Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

What is it a reference to

one piece, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm going to roll for the characters because I like their designs. I'm just built different.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

this is where not playing the game comes in handy

I do play! I've just been busy!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I used keqing in inazuma so i could get the petals for ayaka easily and it was miserable.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

i have everyone besides the new raccoon girl and albedo.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Aurora posted:

i really hope they address what they're going to do about 5*s soon because genshin can't just be like fgo with regards to how many limiteds there are

Honkai apparently moved characters into a new version of the standard gacha has time went on so that prob will happen here.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

I appreciate how the english is generally very good in that show.

How much did that run you?

idk like 250 or 300 USD. I've played since launch though, so that's over almost a year.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

mycophobia posted:

i dont like that cum was twisty. i guess threadnesday ultimately is to blame

It's a disgrace.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

To be honest it's really hard to watch a lot of RP (not using the name because it's racist as gently caress). It hasn't aged well, and I'm glad slowbeef and Diabetus moved on from it

The tool assisted slow run mario 64 and SMB3 *CENSORED* vids still are great imo.

Two of the best!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm caught up now with the Iruma anime and its still ftw.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

I got good news for you

Its gonna get way better

DoubleDonut posted:

assuming it’s like the manga it will only get more ftw

Good to hear! I really enjoyed s1 and only put off reading the manga cuz I knew S2 was coming. Might switch to the manga after this season ends or maybe just wait for s3, just because I like the voice performances alot.

My only real wish is that Iruma and Ameri actually get together but it seems like that might actually be a reality from the latest episode so I'm hopeful...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Aurora posted:

sell me on iruma pls

It's cute and decently funny and avoids all the cringe shounen ecchi tropes that usually come with the territory. The main and subcast are mostly all good too. Only one I don't like is Camui who basically is the ballhead kid from mha but he also doesn't show up nearly as much which makes it more tolerable.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

i liked iruma because it does the thing where a bunch of demons see him doing weird human stuff and instead of being like "that's a human," they project weird theories about how he must be doing that because he's a demon so much smarter and stronger than anyone else. meanwhile he's panicking over having zero demon abilities to keep up the ruse, while everyone only gets higher expectations of him. ofc they don't hold him to those strictly and instead it just escalates with theories being piled on top of why he would break from their expectations and so on

even in the parts i watched it was obvious he was on the road to getting some legit ability to stand on the same level as demons so i suppose that's where the more typical isekai angle of it comes in. beyond just competing with demons i assume those powers go beyond their strength or are otherwise more useful in some plot situation etc etc. but even with that in mind, i enjoyed the characters and dynamics well enough i could probably tolerate it. Asmodeus as a foppy idiot who is constantly doing mental gymnastics about how awesome his dearest friend Iruma is, Clara as a kinda xD random character who improves over time, Ameri as the typical high-class tsundere but twice Iruma's height so it's a fun visual relationship dynamic, and other dudes like the lovely teacher who hates Iruma, his doting demon grandpa, hot-blooded rival etc.

ya. i agree with all this too. very well put.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

mycophobia posted:

darkseed 2 is hard to watch because the longplayer didnt turn on text so you cant really understand what anybody in the game is saying under the commentators voices

he also does that maze section over and over bc he doesnt see the quick travel button and it pissed me the heck off!!!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Patware posted:

harvester legit traumatized me as a child. i became unreasonably pants-shittingly terrified of ever upsetting a staff member in school because of the baseball bat scene. probably something i should not have been permitted to play

plus camui actually stops being that for the most part

Yeah I noticed he was able to like..Be an actual character during the Walter Park arc. I was happy! Glad it wasn't a one time thing.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I remember trying to play Maple Story when it first came out and I didn't know what I was doing and accidentally didn't distribute my stats correctly so I couldn't become a Thief without leveling up a few more times and I just never touched it again. Missed out on something special I could tell. RIP!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I miss the era of a million lovely f2p mmos.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Somebody, somewhere (don't remember who, sorry) said Raidou spoke in the SMT3 remake, which isn't true. But it got me thinking -- I definitely recall hearing him talk at one point. Then I figured it out: he & Raido had spoken lines in the Soul Hackers 3ds remake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D7ASnaf77M&t=712s

I didn't like Soul Hackers very much but this part was so cool.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Godspeed, goon.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I hesitated and couldn't get the Aubrey shirt when it went on sale. Got the "OMORI?" one instead. Love it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

It's better to live honestly I think. If you live in denial you'll still know the truth and it'll weigh on you every time you think about it. If you start thinkimg from the point of why you found it disappointing and what or why the creators chose to end the show that way you might come to like it. That's happened to me with numerous shows where right after finishing I was underwhelmed but after thinking about it they became my most utmost favorites.

Also the "there is no last episode of x" jokes are always super lame

Epic this.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Respect Canon.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Staying up past my bedtime to watch Toonami Midnight Run and seeing dbz and gundam with BLOOD and SWEARING made me feel like such a badass...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cringamy.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Teacher in-service day tomorrow so I'm going to sit and watch anime at work probably. :cheerdoge:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I bought NMH3 and beat it. Ftw.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I've been consumed by Tears of Themis.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Da Fwiggin Billy Bat!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Deathloop ftw.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The touhous are volcel and or incel. Topic locked.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pretty sure them all being gay isn't Canon either. It's not homophobic to make a bad joke just because it goes against fanon. It's just lame and unfunny.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

them all being gay isnt canon but its homophobic to immediately rush to make a joke about it just because someone dared to mention the possibility of gay shipping in touhou. if someones legitimately into the idea of a girl with their hot male oc or Genji But If He Turned Into a Hot Guy, or like, yuyuko/youmu's dad, whatever, my issue isnt people not caring about the oodles of f/f fanfic, its how anytime lesbianism gets brought up in this thread it turns into the comedy variety hour.

im not saying nobody can make jokes, im saying its weird how often the jokes are 'actually these characters are all loving men' themed

This is the first time I've seen that here but if it's a reoccuring thing and I've just missed it then I agree.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm going to also say that even if you view the entire cast as gay, the meme that no men exist because of it is weird as hell and has worse implications than just saying the girls are gay...No one does that here but it's a fail popular meme imo.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

raging loop ftw

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

start a vtuber thread in the byob chat forum. this thread is for more important things.

mycophobia posted:

thanks to the usps i now physically own Nichijou in bluray format, which gives me an amount of happiness

like this :cheers:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I finished the Mob Psycho 100 manga and also started on the Iruma manga where the anime left off.

Both very good, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm caught up on the Iruma manga now. Ftw.