Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Being a huge Doom fan and after watching Mr. Icarus stream this I'd say it's right up my alley, except for the fact that I suck so much at Roguelikes that I've pretty much given up on every one I've brought. On the scale of "I almost had it that time, I want to try again" to "Banging my head against the wall" what's the difficulty on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I see this is on sale, but every Roguelike I've ever played I eventually get frustrated at losing all the time and drop them. Doesn't matter which genre or type.

Also I was wondering why it's being bundled on Steam with Postal: Brain Damaged until my brother pointed out that it's the same devs. Quite a departure.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I picked this up on sale and I'm slowly improving (I got to Europa for the first time after like 9 or 10 attempts), but one of the complaints I have is that the game tends to throw way too much at you all at once. My biggest cause of death thus far has been getting whittled down by a ridiculous conga line of enemies while I either try to fall back or, if I'm caught in an open space, try to stand my ground. This is honestly my last attempts at Roguelikes because every other one I've played, from a large range of genres and subgenres, I wind up getting frustrated when the game inevitably decides it's time for me to die. I mean I'm digging this so far and I hope I can stick with it.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Tendales posted:

One thing that IS in the instructions but you probably missed anyway because everyone does is that if you use a multitool from inventory, it will repair your armor.

. . . Seriously? I kinda glossed over that.

Thanks for the advice. Things make more sense now. I've been sticking to the "main" path as much as possible until I get more experience. Pretty much because I learned the hard way that deviating earns me a face-caving.