Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
a what potion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Obsidian Skin Potion, provides lava immunity for 6 minutes

You're bound to have found some in pots in the underworld

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Terraria Episode 11 - A Lot Of Chuff

Look obsidian isnt one of those things you can ever really have enough of, let me have my fun

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass

Mikl posted:

Caught up. Congrats on killing your first boss of this run, Dan. Though I was convinced you had to kill the Eye before the Eater. Guess I was mistaken.

Also I really want to see you explore hell and kill a demon who drops the Guide Doll above a pool of lava mostly because it will hilarious if/when it happens.

Only half a block off.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
New videos are coming out faster than I can watch them but Terraria is great. Got a lot of fond memories of playing it eight or nine years ago right around the 1.2 update. Now it has too much stuff for my old man brain to handle but someday I'll give it an honest re-visit.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

New videos are coming out faster than I can watch them but Terraria is great. Got a lot of fond memories of playing it eight or nine years ago right around the 1.2 update. Now it has too much stuff for my old man brain to handle but someday I'll give it an honest re-visit.

Unless you think your gamer honor can't stand the thought of it, give the new Journey mode a try.

Even if you do not want to use any weapons and equipment except what you loot or craft, the utility in unlocking duplicating furniture and blocks is huuuuuuge for reducing burn out from asking yourself things like "Wait which chest is the chest that I store spare chests in?" between feeling sassy enough to crank the spawn rates on a blood moon to x10 with a journey mode menu slider.

The main justified drawback of journey mode is that you can't play in "Regular" worlds. Only characters created as "For journey mode" can be used in maps marked as "For journey mode". I'm pretty sure there is no difference in map generation, but you can see why they would ensure "Someone who could unlock making GBS threads out infinite dynamite and meteor blocks" remains separate from classic gameplay worlds.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Journey mode satisfies my itch for collecting things to use later without the drawback of having to actually put all of it in storage and try and remember WHERE I put everything. It's also great for when you wanna get creative and don't want to spend hours collecting lots of rare materials for crafting.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 12 - God Forbid You Wait A Second

The castle is cool! Also a huge pain in the rear end

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

The Shacktus was a good idea and I should definitely drop a bed near the dungeon the next time I go to play some Terraria. Which I think may be soon, it's been a while and this LP is reminding me how much I enjoy it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 13 - Now I Want To Go To Hell

Roughly ten episodes after we maxed out our mana, we're finally getting some cool poo poo to use our mana with :toot:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 14 - Stay Out Of The Goblin Pit

goblins

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Dan and Grace are such great fantasy land neighbors, they even filled in their dead goblin ditch when they were done with it.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Congrats on getting the best Yo-yo available for now.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 15 - I'm Being Careful

I'm eating a burger right now because I'm on my first vacation in years and also Grace is here anyway heres an episode

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The spiders situation may be a win/win for the audience whether you deal with them, or put up with them for the sake of Larry later.

A: The only way I remember to get rid of spiders in an area is controlled demolition to bomb the creepy Spider Zone background walls out of existence. But that will probably go great because EDF has taught me being mad at giant spiders makes you better at recklessly hurling explosives without quite killing yourself.

B: Putting up with spiders in the hell pit (until you find more of them, I guess) because Hard mode spiders drop the materials for what I think (I didn't do much summoning armor stuff) is the easiest to get hard mode Summoning armor? Also I think whips count as summoner weapons or something, I have no idea there.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I actually exclaimed "THANK YOU!" when you decided to just dig through walls and drop water down the shaft instead of carrying it by the bucketful.

Thank you for the episode, and have fun you two. Remember to hydrate :)

Mikl fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Sep 9, 2021

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 16 - Our Inside Lava

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
It's been a long and hard pandemic, but finally, y'all can get your marriage on. Mazzeltov.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Congrats on getting married :) Try not to fall in lava!

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Congratulations on finally tying the knot next week! (or having tied it? Dunno when this was recorded) Does this mean Grace can live in Canada with you now, or just that you can finally tick "married to citizen" on a form in the process?

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 10, 2021

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Congrats on tying the knot! Also the zoologist is part fox not part dog.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 17 - It Wasn't Fun

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Necropimp

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Honestly, I don't know if there could have been a better punchline for this part.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Vonnie posted:

Necropimp

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 18 - Mad Enough To Startle Them

Grace and I are officially married as of today :toot: these were all recorded like two weeks ago though, so I'm bringing up our marriage because I forget what happens in the video

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

Grace and I are officially married as of today :toot: these were all recorded like two weeks ago though, so I'm bringing up our marriage because I forget what happens in the video

You deserve to be happy in life, and I'm glad you two could finally get together :unsmith:

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Congratulations to the both of you! Long lives and much happiness together!

(I didn't finally join just for this, but hell it's a good impetus after years of lurking. Congrats again!)

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Official mazeltov then. You are made for each other, so congrats and may much joy and happiness come from this.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 19 - The Splenda Of Cool

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Danaru posted:

Grace and I are officially married as of today :toot:

gently caress yes!!!!! hooray and congrats

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
In honor of your actual nuptials I've gotten myself the gift of starting this game again. And by "starting again" I mean "making a world for version 1.4 which I didn't already have, but bringing in a character that I spent 5-ish hours playing last year". The early game is so much nicer when you start with a magic mirror and a grappling hook! :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

C-Euro posted:

In honor of your actual nuptials I've gotten myself the gift of starting this game again. And by "starting again" I mean "making a world for version 1.4 which I didn't already have, but bringing in a character that I spent 5-ish hours playing last year". The early game is so much nicer when you start with a magic mirror and a grappling hook! :v:

I dont blame you one bit, frankly if I were to make a new file (which I've been tempted to do on those weeks Grace cant record), I'd give myself a demonite pick too. I wanna go fast

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

well
rip this LP to compression everytime you see the polyhedron

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Rigged Death Trap posted:

well
rip this LP to compression everytime you see the polyhedron

Art cannot exist without sacrifice :lofty:

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

C-Euro posted:

I also started again, but made the decision to play on Master mode in a drunk world because I hate myself.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
What did circlmaster do to you guys?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Solitair posted:

What did circlmaster do to you guys?

Summoned Exodia in Wheel of Fortune.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Danaru posted:

Congrats! Live long and prosper :)

(This two days after the fact :shobon: but I was away on vacation with no internet, sorry for the delay.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Danaru posted:

Congratulations to you both, now Dan, please stop destroying the natural environment to spite Merchants and kill innocent squirrels.