ago and have been making decent progress and can win pretty consistently on hard. One question though, what are you supposed to do for CRI Laboratories on Io, run straight to the exit, sit around and kill demons, or something else? I tend to find myself doing the same side branches each time due to either a consistent reward or just because they are easy, and have not done the CRI ones frequently.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Sitting around and killing demons is the one thing you probably don't want to do, unless maybe you have an AWP.

The demons will stop spawning in once all the CRI enemies are dead. Then there's also a highly improbable special reward for rushing through the levels without killing CRI guys or letting too many of them die to the spawns.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Honestly the best answer is to just not go into CRI Labs, it's easily the hardest Io branch. Blacksite's better, as all those demons are way easier than CRI Bots/Marines.

Also for both of those, completing the main objective is extremely hard and realistically only saves you some keycards; if you walk in with a stack of 2 red keycards you already have all you need to get full rewards from the end. I'd recommend just ignoring the objective and playing cautiously, and just jump to the next level if things get too dicey.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

CRI labs does just have tons and tons of energy ammo lying around. If you're build can leverage that, the rewards in the branch are some of the best. Like say if you rolled access to a railgun in the asterius breach machine or you're a plasma shotgun using sniper.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh, I guess that's fair. I've mostly been playing builds that don't really struggle with ammo consumption, or have access to both a good 7.62 weapon and a good Energy weapon. I can see how you'd wanna go there if you have a really strong Energy weapon that's kind of an ammo hog.

I'd still wanna make sure you can kill a CRI Marine in one hit, though.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
Weirdly, so far, Former Guards have been my bane more than any enemy. Because they just like to walk up to me, slowly, and Down Smash me in the face. And I usually don't carry a SMG for point-blank shooting.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Oh yeah, that’s why some builds the minimum range mods are my favorite. What is it called, Balanced? If I don’t have Whizkid, I keep an extra eye out for naturally calibrated or stabilized weapons since that lets me mod for balanced. Also why I like Bloodhound on the marine, though it never fits my build. It’s a bit more difficult to get heat vision on a hat w/o whizkid but there’s a few ways to make it more likely, like clearing the Docking Bay for a visor. Something I keep an eye on with scouts, especially if I’m letting being stupid/stubborn/distracted prevent me from grabbing movement traits.

Though it’s less formers and more exalted on the other side of a door.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

LordSloth posted:

Oh yeah, that’s why some builds the minimum range mods are my favorite. What is it called, Balanced? If I don’t have Whizkid, I keep an extra eye out for naturally calibrated or stabilized weapons since that lets me mod for balanced. Also why I like Bloodhound on the marine, though it never fits my build. It’s a bit more difficult to get heat vision on a hat w/o whizkid but there’s a few ways to make it more likely, like clearing the Docking Bay for a visor. Something I keep an eye on with scouts, especially if I’m letting being stupid/stubborn/distracted prevent me from grabbing movement traits.

Though it’s less formers and more exalted on the other side of a door.

For some reason Exalted kill me less, I think it's because I instinctively understand that they're dangerous and get away, but Formers always make me think "IF I JUST HIT THEM THEY ARE DEAD" which is true but you can't hit them at point blank...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hmm, just tried Angel of Light Travel (4 inventory slots, +20% move speed) with a bladedancer technician. at the end of the mines, i discovered a kerberos paw relic (+40% movespeed but all enemies know where you are). was rocking +movespeed armour for a while but found the exosuit in dante 2.

truly absurd stuff. think i had a 0.31s movespeed in the end

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Err, any tips for the boss in Dante (Harbinger)? I was rolling through everything easily with the HAMMERHEAD but the combination of the boss and the reavers got me. My build had Survivor as the mega perk, cover master, angry mofo. Felt like I couldn't do enough damage to it and survive at the same time.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Chas McGill posted:

Err, any tips for the boss in Dante (Harbinger)? I was rolling through everything easily with the HAMMERHEAD but the combination of the boss and the reavers got me. My build had Survivor as the mega perk, cover master, angry mofo. Felt like I couldn't do enough damage to it and survive at the same time.

