Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

The best part about being married is being able to threaten divorce when your partner makes a bad joke it's a nice escalation to "I'm breaking up with you".

Congrats on the marriage and god help you on the Terraria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Terraria Episode 20 - The Dork Sleep of Reason

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
"You have to do that in hell, but I appreciate the attempt."

Pretty solid quote for the whole LP, really :laugh:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 21 - Why Is It Bad

Last episode for a bit, we actually managed to run out of backlog

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I was wondering when you'd get to this part. Good luck!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

If the new Corruption and the Hallow end up going through anything important it's gonna be super funny.

Also it's so refreshing to see someone play the game without going super metagamey about it. The last time I played with someone else, they went about building arenas for every and each boss fight, which was quite irritating. I just wanted to play the game without getting too in-depth.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 19, 2021

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Absolutely in love with you two getting killed by the Wall of Flesh because you got cornered in a building, then immediately making another attempt at it and dying in the exact same spot :allears:

E: Let's Play! › drat Bitch, You Play Like This? - Let's Play Terraria

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 19, 2021

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mikl posted:

If the new Corruption and the Hallow end up going through anything important it's gonna be super funny.

Also it's so refreshing to see someone play the game without going super metagamey about it. The last time I played with someone else, they went about building arenas for every and each boss fight, which was quite irritating. I just wanted to play the game without getting too in-depth.

Honestly I was a bit worried people wouldnt want to watch it unless it was metagamey, but theres already so many of them and I dont find that fun, so here we are :v:

We'll be recording tonight, so speak up if anybody has a request/suggestion/plea

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Engage in pvp with each other

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Just be your usual ostensibly incompetent but ultimately victorious selves. I caught up to you guys in my my game so I'm interested to see what's next.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i request that you take potions off your hotbar and use the H button on your keyboard to drink health potions, thank you

also summon the plain-rear end eye of cthulu and totally chump it with your current gear, just for fun

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011
Extend the hellshaft to the surface, so that the next time a merchant shows up that isn't selling the panda gear, you can drop them into Hell.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Leylite posted:

Extend the hellshaft to the surface, so that the next time a merchant shows up that isn't selling the panda gear, you can drop them into Hell.

Ha, yes, get the Mechanic and wire a trap door or some block actuators so you can pull the Mr Burns lever.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Let's Play Terraria Episode 22 - There Wolf

And we're back! Give us a bit to remember what we were doing

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I'll be somebody and tell you that the Solidifier makes slime blocks and stuff out of gel. In case you wanna have a horrible glop-themed room. (You probably figure that out well before the end of the session but whatever.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Dan forgot so here's the tweet

https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1437183211696803846

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The Dan and Grace experience of you caring more about interior decorating plans as you kill stuff is probably what most of us signed up for. Speaking of which good news about Orichalcum, you can craft it into garish pink bubblegum blocks. Which is much cooler than slime blocks.

Oh right, Someone not knowing about a massive QoL item because it didn't even exist the last time you played goes past schadenfreude to outright cruelty.

Grab a bunch of jungle spores, dungeon enemy bones, and shadow scales from the eater of worlds you were just murdering, and go to an altar to craft a void bag.

Void bag is another flying piggybank style storage except when it is in your inventory, it sucks items into it automatically if your inventory is full.

Deep spoilers that would probably drive Dan to grind offscreen in preparation if he knew The red panda summon item costs 1 platinum coin. I think about that every time he rushes for the traveling merchant with like, 30 gold tops.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
I can't believe you spent all that time turning the polyhedron into an eye-searing horror and not get Grace's reaction on recording.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Congrats on getting married! So happy for you guys.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 23 - Welcome To The Gay

Have you ever wanted to hear stream of conciousness from dan no you didn't I'm sorry

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Video Solo LP does seem to be a lot harder than it sounds half the time for anyone not trying to do an Informative LP™ , at least those lets you fill a lot of time with trivia.

I steal the brass lamps but I'm too lazy to loot the wires

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Awww Dan, you're nowhere near as bad as you think you are at this. Glad you got a handle on the most important bits.

Also, I have no idea when they added her, but having a Queen in the Gay is just right.

Just Winging It fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 30, 2021

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It's honestly interesting to listen to because you can hear the exact moment my brain starts thinking about other poo poo mid sentence, that's basically my inner monologue all the time. It's fun but it doesnt make for coherent solo commentary :v:

We're recording again tonight, I uh forgot to upload the last episode in the backlog but I'll get it up either before we start recording or tomorrow

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

You should buy the tavernkeep’s eternia crystal and do the defense event. I want to see what that’s like!

