Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

John F Bennett posted:

Or for students of Roman and/or crusader history.

I feel like students of crusader history who are not nazis are likely to run the hell away from cloaking themselves in their aesthetics.

e: To be clear, I'm not saying everyone who likes these for whatever reasons are nazis, it is just that when you have an online shooter with a nazi problem, making a ton of content that would be highly attractive to nazis (and additionally doesn't even make sense in the game's design language or setting), is a really weird and bad decision.

Shiroc fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Shiroc posted:

I feel like students of crusader history who are not nazis are likely to run the hell away from cloaking themselves in their aesthetics.

e: To be clear, I'm not saying everyone who likes these for whatever reasons are nazis, it is just that when you have an online shooter with a nazi problem, making a ton of content that would be highly attractive to nazis (and additionally doesn't even make sense in the game's design language or setting), is a really weird and bad decision.

I think the armors are cool, and I don't think it's good to pre-emptively call people nazis because of their cosmetic choices.

I get the concern, but there comes a point where you're looking for trouble and causing more harm than good. Since we're getting new reporting tools, let's just make sure we're using those effectively.

I'd be happy to even convert this thread into a Halo series megathread and make an entire section on reporting and what to do if that is considered satisfactory.

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

You can put "卐" in your MCC clan tag

You would think they'd have addressed this like, day 1.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Are there teenagers who like Halo?

Maybe not in age but certainly in mentality.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Agoat posted:

I get the concern, but there comes a point where you're looking for trouble and causing more harm than good.

I really don't think you get it at all and how hostile online gaming is to marginalized people already. 343 had no reason to do this, did anyway and it'll impact the community.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Shiroc posted:

I really don't think you get it at all and how hostile online gaming is to marginalized people already. 343 had no reason to do this, did anyway and it'll impact the community.

Yes, the armors are here. Yes, there are going to be times where people are going to be lovely with them. lovely people aren't new to Halo, but looking to label people as nazis over armor choice sure is.

You really aren't being part of any solution.

The idea that I don't get it is an absolute joke considering I literally put together a Halo community specifically because of the toxicity you get from matchmaking. I've spent well over a year crafting a literal "safe space" to learn without having to worry about being treated poorly. If you want to talk concerns and issues I'm here for it, but gently caress off trying to act like I don't know what I'm talking about.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I put my concern and you said I'm full of poo poo so come off it.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Shiroc posted:

I put my concern and you said I'm full of poo poo so come off it.

Honestly, you're right. I was a little defensive and I shouldn't have been. I like the armors and hate the idea of being labeled for enjoying them. I'm sorry I took that out on you.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

You'd think instead of a Legionnaire you'd go with a hoplite or something instead. You know, since they're Spartans.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Yeah but then you couldn't go for the very specific Nazi aesthetic, and as a trans woman I tend to avoid anything with that iconography because even if it's not intentional it's guaranteed to draw those types. Halo is already an aggressive space for anyone who isn't a cishet yt male, so having them put in Third Reich dog whistles makes this a definite miss for me. I already see Nazis with swastikas extremely often, and it's exhausting knowing that they'll do nothing about it.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I loved my Reach Spartan and wish I could be her in Infinite as well and that Halo still looked like this

Boba Pearl posted:

Yeah but then you couldn't go for the very specific Nazi aesthetic, and as a trans woman I tend to avoid anything with that iconography because even if it's not intentional it's guaranteed to draw those types. Halo is already an aggressive space for anyone who isn't a cishet yt male, so having them put in Third Reich dog whistles makes this a definite miss for me. I already see Nazis with swastikas extremely often, and it's exhausting knowing that they'll do nothing about it.

Yeah, this is a better articulation of my thing. Obvious DeusVult1488 in the crusader armor is a Nazi. But even without the obvious signifiers having it is going to be at least a little drag every time wondering if the person is or not and make playing the game a little less fun.

Shiroc fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 1, 2021

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
"Oh just don't think about it" people say, as I try to figure out if the guy in Nazi armor is trying to be friendly or just get poo poo from me to laugh at while flaunting his dog whistle in my face.

e: It's all fun and games until there's a kiwifarms thread with a bunch of stuff from your profile you can only get from being friends (no not identifying information!) And wondering which one of your friends is openly laughing about you behind your back.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
No word on when they'll be showing off the campaign huh?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

OhFunny posted:

No word on when they'll be showing off the campaign huh?

Nothing at this time. They just keep saying "soon".

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shiroc posted:

I loved my Reach Spartan and wish I could be her in Infinite as well and that Halo still looked like this

Yeah, this is a better articulation of my thing. Obvious DeusVult1488 in the crusader armor is a Nazi. But even without the obvious signifiers having it is going to be at least a little drag every time wondering if the person is or not and make playing the game a little less fun.

