Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
looks like it’s time for my yearly “march comes in like a lion” reread slash tear duct cleansing ritual slash being mad it doesn’t have an official translation experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Oh gently caress seriously? Owns

Not that there’s anything wrong with the fan translations— they’re good and I’m grateful— but I want this series in paperback

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I don’t know about Kaiji but I definitely cried at the end of Ten.

Best arc I’ve read in manga!

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

now we just need the folks on this forum who translated most of the touhou srw games to get hired out of nowhere for an official English translation I can play on my switch

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

fondly remember reading last stand of the tin can sailors, googling the names of ships involved in the battle, and getting kancolle results

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

fanfiction frequently puts characters they ship in extreme situations in order to provide a scenario where strong emotions can be shown

e: I mean so does regular fiction of course

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

Any idea which LN the Tanya the Evil Movie takes place on? Finished that and I'm considering starting the LN series

I feel like the anime got a weird audience but I’m six volumes deep in the ln and it’s pretty clearly “an airport novel like red storm rising but anime”. It succeeds at being anime airport novel imo, it has weird or problematic parts but so does tom clancy so rip.

I haven’t actually watched the anime so I can’t answer your actual question but the ln is worth reading if “red storm anime” sounds like something you would like. notably the author is clearly not a nazi so don’t worry about that

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Namtab posted:

Just post, we all make fun of each other here.

No one can make fun of me now that I am a professional touhou

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

one of the horse girls has hair similar to Estelle from Trails in the Sky and that confuses me sometimes. That's all I know about the horses except for the one that kicks you in the face

so they seem pretty good overall from that

I wish someone would translate the trails in the sky manga. I would claim to intend to donate significant amounts of money to this endeavor despite never having given any money to the kirei cake person who claims to have a sick parent

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Heran Bago posted:

I recently saw Neon Genesis for the first time. The series with minor additions and End of movie as on Netflix.

Now I'm ready to read some articles or watch YouTube videos disecting and explaining the last 2 episodes + movie. Or anything really that I should see. Please recommend.

I also think reading criticism and analysis of fictional works I liked is good and rewarding, and am not sure why people made fun of this opinion

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I have avatars disabled :evilbuddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I am but a humble poster but it seems obvious to me that if vtubers attract weird and creepy posts but are themselves just streamers with anime stylings, the solution is to allow a thread and then ban anyone who posts in a creepy way in it