Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

cat larry: can go through walls, can do a 1.5x damage attack every 6 seconds, summoning multiples (with the bewitching table or potions or w/e) makes the one cat stronger

sphere staff: higher bass damage, less lockon range, summoning multiples gives you several spheres (so it's better for crowds)

blade staff: low base damage but ignores 25 defense, so it's better than the stated damage. attacks incredibly fast and does special iframes to the enemy because otherwise it would be completely poo poo. stuff that increases minion damage or armour penetration is Really Fuckin Good with the blade staff, it is fun to have a swarm of knives floating around your head and blendering everything that comes near

can you tell which one i have used and which ones i just read the wiki about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

dan suicide yourself a thousand times against the daytime Empress of Light until you get the special summon

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

more achievable: do the pumpkin moon event until you hit the 1.5% chance for the summoning item to drop :v:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I don't even know which one that is, Pumpkin Moons become such an insane mess that if you hit wave 15 at the end your inventory is completely full and a hundred more things are in piles outside your base and I just dumped everything in like four chests and only ever came back to it to dig out the sword needed for crafting.

Dan, if you & Grace do want to make a go at getting further in the Pumpkin Moon, get yourself sentries from the Tavernkeep! They don't count toward your summon limit, and they're pretty strong, if limited in range.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
What the Christ is a pumpkin moon

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Put 30 pumpkins, 10 Hallowed Bars, and 5 Ectoplasm together at a hardmode anvil, use the medallion at night, and find out!

It will be... exciting.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

And by exciting I mean hell.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Danaru posted:

What the Christ is a pumpkin moon

There's also a Frost Moon event.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Terraria Episode 88 - Tunes

Shameful confession, we're actually still a couple sessions behind due to me slacking on uploading, so don't expect any weird moon stuff soon

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 89 - John Terraria

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Surprised you haven't done the Dungeon Defenders event again for the propeller cat pet.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

They're never going to switch away from the GOLDEN PANDA

Although yeah, the Eternial Crystal gives some hosed up pets that you'd laugh at for a bit, and some decent actual rewards. The defender medals shop was honestly my key to solo-ing the final boss if you feel like getting back on the Kill Bigger train.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

in case y'all don't know yet: you can only catch quest fish when you have a quest for that fish, and quest fish are the only fish with orange text, so you can just ignore what you catch until you see orange text and then go talk to the lil jerkwad

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

biosterous posted:

in case y'all don't know yet: you can only catch quest fish when you have a quest for that fish, and quest fish are the only fish with orange text, so you can just ignore what you catch until you see orange text and then go talk to the lil jerkwad

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 90 - The Your Body Stuff But On The Outside

I legit thought the fish finder was just one item :negative:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

thank you for reminding me of the demented cartoon movie because now i remember where i got the specific "but i'm bad at that" intonation

that one bit (the guy who is bad at steering) is legit still funny, and i can't remember the rest

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

biosterous posted:

thank you for reminding me of the demented cartoon movie because now i remember where i got the specific "but i'm bad at that" intonation

that one bit (the guy who is bad at steering) is legit still funny, and i can't remember the rest

I know I've definitely done that "hmmm. HMMMMM. Hmmm. Ohhhhhhh" bit in this LP a few times :v: it's aged surprisingly well given what the, uh, Humour, was like during that time period.

I still think the last Arfenhouse and Eight Bitch Fyve hold up mostly

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 91 - Precariously Hanging

Sometimes I worry that I'm TOO smart

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I have to admit, fishing on the surface during a solar eclipse is incredibly brave, the hordes of draculas and reapers won't come between you and a fish.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

alternate water creation methods:

1. do a bunch of googling to see what water generators currently work and then try to figure out people's wiring systems and then troubleshoot it when it doesn't work

2. buy dry rockets from the cyborg, craft them into wet rockets standing in/next to water, shoot wet rockets where you want the water. don't be in the water when you do this or they'll just explode in your face and also not make the water. downside this costs a bunch of money for the rockets but you don't need to think

