Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

mission accomplished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3989427
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWKY9_1WdWg

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

youve chosen war, with what some call the zhuge liang of posting. big mistake

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
A second thread has hit the fourms.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

homeless snail posted:

the vtuber thread is real, and it is here. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3989419
your move julias.

But to actually respond to this, I was considering letting a v-tuber thread stick around, but it would have been contingent on homeless snail ik'ing the thread himself, and he had been ignoring my attempts to contact him yesterday about it.

Those threads were NOT off to a good start. I think we can have a v-tuber thread in the future, but it's not going to be whatever homeless snail was making, and I personally think that there should be a little more time to let the forums take a rest from them. If it does come back at some point, it's going to be a lot more heavily regulated.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you've been ignoring me loudly saying I was going to do this for two months. this train can no longer be stopped, the vtuber threads will continue until our demands are met

homeless snail fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jan 1, 2022

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

im a vtuber watcher, you will regret gassing our threads.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

homeless snail posted:

you've been ignoring me loudly saying I was going to do this for two months. this train can no longer be stopped, the vtuber threads will continue our demands are met

I'll be honest I didn't know if it was going to be a gag or sincere. I didn't feel the need to tap the rules to point out "v-tuber threads are not allowed" because you are all adults who can read and have been here a while. And like I said in the previous post, I was amicable to the idea of a new thread if I thought the thread was good. Those threads were not good.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

huh, looks like you've got a problem on your hands then

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the thread had like ten posts in it and none of them were truly bad, as opposed to many, many, many, many unmoderated posts from the previous threads that were literally people going in there to stir poo poo

what is the amount of time, julias? the people who boiled their piss over it aren't in the habit of NOT boiling their piss over things

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ok glad we just get to have the chat thread continue existing, as the unofficial vtuber thread, where people dump vtuber posts constantly, because i guess the problem is having a thread calling itself the vtuber thread specifically

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I thought the "going to make a thread" thing was a bit tbh

vvv :same:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 1, 2022

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'll be honest. I don't care anymore if vtuber people post like sex freaks and get ADTRW deleted. I just want to never have to see their posts again in the places I read.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Everything Burrito posted:

I thought the "going to make a thread" thing was a bit tbh

I'm pretty sure it still is. Snail ate a probe for taking their bit to the logical conclusion.

Edit: \/ really, that. Nobody has been creepy about it in the chat thread that I've noticed but it really should be a thread or nothing.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 1, 2022

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Seems like there should either be a thread or vtuber chat is banned completely and I don't really care which at this point.

Don't really see the point of 'you can talk about them random threads but not have an actual place to talk about them'.

Well unless the point is just to not attract the attention of QCS posters I guess.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

a hard ban would be more coherent, esp since afaik most people just talk about them elsewhere now and all that's here is a few people intentionally or obliviously needling the regulars into getting mad about the content of the barely-active chat thread yet again

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the drive-by posts are bad

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

I'll be honest. I don't care anymore if vtuber people post like sex freaks and get ADTRW deleted. I just want to never have to see their posts again in the places I read.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Tales of Woe posted:

the drive-by posts are bad

It's very telling that no one replies to them. Nobody wants that here.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Over the last few months, people have been having the exact same conversations here they would be having in the vtuber thread: we've seen clip-sharing, news-sharing, and extended discussion, all on a weekly (sometimes daily) basis. I'm not sure what a dedicated thread would change aside from increasing the volume of discussion and moving it somewhere where it won't annoy people who aren't interested. Admittedly, the former would increase the moderation load, so I don't blame Julias for making the thread's existence contingent on someone being willing to IK it. But the current situation is annoying for everyone.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

As long as I'm not in charge of it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the people that come in and insist on dropping links to clips without context are mostly the people that were the worst vtuber thread posters

it was a really small amount of people in the thread that posted real bad with most of the worst of it either coming from people running in to stir poo poo and then people naively falling for blatant baits

there was nothing actually wrong with snail's thread(s) other than an op that didnt go on for pages explaining the concept of a vtuber

a hard ban is insane. it is nonsense to declare that a certain type of streamer can't be talked about at all just because they do it through moving anime heads and a narrow band of people can't just be loving normal about it. just threadban those people

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
Vtubers and the chat thread are like cheescake and sausage gravy, they're great but probably shouldn't be mixed. Also a hard ban on Vtuber talk seems like overkill.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
The following people are to be released from their captors. In Northern Ireland, the seven members of the New Peko Front. In Canada, the five imprisoned leaders of Liberte de Korone. In Sri Lanka, the nine members of the Aqua Dawn Movement.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Happy new year may all your Google searches be SFW unless you've got private browsing on.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Stink Billyums posted:

The following people are to be released from their captors. In Northern Ireland, the seven members of the New Peko Front. In Canada, the five imprisoned leaders of Liberte de Korone. In Sri Lanka, the nine members of the Aqua Dawn Movement.

Read that in his voice, RIP

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Stink Billyums posted:

"The Aqua Dawn"? :confused:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
keep vtuber threads banned because it's very funny seeing people continually angry about vtubers being posted here

but also maybe probate/ban the people who get way too parasocial about it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I read about them in NewType magazine.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Ardeem posted:

Happy New Year Snail, time to build that honey trap.

I was honestly expecting everyone who posted in that thread who wasn’t Snail to eat a ban.
(And for it to last long enough to turn weird)

Ahh well. Next time.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

DoubleDonut posted:

keep vtuber threads banned because it's very funny seeing people continually angry about vtubers being posted here

yeah this but the absolute opposite

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
new vtuber thread but it has an IK that institutes a reign of terror, causing everyone to double check that the content they post couldn't possibly be construed as horny, lest they be unable to post about Pomu for several hours (the most horrible punishment)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

But doctor, I AM Pomu!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I like vtubers, but I don’t like the contingent of posters who have made vtubers into their entire personality and can’t shut the gently caress up about vtubers

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

As just a casual observer, I think it's neat how Vtuber threads have a 'shoot on sight' bounty attached to them. It says a lot about how much better SA has gotten or how much people love to poo poo on things, because I always assumed GBS and D&D were the real hives of scum and villainy but no, it turns out it the Vtuber threads are the worst things to happen on here since Helldumping stopped.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

If I could, I would eliminate all vtubing posts from the chat thread

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't think any vtuber thread posters killed anyone or shot someone's toe off and gloated about it so they're by default better than d&d

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
snail did nothing wrong

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I am but a humble poster but it seems obvious to me that if vtubers attract weird and creepy posts but are themselves just streamers with anime stylings, the solution is to allow a thread and then ban anyone who posts in a creepy way in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

but what if five qcs regulars have something to say about it