Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Terraria Episode 96 - Ichorfish

The Crimson containment lake pays off already :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 97 - I Just Really Love Killing Hitler

It's a really upsetting experience to try to rewatch an anime you liked as a 13 year old, only to be reminded that the character you remember being the "cute older girl" is 15. Some series probably just shouldn't be interacted with nearly 20 years later :whitewater: Galaxy Angel was still funny at least

Also yes I apologize this is one of those episodes where I get drunk enough to just stream of conciousness yammer about any stray thought that comes into my head regardless of what order the words come out in. Hope you like incomprehensible dialogue

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Terraria Episode 97 - I Just Really Love Killing Hitler

It's a really upsetting experience to try to rewatch an anime you liked as a 13 year old, only to be reminded that the character you remember being the "cute older girl" is 15. Some series probably just shouldn't be interacted with nearly 20 years later :whitewater: Galaxy Angel was still funny at least

This is the same way I remember Jurassic Park. It is indeed super uncomfortable two and a half decades later.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

very good rambles in this episode i enjoyed it a lot actually

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I have picture-in-picture on my browser so I can split my attention while your videos are on. I have, however, completely lost track of what you and Grace are actually trying to do in game.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Solitair posted:

I have picture-in-picture on my browser so I can split my attention while your videos are on. I have, however, completely lost track of what you and Grace are actually trying to do in game.

Supposedly they are attempting to fish up the requirements for a cell phone or two, and clear all the crimson. While making the usual Dan & Grace level of systematic effort. I have no idea what Grace is doing other than tell Dan to do these things, because we can’t see him most of the time. Probably annihilating another ocean.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
The anticipation for the endgame celestial event makes this all worth it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
ugh poo poo that's right we have to free the cultists and then kill them at some point

I just want the drat cell phone

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Spiderverse is super good. Like, SUPER good. You two should really watch it.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

By the way, since I noticed you have (had? haven't looked in a few sessions) an informational item equipped: you only need to have that stuff in your inventory. So when you get the cell phone, just slap it where the Mirror is on your hot bar and you'll still get all the info.

And from your inventory screen you can turn individual info items on and off by clicking them, in case you just want to, you know, look at the moon instead of having WAXING floating over your screen while you play.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Akratic Method posted:

By the way, since I noticed you have (had? haven't looked in a few sessions) an informational item equipped: you only need to have that stuff in your inventory. So when you get the cell phone, just slap it where the Mirror is on your hot bar and you'll still get all the info.

And from your inventory screen you can turn individual info items on and off by clicking them, in case you just want to, you know, look at the moon instead of having WAXING floating over your screen while you play.

Awesome :toot: I was honestly wondering how the mirror part of the phone would work

Let's Play Terraria Episode 98 - He Gets Ya

I like slashers and all but these guys are REALLY starting to be a nuisance

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Good news for Grace: buy a paint scraper from the painter and you can collect that blue moss (sometimes gives nothing but eventually you'll get it), then put it on any stone or gray bricks you want!

Akratic Method posted:

And from your inventory screen you can turn individual info items on and off by clicking them

To be clear, the "them" is the info feeds on the right of the screen, not the equipped item. Just realized that was ambiguous.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

the orbs are from the Phantasm series which features a tall man and murder orbs

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 99 - William Afton Was Right

My favourite animatronic is Foxy because while everyone else has specific stealth patterns and tactics, Foxy just runs up and loving kills you

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Regarding Cat Larry's Big Gainz: there's armor and stuff that will let you summon more minions. If you find one of those Bewitching Tables you can right click it and for 10 minutes your max minions goes up by one. So Dan can have two little flying saucers, or Grace can have two pirates.

Cat Larry (and future Larry digivolved form Dragon Larry) is too awesome to be multiple, and instead just get more powerful. If you summon Larry at least 4 times he'll get larger, and if you summon him 7 times he'll get Maximum Large (though his stats keep going up until the 9th summon. It's a really bad system honestly, because for summons 2 and 3 it's totally unclear that anything is happening, and up to that point no other summon has ever worked like that.

