Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I mean I thought the reason that I posted this thread to begin with was finally feeling mentally well enough to get back on the horse and try to establish good habits after years of an emotionally, physically, and financially abusive relationship but okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I mean I thought the reason that I posted this thread to begin with was finally feeling mentally well enough to get back on the horse and try to establish good habits after years of an emotionally, physically, and financially abusive relationship but okay.

I think people figured that you were in a camper to save money and that you had some idea of what you were doing, which would've made sense; but now it seems clear that wasn't the case. Once again you've put yourself in a position where you've increased your risks when you should be doing the opposite. I don't mean to be mean but if people are sounding a bit frustrated it's because you originally put forward a very optimistic budget with strict assurances you can stick to it, but it's getting more and more obvious that you can't. I feel like I alone have mentioned this numerous times but you are in a very precarious situation, you do not have the ability to absorb sudden unexpected shocks to your finances. If you have any way to reduce your risks, for example by taking a lovely high paying job, by selling expensive assets for sudden debt relief, by moving somewhere where you aren't constantly sinking money fixing poo poo, you should be doing all of them all at once. You simply cannot afford not to.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

qhat posted:

I think people figured that you were in a camper to save money and that you had some idea of what you were doing, which would've made sense; but now it seems clear that wasn't the case.

Well said, it's exactly this.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

qhat posted:

selling expensive assets for sudden debt relief,

They’ll have to take the gun from his cold, dead hands

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web

Inept posted:

They’ll have to take the gun from his cold, dead hands
Two guns, one for each cold dead hand.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

You're coming in on the end of the month and it's been over 2 weeks since your last budget update. How is that tracking? Did you find you had to really tighten the belt in some categories to stay under? Any you had heaps of breathing space? Did you have to juggle any headroom between categories to come out balanced? Will there be any adjustments to categories for next month?

John Cenas Jorts
Dec 21, 2012

moana posted:

Two guns, one for each cold dead hand.

But they can't have the spare car because he's so attached he'll have to be buried in it

John Cenas Jorts fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 29, 2021

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Think back to those thoughts and use them to power you through what people are telling you to do. You're in a precarious spot that could go either way right now.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Hi. It is Oct 1.

You should have gotten two pay checks by now since you started on this thing. So you can do a little less guessing. What’s your budget for the month? Did you keep up with entering costs last month? We’re you able to hit your goals for paying down the debt?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
How are things going? You doing okay?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Hi. It is after Oct 15 so you should have gotten 3 pays since this started. How are thing going? Have you given up on the thread?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

doingitwrong posted:

Hi. It is after Oct 15 so you should have gotten 3 pays since this started. How are thing going? Have you given up on the thread?

It's been nearly a month. I think we all know how it's going.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

They'd better come and give closure at least or they will be probated as per bfc rules about abandoning threads. I'll give them another couple days to respond.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

I was waiting a few more to actually hit the month before I said anything but yeh I was pretty sure we all knew how it ended up going.

Thread title lied, budget died.

e:

moana posted:

They'd better come and give closure at least or they will be probated as per bfc rules about abandoning threads. I'll give them another couple days to respond.
Pls link to this thread in the probe text

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Judging by his post history he got a promotion at his company and is now earning 80k as a cloud engineer, which is a significant improvement despite being a ridiculous lowball offer for that skill set. None the less you are making a good decision taking those pay checks but I would continue looking for another job that pays more. Right you actually have the title and the compensation, which ultimately means you have more leverage with other employers. Also your current company sounds like an idiot hellscape so again also you should be looking for another job.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

qhat posted:

Judging by his post history he got a promotion at his company and is now earning 80k as a cloud engineer, which is a significant improvement despite being a ridiculous lowball offer for that skill set. None the less you are making a good decision taking those pay checks but I would continue looking for another job that pays more. Right you actually have the title and the compensation, which ultimately means you have more leverage with other employers. Also your current company sounds like an idiot hellscape so again also you should be looking for another job.

Maybe they fit right in.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

I'd put money on "forced to abandon improvised camper due to utility issues and currently living at the family failure ranch with his other siblings."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dik Hz posted:

I'd put money on "forced to abandon improvised camper due to utility issues and currently living at the family failure ranch with his other siblings."

Nah I suspect they're just at "Took a higher paying job but is still being irresponsible with income so not paying down the cards". I've been there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Nam Taf posted:

Thread title lied, budget died.
Yep. OP is banned from posting in BFC again.

First rule in stickied rules thread: "If you ask for advice please make sure you are prepared to take that advice."