I felt like on most runs where I couldn't reasonably just burn down all 3 phases before the reavers became a significant problem, I resorted to bursting down phase 1 then pulling back to the bridge and killing the reaver summons until they finally stopped spawning. It works because each "phase" has its own large pool of adds that can spawn, and eventually they'll stop spawning if you kill enough, and if you run away during the transition from phase 1 to 2 the harbinger itself loses track of you and won't be spamming mortars at you as you kill the reavers.
Alternatively you can just sneak behind it and use the unbreakable pillars as cover which also will make the reavers be unable to flank you from every direction due to none of the reaver spawn points being at the back of the room.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Chas McGill posted:

Err, any tips for the boss in Dante (Harbinger)? I

The wiki has some solid tips, but there’s only a few I’m especially familiar enough with that I don’t feel like I’m stealing credit for.

Armor destruction, chill, emp.
Hammerhead has pierce, so krak grenades aren’t relevant in this particular instance.
The harbinger isn’t immune to chill- it’s a bit of a rare damage type, but on the occasional whiz kid AsterTech run I’ve had some crazy onslaught marines exploit that.
More universally applicable is that his mechanical phases have partial emp vulnerability. It wasn’t until the last several major updates that I regularly targeted non-robot enemies with that, but it’s worth keeping in mind as an option though I personally would rather have another stack of BFG ammo or plasma grenades.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I almost always toss a gas or smoke grenade on the first turn and then run behind it.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Nice, I didn't realise the pillars at the back are indestructible.

Now I need to get back there again. Got the Bloodletter rifle on my last run and it basically killed me. Could see it working with specific builds though.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Did it! I ended up killing the harbinger with the katana despite not having any melee perks. Ended the game on 5 health with 3 bleeding and 2 burning. Is there a way to view the log of the final turns?
code:
m, level 17 Marine,
defeated the Harbinger against all odds.

He survived for 12487 turns.
The run time was 2h 38m 17s.
World seed was 57078.
He scored 4467 points.
He took MEDIUM risks.

CALLISTO L2 - Lockdown
CALLISTO L2 -> Callisto Rift L1
Callisto Rift L3 - Low Power
Callisto Rift L3 -> The Rift
The Rift - Cleared!
EUROPA L5 - Secure Vault
EUROPA L5 -> Refueling Base
Refueling Base - found Vulcan
Refueling Base - Cleared!
IO L2 - Exalted Summons
IO L3 -> Mephitic Mines L1
Mephitic Mines L1 - Secure Vault
Mephitic Mines L2 -> Noxious Hollow
Noxious Hollow - Cleared!
Dante Station L3 - The Hunt

Awards
  Medal of Prejudice (+200)
   * Won with 100% kills
  JoviSec Silver Badge
   * Win a game
  CRI Bronze Badge
   * Win any game with 100% kills
  CRI Silver Badge
   * Win a MEDIUM or higher game with 100% kills

He killed 567 out of 567 enemies.

Traits
  Hellrunner L1
  Tough as Nails L3
  Army Surplus L1
  Cover Master L3
  Whizkid L2
  Angry Motherfucker L3
  SURVIVOR L3

Trait order
  Hr->TaN->Cov->Cov->MSV->TaN->AMf->AMf->
  MSV->AMf->Arm->Whk->MSV->Whk->Cov->TaN->

Equipment
  Slot #1 : plasma rifle +PB2
   * Barbed 1
   * Swap Harness
   * Auto-calibrated
   * Longshot 1

Slot #2 : Vulcan
   * Spin-up

Slot #3 : AV3 katana PA
   * Critical 25
   * Hunter 5
   * Exalted bane
   * Disruptive 4

Body : marine armor
  Head :  - NONE - 
  Utility : AV3 utility AMP
   * Carrier
   * Adrenal

Relic : ancient necklace
   * Ancient Resistance

Permanents
  Mephitic Attunement
  CRI backpack

Inventory
  energy cell (x100)
  energy cell (x100)
  energy cell (x42)
  7.62 ammo (x100)
  7.62 ammo (x27)
  multitool (x5)
  red keycard (x3)

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

Chas McGill posted:

Did it! I ended up killing the harbinger with the katana despite not having any melee perks. Ended the game on 5 health with 3 bleeding and 2 burning. Is there a way to view the log of the final turns?