If/when you do a Pumpkin Moon, use the special wood that drops to make a suit of armor that will suck for being directly in combat but gives you enough extra summons that you can be surrounded by a loving cloud of UFOs or get Maximum Larry. Dan likes to dive the gently caress in but Grace might actually be well served by a summon-heavy armor suit. He can just stay out of trouble on the sidelines and focus on dodging while Maximum Larry or the UFO fleet do furious murders on his behalf.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Double posting to let you and Grace know that somehow, there will be an update coming! Mostly just little balance changes (they're keeping a few new items secret), some buffs to stuff you either haven't seen yet or have already surpassed even with the buff. But, of note to you: Defender Medal prices have gone down so you'll be able to get the fancy stuff from the Tavenkeep with way less grinding that event, and the Bewitching Table that grants you either an extra minion or a boost to Cat Larry now lasts until death!

Also the drop rate for the pirate ship has been raised a lot, which is good since it was previously set to "uh I guess it drops nothing?"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 100 - I Don't Like Anyone

We have been playing this for too long

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The story of Job is basically God going "What if he only loves me for my money?"

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Sometimes (most times) I listen to these episodes in bed so often the last thing I hear at night is Dan and Grace yelling.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 101 - The Larry Experience

Yes I did forget about pylons before I made the long rear end ocean teleporter. Yes I am kinda bitter.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
You must construct additional pylons, clearly.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Terraria Episode 101 - The Larry Experience

Yes I did forget about pylons before I made the long rear end ocean teleporter. Yes I am kinda bitter.
Just comfort yourself with the fact teleporters do not shut down during boss fights and invasions. Or did they change that?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

when i first suggested the pumpkin moon it was 100% to gently caress with you but you've got much better gear now so it might go ok?

e: might need to build a proper arena first idk

biosterous fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 17, 2022

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I just assumed that you did the teleporter because letting those fuckers out of the Punishment Cube simply wasn’t your vision.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 102 -

I forgot to name this episode, this has been a really busy week

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

You got Spooky Wood! If you have somewhere in the 800-1000 range I think the armor that makes plus clicking the Bewtiching Table is enough boost to get Biggest Larry. You should have Grace try it out and then take on the cultist again.

There are infinite waves, but the goal is to hit 15 when drop rates from the bosses max out. There's some good stuff to get! Although honestly spooky wood armor is the prize I think you'll have most fun with.

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 18, 2022

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh sick :toot: We were just talking last night about how to upgrade Larry

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

hell yeah that went pretty well actually :toot:

frost moon is basically pumpkin moon but winter, and iirc stronger enemies?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Danaru posted:

Oh sick :toot: We were just talking last night about how to upgrade Larry

There's only two or three better digi-volved Larrys, though. Two are simple to get (crafted, and right there on a menu, no weird obscure stuff) but require material you won't get until you make some boss progress, and the other is the secret bonus Empress of Light daytime drop. So Spooky Armor Cat Larry will be pretty drat close to Best Larry!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 103 - Dear?

Hey I'm really sick of solar eclipses!

Danaru fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Feb 20, 2022

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Congratulations to Grace on finally escaping America!

How did you two originally meet? Online, or was Dan touring the US and you chanced across each other?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I would like to confirm that I also think of Donald Duck in regards to the shirt but no pants situation.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 104 - Ya Got Flasked

Whoops I was actually watching this episode when I named the last one, so

quote:

Hey I'm really sick of solar eclipses!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I didn't expect Terraria chat today to be Dan talking about biting his toenails to clip them but it's just what happens when you LP a sandbox game, you just run out of stuff to comment on.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Sorry, Dan, even I was smirking at the power of everything below your waist. You set yourself up on that one.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Judge Tesla posted:

I didn't expect Terraria chat today to be Dan talking about biting his toenails to clip them but it's just what happens when you LP a sandbox game, you just run out of stuff to comment on.

EXCUSE you I very specifically talked about how I couldn't do that :mad:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 105 - Orange Text, Got It

Salt season sucks

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

shoutouts to 8m30s when the tax collector just fuckin dives into the lava

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Dude's dick is covered with fungus, it's the only way to be sure you've truly purged it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 106 - Pots Or Not

How the gently caress do you do laundry