Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

reupping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

on one hand, they both suck

on the other, kokomi has a good design and lives in heaven. shogun is an npc.

i have a strong sense that shogun is going to be the only reliable enabler for kokomi's bs so that's kind of a problem. paimon should just drip market men on aug 2 and save me from all of this, sara included.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

im not fixing that

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aurora posted:

i honestly cant tell what needs fixing

also why do they both suck. . . . ..

there's lots of stuff you can pick at them for if you have leakbrain but basically it feels like they have issues when it comes to defined roles

shogun obv exists to be a great battery, but being electro means she doesn't fit in many teams due to ruining their desired reactions. main team ideas for her have been replacing fischl with her or pairing with eula. apparently eula can't make it off just shogun though, so you add a cryo battery that is then energy overkill, and shogun's skill will ruin your cryo resonance for free cr%. i don't see any real downside in the fischl replacement idea, but not sure where you're doing that other than taser childe. electro reactions are also still bad, and you sure aren't building shogun with EM to improve that. there's other stuff like just not having a lot of characters with costly bursts that need a battery, but i guess looking at sara and kokomi they can just astroturf use cases for shogun by making characters worse at bursting without significant assistance. or totally change prevalent mechanics like how they soft-nerfed venti with all these enemies you can't CC using anemo.

kokomi is just a weird thing where they know healers need to bring some utility to a team unlike qiqi, but they decided her utility should be dominating the field for 10s as if she was the carry. doesn't seem like a popular tack, and since she's still a healer they did the usual of throttling her energy generation and giving a high-cost burst. she's got split scaling problems (atk skill and hp burst), that inability to crit limiting her builds and even weapon choices, and ICD was left on her skill so it has a really low rate of applying hydro for support uses. idk if people even really made teams for her so that's the big question, and if there is a team where she can do that 10s carry poo poo for enough damage to make things work.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm going to roll for the characters because I like their designs. I'm just built different.

this is where not playing the game comes in handy

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

keqing is good now because yoimiya exists

lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Nyoro posted:

i havent played gensho since hu tao dropped, was inazuma even cool

yeah, but its not over yet so i dunno how good the main story is

sidequests are ftw

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aurora posted:

does this just mean keqing is better than yoimiya and yoimiya poopy

yes

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

we only show the trophy case here

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they should churn the live action one out instead

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

only gay people play brave fencer musashi

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i liked iruma because it does the thing where a bunch of demons see him doing weird human stuff and instead of being like "that's a human," they project weird theories about how he must be doing that because he's a demon so much smarter and stronger than anyone else. meanwhile he's panicking over having zero demon abilities to keep up the ruse, while everyone only gets higher expectations of him. ofc they don't hold him to those strictly and instead it just escalates with theories being piled on top of why he would break from their expectations and so on

even in the parts i watched it was obvious he was on the road to getting some legit ability to stand on the same level as demons so i suppose that's where the more typical isekai angle of it comes in. beyond just competing with demons i assume those powers go beyond their strength or are otherwise more useful in some plot situation etc etc. but even with that in mind, i enjoyed the characters and dynamics well enough i could probably tolerate it. Asmodeus as a foppy idiot who is constantly doing mental gymnastics about how awesome his dearest friend Iruma is, Clara as a kinda xD random character who improves over time, Ameri as the typical high-class tsundere but twice Iruma's height so it's a fun visual relationship dynamic, and other dudes like the lovely teacher who hates Iruma, his doting demon grandpa, hot-blooded rival etc.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

size

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

for starting out as kind of a cringe character, clara does still have one of the best designs, definitely helped by her being the character who constantly turns into a little gremlin for comedic effect

also sometimes she brings a musical into the ep

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm a sicko and use the prime trilogy lps as sleep noise sometimes

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's always like this with the new thread

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

checks out

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

maple being free wasn't really the big thing to me, though that and it probably having low requirements would account for its success. i though it was just cool to have an mmo that was a 2d platformer

my main conception and experience of mmos prior to that was stuff with clicking and autoattacking and having rotations restricted by CDs etc. i've since found some charm in that style with like ffxiv, but for a long time i just hated that so much and only wanted/enjoyed mmos that were closer to action games with direct and constant control of the character

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the medabuts dub has brain melting editing

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also they're right and don't need to be convinced otherwise

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

The one defense I will offer is that Again loving owns

oh yeah, both versions have tons of great music.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

we will say they suck

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i feel like the unsaid part of it all is there's usually little to no problem with the smaller ones, but i don't have the time or desire to sift for that and often feel like i'm less interested in a channel's overall output vs specific topics covered by individual videos (thus it feels weird to subscribe)

like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVkYediuSuw

i hate the ghost stories meme so having a video try to contextualize (and reinforce my dislike lol) it, was interesting to me. i think this guy had another big video or two in the past and i did sub but have not really explored other videos. my youtube time is all yugioh progression/sealed stuff, genshin, and stream vods

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Erg posted:

I’ve confirmed that Joey the anime man exists and I’m going to call him fail for using the name Joey the anime man

at least use Jonouchi, smh

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aurora posted:

is he a patriot for always fighting holmes

he's a patriot because he does crimes in britain, for the sake of britain

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

truly the smallest brain moriarty

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

either is fine as long as they're diet or cherry

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

I found out there is going to be more Konosuba so I have come back. What have I missed the last 8 months?

oddtaxi

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i want to eat the cross pizza-calzone but don't live near a caesar's :pensive:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aurora posted:

what the gently caress

did you not see the meme edit of this as mash's shield lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i saw a pic of a real one on twitter and it looked good (i would pay for and eat it)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Space Flower posted:

mash needs to read the front towards enemy label on her pizza shield i think

she needs the pepperoni in arm's reach to keep up energy

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Brutal Garcon posted:

I'm not sure I would buy all these pizzas, but I would eat them.

I can't tell if this guy's doing a bit, or has just never heard "calzone" spoken out loud before.

calzoney is the name of it #brands

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

mashed potato and gravy burger would work amazingly

though at that point just take away the bread since it's a Hamburg steak. or do croquettes as the bun instead

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

get your genshin impact content sponsored by raid shadow legends

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i love this

https://twitter.com/bptr_0132_/status/1431079192502751232?s=20

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there's something just unhinged about toy anime aesthetic

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my condolences for your body in approx 18 hours

i'm hoping today is the last day i feel crappy from it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i had the fever and soreness hit overnight and send me tossing and turning for hours, and then headache and soreness (even sitting upright in a chair sucked) the full day after