I'm pretty sure all you get is the little log on the endscreen so you can screenshot that but otherwise no.

Also lategame melee is absurdly powerful now, especially with the guaranteed unique from shattered abyss. On my last run as a survivor marine I killed the harbinger in melee with 4000 damage crits.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I picked this up on sale and I'm slowly improving (I got to Europa for the first time after like 9 or 10 attempts), but one of the complaints I have is that the game tends to throw way too much at you all at once. My biggest cause of death thus far has been getting whittled down by a ridiculous conga line of enemies while I either try to fall back or, if I'm caught in an open space, try to stand my ground. This is honestly my last attempts at Roguelikes because every other one I've played, from a large range of genres and subgenres, I wind up getting frustrated when the game inevitably decides it's time for me to die. I mean I'm digging this so far and I hope I can stick with it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Grimthwacker posted:

I picked this up on sale and I'm slowly improving (I got to Europa for the first time after like 9 or 10 attempts), but one of the complaints I have is that the game tends to throw way too much at you all at once. My biggest cause of death thus far has been getting whittled down by a ridiculous conga line of enemies while I either try to fall back or, if I'm caught in an open space, try to stand my ground. This is honestly my last attempts at Roguelikes because every other one I've played, from a large range of genres and subgenres, I wind up getting frustrated when the game inevitably decides it's time for me to die. I mean I'm digging this so far and I hope I can stick with it.

Try hugging the walls more as you're walking around. You want to always be in full cover whenever possible or have full cover available when walking away from the enemies.
Never let yourself be surrounded. Make sure that you only fight enemies that you have cover to or you can kill them in one turn without them being able to retaliate.

Don't forget to use your class ability if you made a mistake and got stuck in a bad spot.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Noise is a thing in this game, so the constant conga line of enemies tends to be more and more enemies approaching your location because they're hearing your firefight. If you've got the space it can be handy to retreat around corners once you've finished a firefight so that any approaching enemies won't see you and aggro on to you.

Another weird enemy AI quirk is that some demons track by smell. What this means is that other types of enemies, if they lose line of sight on you, will search a little more for you and then deaggro and start wandering. Melee demons won't; once they can smell you, they'll follow the trail directly to you, and so they typically know exactly where you are, even through stealth. The only thing that stops that is smoke and gas, which will break your smell trail and they'll lose track of you.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
On the note of smell, if you end up in a level with the Infestation tag (usually means only melee demons spawn) and you go a while without seeing any enemies either wait in a room where you have good line of sight behind you or carefully double back on your own trail. You've probably got a pack of Fiends tracking your scent from across the level.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Another note: the lifts are color-coded for main path, branch, special level, broken, and needing a keycard. If there's a purple lift it means there is a special floor ahead. Sometimes that's the end of the moon, but if there is more than one elevator on the floor beware. Some of them are a particularly vicious to the unexpecting- notably the Military Barracks and the Callisto Anomaly.

For the first moon, sometimes grenade launchers are more common than grenades. If you have a third slot and no handy escape options (the marine), a 40mm grenade launcher saves so many problems. On the second moon, it's less of an obvious choice so feel free to use up those 40mm grenades. Rockets will be more common if you decide to keep a launcher on hand.

A side note, weapons with slashing damage (shotgun, launcher) do less damage to armor and robots. The damage estimate will reflect this, but it's easy to overlook in the pressure of combat since the game doesn't include it in the tutorial. It's also almost irrelevant by the time you get to plasma weaponry late in the game or have a selection of perks and grenades on hand.

Sometimes when you walk into a vending machine, it will drop a freebie medkit.

Edit: Along the lines of the warning about Infestation, if you hear something about a great hunt or robot execution squad coming for you, it may pay to give up exploration early and fight your way to a corner of the map and wait for death to come directly towards you as soon as the timer is done.

Edit 2: While walking into lifts normally takes you to the next floor, the entry lift is usually an exception. I often find it extremely useful to fall back into the entry lift to fire from cover if it looks like I might be surrounded at the start.

LordSloth fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 13, 2023

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
One general rule of thumb is to explore levels in a corkscrew manner when possible. Check out the edges of a level first, gradually constricting inward and hitting the center of the level last. This will limit the number of angles you're likely to encounter enemies at once. If you head straight to the middle of a level, an unlucky roll of the dice could have enemies shooting at you from 3 sides and a pack of fiends charging you from the rear.