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

things that effect fishing that are not obvious (that help you catch fewer old shoes)

1. big lake good (300+ water tiles), tiny lake bad. big lake with blocks on the surface counts as tiny lake so leave at least one empty tile above the lake

2. the time of day (6:00 PM – 7:30 PM good and that's the only one i bother to remember)

3. rain and clouds are good

4. moon phase matters (blood moon = good but also you can "catch" monsters and that's the only phase i remember)

5. your hidden luck stat (drink luck potions if you find/make them, touch ladybugs, never kill ladybugs)

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

biosterous posted:

alternate water creation methods:

1. do a bunch of googling to see what water generators currently work and then try to figure out people's wiring systems and then troubleshoot it when it doesn't work

2. buy dry rockets from the cyborg, craft them into wet rockets standing in/next to water, shoot wet rockets where you want the water. don't be in the water when you do this or they'll just explode in your face and also not make the water. downside this costs a bunch of money for the rockets but you don't need to think

There's also a Bottomless Water Bucket item, which just lets you pour forever. Of course, like everything you'd want to make fishing easier, it's a fishing reward and you probably won't see it until after you're basically done caring about fishing.
e: oh, Grace found that.

Oh yeah, and definitely fish at the blood moon. It owns. Especially fishing in the ocean. (There's good drops from the monsters!)

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 30, 2022

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 92 - The Dumbest Human Alive

I am very sorry I figured it out like immediately after I stopped recording

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Amazing. With a special bonus magic mirror rage.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

and this is why you (as in everyone, not specifically dan) should make water rockets imo, imagine: not having to think about wiring, and shooting a bunch of water-explosives out of a rocket launcher

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm considering making other biome lakes in the sky too so I'll keep that in mind, but generally the other biomes are fairly easy to get to.

Let's Play Terraria Episode 93 - Pengfish

There is nothing too stupid for us to argue about

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

It's fun to have a railroad that goes through the sky to different biome lakes, especially if you pop into an Expert world and beat the three mechanical bosses to get the ULTRASPEED MINE CART. Or if you're willing to take the time to wire them, you can make teleporters from one to the next, triggered by floor switches so you can go fast--zap--fast--zap

Or even just one big cloud that has key block types arranged so that different parts of the lake count as different biomes.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

ah, the context for this :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 94 - Gold Chest With The Gold Stuff

Because we haven't plagued Wrong Lagoon enough yet

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I have spent the last SEVENTY. TWO. HOURS. with no power in sub zero temperatures. My switch died on night one and I spent the rest of the weekend finding other usb devices to siphon power from to keep my phone alive. Updates will resume when I finally thaw out and reign myself back in from the brink of turning entirely feral.

Power came back three times. Each time for just over a minute. I am taunted by gods.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Danaru posted:

I have spent the last SEVENTY. TWO. HOURS. with no power in sub zero temperatures. My switch died on night one and I spent the rest of the weekend finding other usb devices to siphon power from to keep my phone alive. Updates will resume when I finally thaw out and reign myself back in from the brink of turning entirely feral.

Power came back three times. Each time for just over a minute. I am taunted by gods.

drat bitch, you live like this?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Glad you're not frozen solid, anyway. (Although I kinda imagine one thawed finger poking out of a block of ice to tap out this post.) I know that big snowstorm that crossed the US reached up in that direction, but hopefully NS gets things cleared and the power company gets its poo poo together soon.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

funniest post i've seen in weeks

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Please be safe from the world taking your love of the cold weather as a dare.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

poo poo dan i hope you get warmth and power asap!

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Yes, please stay alive and intact. God drat, that sucks.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 95 - Big Thinkin'

Okay I have confirmed with myself that I am not dead, and also I have stopped chewing on the walls

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Remember, if walls are delicious it’s probably because the paint was lead. Only chew the gross pasty ones.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

when dan and grace got together, wrestling society x was (maybe) still on tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Joke's on you, Dan! My time is already worthless, you can't waste it!