Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

One day I'll get back to Jojo's. I started watching Phantom Blood a few years ago when I was in university and still wasn't super into anime. Got to about the halfway mark and the last thing that happened that I remember was the hamon master guy in the top hat getting split in half but still having a five minute death speech. Not that it was the cause of why I dropped it, it was just the last major event that I remember.

He swims down while underwater and wins a fight doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I also joined because of Let's Play. I think the first thing was ProtonJon playing Kaizo or something and then I found out about Chip Cheezum's Uncharted LPs and slowbeef doing Metroid Prime Let's Plays and getting bodied by a ramp he couldn't discipher as a path to walk on.

I was still in high school and found out about the Baldurdadh off-site for LPs so that owned because that always got through the website filters in the one computer class, even as they cracked down on YouTube and all the flash game sites because no one else knew about that one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shifting to ridiculing the game instead of the LPer was a strong pivot and they had some weird loving games to work with. I'd never heard of any of them aside from Sonic 06 and Clock Tower 2 at least.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

is there any possible way to watch stardust crusaders without the anti-violence censorship

i can watch dead bodies being photographed/examined in great detail on netflix but not watch a jojos guy with a bloody mouth unaltered

Hulu

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, Lancelot looks cool.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

symbolic posted:

coke or pepsi

Mexican Coke because it uses real sugar.

If that's not an option, Pepsi.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Of the options between Pizza Hut, Papa Johns and Dominos, I liked Little Caesars the best. And then I tried Marco's and that became my favorite for now at least.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

More barriers, I demand everyone put on their Sunday best to upload a video to youtube.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aurora posted:

*putting on just a tshirt and boxers* happy Sunday yall

That's the spirit!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Red Minjo posted:

Speaking of pizza chat I happened to look at GBS and see a bad/weird hotdog thread, and one of the early posts stuck with me:

I decided to ask about it on a Discord server where I know there are at least a couple of people from Brazil:

mashed potatoes on a hotdog, what a country.

I wanna try the french fry hotdog.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I did no research and just got the Janssen one because it was a single shot instead of two. My arm was sore for like 3 days afterwards, much worse the next day and it felt like my shoulder was grinding as I moved it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm so loving dumb, I was thinking that I wish there was a simple boring third-person open world game (I say open world but I mean like Zelda and Yakuza are open) that I could play to get into Fate because I'd probably enjoy it. Since Dynasty Warriors probably isn't a good way to tell a story.

But then I remembered Hyrule Warriors was fine and the problem with Gundam and Orochi was that I know barely anything about that franchise or history.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aurora posted:

pity bullied me with a jean c1 dupe 😔

well this basically happened with hu tao too and i spent money to solve that one so here goes

I'm giving you my energy to win future 50/50s like I have been somehow.

I tried to get Raiden Shogun and got Keqing thinking I was guaranteed. And then I got Shogun next 10 pull. However, I did spend 30$ on gacha to afford Klee. Besides the 2700 gems a month deal and the battlepass I usually stay restrained.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aurora posted:

shang chi has awesome fight choreography and is a pretty decent movie

really refreshing to see some good rear end fighting in the mcu

Finally... It's been 6,000 years....

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The VTuber thread lives on, here in the chat thread!

So someone in there brought my attention to YouTube Vanced, is there a way to make sure that any video links people post just open I Vanced that I'm missing or no? And I wish I could refresh the homepage by pulling the screen down, there doesn't seem to be a way beyond closing and reopening it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

homeless snail posted:

you have to disable the built in youtube app iirc, and then vanced will take over

sinky posted:

There's a Default Apps thing somewhere in settings, from there you can tell it which links open in which app.

Ohhhhhh, that's what I was missing. Thanks posters!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm not great with technology, Ironmouse has a talkshow now and that would be great to listen to while I'm at work buuut my job doesn't let you hold onto your phone inside the warehouse. Does anyone know how to turn a youtube video into a wear casts or Player FM link?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I never read or watched the manga so I don't know what it was from but there was something that had a laboriously slow pace for one scene. I want to say it was Kaiji playing Shogi or old maid or something?

Misread that as Green Lantern and I was very confused why they never mentioned the ring's power at all.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I use this to download youtube, twitch, etc videos and it has an option to save them as different filetypes such as MP3 etc. should work well enough for your needs.

Oh right, just wanted to say that this worked perfectly, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Erg posted:

Is this a fighting game intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCCzirvCZTM

Yeah, I could see it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grouchio posted:

The game is five years older than me why would I know about the game besides the bases meme?

A lot of people only know things by the meme of it

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Patware posted:

<extremely anime voice to stay on topic> my wife

Really feels like they squandered Bionic Commando's potential when you look back at it now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Did any of them have things beside cars? Like one girl has a jet ski or someone else has an ATV or gyrocopter.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Internet SNL

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

'Kick her in the knee, she'll fold up like a lawn chair' is going to haunt me for the rest of my life, I swear to god.

https://i.imgur.com/TIV2G11.mp4

I know she's absolutely right though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I also love Sylvando

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh poo poo, we've hit out weekly allotted Vtuber discussion hour!

Someone who speaks Japanese, tell Marine about Chuck Tingle books!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

homeless snail posted:

pretty lax about topics yeah, btw where the vtuber thread

If you have to ask where the vtuber thread is, you can't post in the vtuber thread.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

There have been so many bad attempts lately that I'm starting to become convinced that 2D to 3D is always a mistake now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

3D has always been a mistake.

Droyer posted:

This has always been the case

Y'know what? Yeah I'm fully convinced now!

I heard that the Part 4 JoJo was alright but aside from that, Speed Racer being great and some of the Marvel movies being a rewatchable 7/10 I've got nothing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Motto posted:

the MCU has colors?

e: besides airfields and the surrounding lawn that is

Space is kinda colorful

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I did my best to get folks to go see it but nobody was interested. :(

same with Alita.

Alita and Edge of Tomorrow, are those the only good hollywood live action anime adaptations?

Speed Racer and Detective Pikachu were both enjoyable.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Maybe this is me being old but remember when people got into anime and went “ok what’s good” instead of just watching everything released in the last 3 years

Yeah, now you have to do that again for every genre.

Okay maybe just isekai

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't think I agree with this though I suppose I can understand the mindset.

Everything I've heard about the way it's structured tells me that Wild Arms 3 is absolutely an anime

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGoHzoZ2OI0

I like this one. I like the song and I like how they keep connecting people together with the scene transitions. Third one isn't nearly as good on that front.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 1, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Red Minjo posted:

https://twitter.com/SonicOfficialJP/status/1443893533509701647
Not only did Sonic give Korone that special personalized streamer edition game, she's now also got a birthday greeting. Good for her.

Wonder if Sonic Team has a new game on the way so they can have Sonic and Korone doing the gameplay reveal together. Or if we're going to have to wait for 2025 for another game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Otacon doesn't deseve that! If anything, that should be Huey!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Giving up romcoms is a sensible thing to do. There's a lot more anime out there that frankly have more mature depictions of adult relationships. You're making a good choice!

But if you do that then you're not reading Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I liked Petra and Bernadette because they both have 'Oh bless them, they're trying' energy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Chicken Thumbs posted:

I like Raphael because I am also a dumbass who eats entirely too many meat products.

Angry characters in cartoons are usually the most entertaining, you gotta admit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Raphael is the happiest, chillest guy in three houses, whatchu talking about

Oh my bad, I lost the thread of the conversation and thought we were talking about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.