Also, you two make adorable newlyweds.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
X-Men, Welcome to DieGay!

Also in my own time replaying this game now, I'm 99% sure that the "clown music" is supposed to signal a mini-event where bugs spawn more frequently, so you can farm them for use in bait. No I have not yet done any fishing in this game.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 24 - I See The Thunderstorm

Sky plate is my favourite stuff asthetically, but floating islands has always been my favourite poo poo in any game

Like yeah obviously I hate Notch the most for being a nazi incel who turned down smoking weed with Snoop Dogg, but never implementing floating islands into infdev and beyond despite saying he would is a close second

...it's not that close a second god drat Notch sucks rear end

Do not get me started on wurm online I will never stop yelling

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Terraria Episode 24 - I See The Thunderstorm

Sky plate is my favourite stuff asthetically, but floating islands has always been my favourite poo poo in any game

Like yeah obviously I hate Notch the most for being a nazi incel who turned down smoking weed with Snoop Dogg, but never implementing floating islands into infdev and beyond despite saying he would is a close second

...it's not that close a second god drat Notch sucks rear end

Do not get me started on wurm online I will never stop yelling

My repeat personal failure deeply sympathizes with Grace smashing into the ground right before the magic mirror animation finishes.

...I entirely forgot there is a straight up "Drop item" button because it seems I disabled that ages ago. I think it I bound to T by default?

You know, right next to the mount button. :shepface: I expect I have a lot of repressed gaming memories of throwing my item trying to activate a sky minecart.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

C-Euro posted:

No I have not yet done any fishing in this game.

Fishing sucks mostly because the Angler quests suck, but fishing can get you some really nice things, like the frog gear you can combine with climbing gear and a flipper for a lot of mobility.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

C-Euro posted:

X-Men, Welcome to DieGay!

Also in my own time replaying this game now, I'm 99% sure that the "clown music" is supposed to signal a mini-event where bugs spawn more frequently, so you can farm them for use in bait. No I have not yet done any fishing in this game.

i think the clown music is the windy day music?

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
clown music is windy day music, yes. during it ladybugs spawn which you can touch to get better drop rates for a while (or accidentally kill one and get worse drop rates for a while)

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

also Dan in case you haven't found out on stuff you're recorded you can press ctrl to toggle the smart cursor (which is what made your pickaxe do the stuff you don't want)

iirc there's also a setting that makes it so you have to hold it down instead of just hitting it to toggle, which you might want because that way it won't get stuck on by accident

also! you should hang out on a floating island until a special thing spawns :evilbuddy:

e: oh i just got to the part where Grace encountered it lol

biosterous fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Oct 2, 2021

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 25 - A Terrible Night

So hey uh, the mechanical bosses are a little more powerful than the early game bosses than I thought

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
As you prepare for your bubblegum pink revenge, you will get your magical purple purse eventually.

Also, that flying polyhedron will be incredibly justified if your lawn gets corrupted.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

imo barrett's privateers would be a better national anthem than our current one

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
The Corruption, Crimson and Hallow can't spread over tunnels that are big enough. I'd advise digging those all around your house and any other biomes you want to protect.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
So the mechanical bosses will continue to spawn at random until you defeat them for the first time, I believe it's an 11% chance per night for one of them to spawn.

That said, Terraria uses a weird priority system with its night events so somethings are a lot more common than others despite having a similar percent chance.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 26 - Golf Man

Why is there golf

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Solitair posted:

The Corruption, Crimson and Hallow can't spread over tunnels that are big enough. I'd advise digging those all around your house and any other biomes you want to protect.

Yeah I think three tiles of empty space is enough to keep these biomes from spreading. At least, that was the case in 1.2.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

C-Euro posted:

Yeah I think three tiles of empty space is enough to keep these biomes from spreading. At least, that was the case in 1.2.

yeah, it's still 3 blocks of open air and/or non-corruptible blocks to stop the spread

surround your base with glass, become a real terrarium (or maybe vivarium?)

also, all the altars Dan smashed each had a 66% chance of converting one stone block in the cavern layer to corruption or hallow, so there are also probably random pockets all over the place now. fun!

biosterous fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

boo-osterous posted:

also, all the altars Dan smashed each had a 66% chance of converting one stone block in the cavern layer to corruption or hallow, so there are also probably random pockets all over the place now. fun!

Please say sike