Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

ZeusCannon posted:

As it should be :hai:

Neither of the Game Fuel flavors are green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

hawowanlawow posted:

redownloaded a few days ago and had a lot of fun, and the UI feels better

Can anyone share their experience of the performance on the Xbox series x on a 4k TV?

I'm playing on Series X on an LG OLED at 120fps, plays flawlessly. Haven't experienced any kind of performance issue.

It's just smooth like baby butter.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Halo Infinite is both a competitive arena shooter and a game where you can fight your way with up to 27 allies through the Hyrule Temple from Smash Brothers Melee. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMnR6JCsBDE

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
scattlepass

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
They added Firefight to this game. It’s pretty fun. Whatever the problems this games campaign had, the basic PVE combat wasn’t the issue. Also helps find a niche for some of the shittier weapons. I forgot how good disruptor is at killing trash

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I kinda think the disruptor is good in PvP but I'm trash. It's great for the 'do your damage, get out, play for assists not for kills' playstyle some of the sweaty youtubers I've watched recommend. When I type that out it sounds really dumb I know.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Disruptor is fantastic in PVP because it's usually easy to find and does double duty as anti-infantry and anti-vehicle.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
the disruptor is good once you realise it's full auto

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hate the KOTH mode but Heroic Firefight's excellent. Game feels great right now

I never played Heroic campaign though and lmao how much tankier you are

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 6, 2023

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Oh also, how do Battle Passes work in this game now. I finished the one for the current event and there’s a switcher tab but it seems like you can’t switch to anything else without paying, even the current season(? Season 5 I mean), unless you pay. Is that for real?

Also, the startup loading for this game is ridiculously long on PC. Individual game loading is very reasonable, but that initial loading screen is a solid 3 minutes. I feel like I’d remember if this had always been a problem. Does this happen for anyone else?

skasion fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 6, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You pay for individual battle passes, they're about 10-12 bucks each I think? The switcher tab will let you switch between the passes you own or if you don't own it it will ask you to pay. It's a way so that you can access all of the seasonal content even if you came to the game later but it's still paid for.

The season passes do have the "free" items as well that all players get but I think you can only access previous season's free items if you already got them when the season aired or if you pay for the season pass and go back.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

seasonal battlepasses are free while they're active and then you have to pay to access them once they're not

the current seasonal battlepass is no longer active because of the new "operation"

basically free events have been replaced by operations which are bigger than the old events and stick around as a permanently accessible battle pass, but they do push the seasonal battle pass out of free mode

there's another operation coming on december 19 which will be active until the end of the season

skasion posted:

Also, the startup loading for this game is ridiculously long on PC. Individual game loading is very reasonable, but that initial loading screen is a solid 3 minutes. I feel like I’d remember if this had always been a problem. Does this happen for anyone else?

this was a bug with a specific nvidia driver, i think it was fixed a couple versions ago so just make sure you're updated

Au Revoir Shosanna fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 7, 2023

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I assume it'll be another "Winter Contingency" event but they should call it "The Cold Protocol" :smugbert:

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

SpartanIvy posted:

"The Cold Protocol" :smugbert:

Love this

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

this was a bug with a specific nvidia driver, i think it was fixed a couple versions ago so just make sure you're updated

Thanks, AMD card but this seems to have done it. Maybe a DX12 support thing or something. The first launch after I updated the driver did even worse, took legit 10 minutes, I went away and made a cup of tea and it was still going…but since that, it’s down to about 30 seconds. I’ll take that

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I don't know what's happened but this game is now almost completely unplayable for me, I keep getting unstable pact loss and massive framerate drops despite never having problems before

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

I have a rare Saturday where I have no plans. I plan on being an adult the first part of the day and take care of domestic things...but this evening I am wanting to grind some games.

Any goons want to team up around 6pm CST to smash some pubbies? I like pretty much all game types, except for Big Team Battle. I just find it too chaotic and I dont really have fun. Then again if we got 12 people, that would be different. I prefer Team Slayer and objective games the most.

Having a mic to call stuff out is a must.

Gamer tag: LimitedEyes

shootforit fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 13, 2024

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao
Just sent you a message, I’m Cool Cola Dad

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Capital Letdown posted:

Just sent you a message, I’m Cool Cola Dad

Cool man! Friended! I hit you up later.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Dang, I would be up but I'm out of town. Another time.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
so it looks like 343 is dropping seasonal updates and moving onto a new game because they hosed this one up so badly

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

That's odd. What I read said they were dropping the old system to do more regular updates. They also literally just showed yet another brand new map for multiplayer and there's still that mountain of content from leaks (which we know is real since some of it has already been released) waiting to be released. They showed off some stuff that will be expanding Forge mode even further as well which is pretty cool imo.

Edit: I really hope their next game goes back to the Halo 4/5 art style though, whenever they get round to it. Infinite is great and all but I prefer the art direction and colorful variation 4 & 5 had.

SUNKOS fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jan 22, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
At the end of the month they're adding the Mark IV Armour Core aka the Best One.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

they're going from a big seasonal update every three months to a smaller more consistent updates every two months so it's not like they're abandoning support

there's a bunch of new maps in the pipeline, plus forge support and dataminers have found new weapons, vehicles and equipment in development too

considering how badly delayed almost every single season was this is probably a good change

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Maybe next time they will finish the game before releasing it. Although I realize that is rare these days.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

A studio is working on a new game?? I am shocked.

Anyways, this is the same thing they did with MCC.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1749839718617841799?t=RXMZNTUEryOc6wTfa8A8GQ&s=19

I watch this and hope for a campaign DLC I know doesn't exist. It's for Season 6 Spirit of Fire bringing the Mark 4 armour.

But the Banished theme is so good.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ALL UNITS

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

local units

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Dropping an entire population cap of ODSTs onto a single Scarab: "All of you may die but it is a sacrifice I am willing to make."

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Halo Wars 2 hasn't had a sale since 2021 and I want to play it coop like I did with the first.

E: I guess neither of them have, it's like MS just forgot they exist.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mordja posted:

Halo Wars 2 hasn't had a sale since 2021 and I want to play it coop like I did with the first.

E: I guess neither of them have, it's like MS just forgot they exist.

They're both on Game Pass if you have it

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
It seems obvious to me that Halo Infinite was supposed to have the Spirit of Fire show up in the campaign at some later point and I weep because it'll never happen with how bungled Halo Infinite's development and launch was.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SpartanIvy posted:

It seems obvious to me that Halo Infinite was supposed to have the Spirit of Fire show up in the campaign at some later point and I weep because it'll never happen with how bungled Halo Infinite's development and launch was.

It was a really obvious set up that they didn't get to lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
At the rate they're going Spirit of Fire will be fighting the Banished on the Ark longer than they were ever adrift in space.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
loving Close Call Master.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Lammasu posted:

loving Close Call Master.

you can get the last shot medal in swat, just empty your clip down to the last bullet and then pop the next person you see

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Such a shame about this game, they've just dropped a new map which is an instant classic with so much going on in it.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ANCHrGG/status/1755136326968504657

Fixed a bug but I don't work at 343 so nobody gets the fix wahoooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Lol, Marty O'Donnell fell into a politics news hole, started yelling at the TV, and decided to run for congress as a republican. Poor guy, hope he recovers soon.

https://kotaku.com/destiny-halo-composer-marty-odonnell-nevada-congress-1851305880

I feel like we never got the full story of him leaving bungie under weird circumstances. Given he's dumb enough to be a republican in 2024, and how cagey everyone was about that situation, I wonder if he did or said something stupid that convinced them to show him the door. Seems like he's done nothing significant since then.