LordSloth posted:

A side note, weapons with slashing damage (shotgun, launcher) do less damage to armor and robots. The damage estimate will reflect this, but it's easy to overlook in the pressure of combat since the game doesn't include it in the tutorial. It's also almost irrelevant by the time you get to plasma weaponry late in the game or have a selection of perks and grenades on hand.

This is extremely valuable info and something you need to keep in mind when choosing what weapon to use against each target. Slash does half damage to armor and robots, piercing does double, so that "Calibrated 9mm" rare weapon is doing quad damage to mechs compared to a shotgun.

Magitek fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 13, 2023

Drone Incognito
Oct 16, 2008

There are no drones here. No way no how.
Make liberal use of your items as well. If you have a smoke grenade or just a regular grenade and not using it means you take 80 damage, just throw it! You'll find another one. Or use that teleporter to take you somewhere hopefully safer.

If you don't already do so, make sure you use your classes ability. Being able to pop Sprint or Stealth and get out of a sticky situation is super useful. Combine it with perks like Hellrunner (which I highly undervalued at the start) and you will see yourself dodging far more shots taken at you.

The more you play the more you will pick up on which enemies will tear you a new one. In the early game did you step out of cover and find three shotgun guys right next to you? You better hit your "oh crap" button. Got a big scary robot about to mow you down? Hope you have an EMP grenade to make it trivial.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
One thing that IS in the instructions but you probably missed anyway because everyone does is that if you use a multitool from inventory, it will repair your armor.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Tendales posted:

One thing that IS in the instructions but you probably missed anyway because everyone does is that if you use a multitool from inventory, it will repair your armor.

. . . Seriously? I kinda glossed over that.

Thanks for the advice. Things make more sense now. I've been sticking to the "main" path as much as possible until I get more experience. Pretty much because I learned the hard way that deviating earns me a face-caving.

Drone Incognito
Oct 16, 2008

There are no drones here. No way no how.
What's nice about the special areas is that they have the same layout every single time. So once you are more familiar you can know whether or not it's worth your time. I think they give specific rewards too, so if you know you want a certain type of item you can go to that area to get a leg up.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Grimthwacker posted:

. . . Seriously? I kinda glossed over that.

Thanks for the advice. Things make more sense now. I've been sticking to the "main" path as much as possible until I get more experience. Pretty much because I learned the hard way that deviating earns me a face-caving.

If you’re strictly sticking to the main path you might consider a trial of purity “challenge run”. The main thing this does is remove all the side branches and replace the final zone. In exchange it makes some rare stuff more common. Ultimately it gives you less control over your build than the branches, but it’s kind of the “early access training wheels” I experienced. A good amount of the spicier content removed is the post-release changes to branches and special levels. All that stuff is more fun, imo, but sometimes I just want a single path from start to finish and this scratches that itch. I waste less time planning a route and i have an extra inventory slot for grenades and phase kits that might have been spent on keycards.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I do the main path for the first moon a lot more now that the docking bay always has one of three hats which are all pretty good.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot to mention some default behavior.

If you hold down the movement key, you will do a “safe run”. It will stop you as soon as an enemy comes into view. This means it is often safer than taking each step individually.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Slower, though! Tapping they key rapidly moves faster but WILL get you torn apart if there are enemies round and you're slow to react. So only tap if you know youvd cleared the level and are just hoovering up worthwhile loot.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

IthilionTheBrave posted:

Slower, though! Tapping they key rapidly moves faster but WILL get you torn apart if there are enemies round and you're slow to react. So only tap if you know youvd cleared the level and are just hoovering up worthwhile loot.

That speed is customizable!

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
That must be a new option, maybe? I'll readily admit it's been a long time since I've played. My computer died months ago and I've been slowly saving up to try and replace the parts I think are borked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
There have been quite a few QoL improvements in the game but the one I am missing most is a big, Fullscreen popup asking if you're really, totally, absolutely sure you want to get on that blue elevator or if you maybe stepped on that tile by accident and would prefer to take the pink/purple lift to the branch's end instead.