Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Disclaimer: This entire LP is Grace and I half remembering game mechanics, yelling at each other, and just overall being dogshit at the game. Don't watch this if you're expecting high level play.

Last time we played this, the Lihzard temple was the last goal of the game, there's been uh, an update or two since then. This game's fun

Let's Play Terraria Episode 0 - Don't Watch This Episode
Let's Play Terraria Episode 1 - Apricort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

Disclaimer: This entire LP is Grace and I half remembering game mechanics, yelling at each other, and just overall being dogshit at the game. Don't watch this if you're expecting high level play.

So, a typical Dan and Grace LP then.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Wouldn't have it any other way. Shine on, you gay idiots.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Yaaaaay!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Nicely done you two

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

So happy to see you two are still on your bullshit

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

yesssssssssssssss i haven't watched any yet but i am super here for this

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lol the thread title

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Man, I should catch up on my Dan and Grace backlog they just finished- :aaa:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Ground floor. Terraria can be hilarious, and I'm here for this.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Danaru posted:

So, business as usual then?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

for ore spawn, there are four tiers: copper or tin, lead or iron, silver or tungsten, and gold or platinum. lead is actually better than iron, it gives a little more defense for the armour and a little bit more damage for the weapons/tools. similarly tungsten's better than silver and platinum's better than gold

dan you should try using the shift key to auto-select relevant items - if you're mousing over empty space it defaults to holding a torch, which is also very handy for placing them! that's all i really use it for tbh

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

biosterous posted:

for ore spawn, there are four tiers: copper or tin, lead or iron, silver or tungsten, and gold or platinum. lead is actually better than iron, it gives a little more defense for the armour and a little bit more damage for the weapons/tools. similarly tungsten's better than silver and platinum's better than gold

dan you should try using the shift key to auto-select relevant items - if you're mousing over empty space it defaults to holding a torch, which is also very handy for placing them! that's all i really use it for tbh

I'll try to remember, but we're starting out with like a 12 episode backlog :v:

:siren:New Episode!:siren

Let's Play Terraria Episode 2 - You Can't See poo poo, Dog

I may have played this slightly more than Grace has

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I've watched up to episode 1 so far but I have to comment

How many shooting stars are you getting in a single night? :psyduck:

Seriously it's been a while since I last played (years, actually), but I could only find maybe one or two per night, you found dozens of them. Did something change in the star spawn ratio?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mikl posted:

Seriously it's been a while since I last played (years, actually), but I could only find maybe one or two per night, you found dozens of them. Did something change in the star spawn ratio?

It really feels like it sometimes, I definitely remember having to scrounge for stars before but I end up hitting max mana without noticing this playthrough :shepface:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Terraria Episode 3 - A Game About Putting Down Blocks

Well we figured out walls, things are looking up now

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Mikl posted:

They added a variance up to 50% more each night, and large worlds have higher odds of spawning them already.

It also means that there's probably not a floating island/lake above them, since those would block the stars.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

To use the Wormhole potion, you and Grace need to be on the same Color Team. You set that using the little colored shields to the left of your armor slots when you have your inventory open.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah they upped the star spawn rate at some point, and sometimes theres meteor showers, which multiply the rate by 2-4. and iiirc you can get several stacks in a night with the standard star gathering platform.

Helps also that they reduced the number of stars you need in crafting too.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Neurion posted:

To use the Wormhole potion, you and Grace need to be on the same Color Team. You set that using the little colored shields to the left of your armor slots when you have your inventory open.

We actually do figure this out eventually

Then I forget, but Grace remembers

Let's Play Terraria Episode 4 - Larry

Grace makes a new friend who makes up for how poo poo he is at fighting stuff

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 5 - Sittin' On The Terlet

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
You can hold shift and magical things will happen. I know this is a terrible LP by design where we're supposed to watch you fail miserably and I shouldn't offer advice, but it's genuinely painful to watch.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
As of right now we have 18 episodes recorded and I think I use shift exactly once before deciding I don't like it, so don't hold your breath

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

drat Bitch, You Play Like This?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I'm just over here waiting for someone to join my betting pool on how long it takes you to learn how to dismount minecarts from anywhere on the track. Currently have :10bux: riding on "never".

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 6 - Funyarinpa

Man there's a lot of garbage down here

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 7 - A Billion Jillion

God drat that's a good find to just be laying at the bottom of a tree :shepface:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

That actually was the first episode where you (kind of) insulted me.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Well you got me replaying Stardew Valley, and now you got me wanting to replay Terraria.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 8 - I Fix My Noise Gate At 6m30s

It was like a million degrees humidex outside, I would have died instantly if I turned my AC off

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

"Where am I safe, then?!"
"You're not."

Man, if that isn't a perfect summary of the past year, I don't know what is.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 9 - Climbing Stockings

It's September and it's still super hot. Summer is a garbage season

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Catching up with this and yes of course you'd find the Master Sword without even going looking for it, why not :argh:

Seriously you are so goddamn lucky in this game, everything just sorts of fall into your lap. Not that I mind because it makes for an interesting LP, but still.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mikl posted:

Catching up with this and yes of course you'd find the Master Sword without even going looking for it, why not :argh:

Seriously you are so goddamn lucky in this game, everything just sorts of fall into your lap. Not that I mind because it makes for an interesting LP, but still.

I distinctly remember generating world after world trying to find the magic carpet and never managing to, so I was real surprised to find it so easily. Nobody is better equipped to squander that luck than we are :v:

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I accidentally watched ep 9 before 6, 7 or 8. Now I want to play Terraria again, but I have no mouse so that's gonna have to wait.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Every time Dan sings the crossfire song, I remember one night I couldn't sleep I found a CG render crossfire desktop background on a whim, on some random website's "Look at our portfolio of example works!" section.

Good commercial, good desktop wallpaper.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

The game was nowhere near as exciting as the commercial led me to believe

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Neurion posted:

The game was nowhere near as exciting as the commercial led me to believe

I hated that game, because being the triangle meant you won. It was just way harder to push around than the star! Terrible balance, it was guaranteed to start more fights between kids than the entertainment would prevent.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Caught up. Congrats on killing your first boss of this run, Dan. Though I was convinced you had to kill the Eye before the Eater. Guess I was mistaken.

Also I really want to see you explore hell and kill a demon who drops the Guide Doll above a pool of lava mostly because it will hilarious if/when it happens.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 10 - Buttass

Demonite blows I want the Spicy Rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I remember when I never bothered with potion making and spent hours mining hellstone the hard, dumb idiot way, instead of quaffing a lava-swimming potion and just going for a dive