Infinite's art style is a lot closer to that than 4 and 5's, at least

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Nobody ever complained about wearing Hayabusa in H3 and Haunted in Halo: Reach.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I lost all but one game today with 25-30 points each for me and the party and 0 to 6 kills and 20-25 deaths for the bottom two or three pubbies on my teams

These pubbies finally broke my back :negative:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 2, 2021

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Nobody ever complained about wearing Hayabusa in H3 and Haunted in Halo: Reach.

Ninjas that are tie ins to Ninja Gaiden aren't a white nationalist thing and sometimes a spooky skull is just a spooky skull in a game with established spooky skulls unless its the particular SS skull.

e: I also think Hayabusa looks poo poo but that's not really here nor there since the aesthetic complaint isn't the important part.

Shiroc fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Sep 2, 2021

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It took me way too long to realize the Locus helmet is a gears reference

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

RBA Starblade posted:

I lost all but one game today with 25-30 points each for me and the party and 0 to 6 kills and 20-25 deaths for the bottom two or three pubbies on my teams

These pubbies finally broke my back :negative:

I had a CTF game where a pubbie grabbed the Warthog right at the start and ran over two teammates before dropping out of what I can only assume was embarrassment.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Shiroc posted:

Reach owns and it's customization is the pinnacle of the series.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They should add more customization options to Reach multiplayer besides helmets and robot arms.

But then I'd have to play Reach multiplayer and the maps suck rear end and DMR duels aren't fun.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Honestly, top of my wish list is crosshair resizing.

https://twitter.com/Ag0at/status/1433319785014644737

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

So tried the custom browser and umm

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Custom Game Browser is filled with wacky and modded gametypes. It's too bad because no one wants to play vanilla Halo or play Slayer or CTF on Forge maps.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Custom Game Browser is filled with wacky and modded gametypes. It's too bad because no one wants to play vanilla Halo or play Slayer or CTF on Forge maps.

Sometimes you just want to get those assist/precision challenges done

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's fun piloting the Saber and Seraph in multi even though its not possible to make a map large enough to not crash and die in seconds lmao

e: It'd be nice if MCC's matchmaking included all the maps in the game, btw

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 2, 2021

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Ineffiable posted:

Sometimes you just want to get those assist/precision challenges done

That's literally the only reason why I play CGB. I can knock those challenges out easily playing Snipers in Octagon.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
MCC Season 8 flight is rolling out. Check your Halo Insider for an update

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Been thinking about hosting some of my own at scheduled times.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Matchmaking's nothing but standard modes and a handful of maps. Action Sack is pretty dull and 99% Fiesta. Of course everyone's going for the dumbest poo poo possible in the browser

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I still miss Falconry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCPLLmpy6gw

I got into the MCC season 8 flight! I wonder what to expect

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Tighclops posted:

I got into the MCC season 8 flight! I wonder what to expect

quote:

Season 8 content for Halo 3 and Reach
Icebox (Halo 3 map)
Weapon HUD Offset for all titles
Custom Game Browser for Halo CE and Halo 3
Halo CE improved performance and remastered visuals, classic HUD returns
Halo CE and 3 skins now usable in campaign
Halo ODST firefight settings have more options, comparable to Halo Reach
Steam Account Linking

Both Halo 2s and Halo 4 are not available. Each game is limited to a couple of campaign missions and a selection of multiplayer ones, except for ODST which only has Firefight available.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
I might just be very naive and not know what's going on, but why exactly do people think nazis like dressing like Romans? They're literally thousands of years apart.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Modern Nazis like anything where they convince themselves that civilization is white and European.

https://www.vox.com/2019/11/6/20919221/alt-right-history-greece-rome-donna-zuckerberg
https://www.historians.org/publicat...ol-insurrection

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
I'm flighted and updating now. 36GB on Steam.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Couldn't care less about the singleplayer but stupidly excited for Halo Infinite's multiplayer. It looks incredible and their approach to BTB sounds awesome with the increased playercount and pelicans dropping new vehicles on the map constantly, along with drop pods bringing even more toys down (that gigantic nail gun looks insanely fun). We've seen Slayer which looks excellent but BTB seems like it will really shine since 343 appear to have perfected the sandbox at this point. I just hope that we see some good map variety and regular additions each season. While some people are praising the aesthetic resembling more classic Halo, I am a huge fan of the visual variety with locations that 343 brought to the franchise and hope that is present in Infinite because they can craft some amazing environments.

Also, I don't know why this Nazi crap is being spewed here when that armor is for Halo 3 in the MCC and this is the Infinite thread, but I think it looks awesome and I hope they bring varied designs like that to Halo Infinite in the future. People are capable of enjoying playing space Barbie without being loving Nazis. Also, some of those designs remind me of Destiny armor which is cute after Bungie was taking cues from 343 and it's nice seeing both studios inspire each other. I think I saw a rumor that Bungie were trying to get a Halo weapon into Destiny as an exotic :3:

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

SUNKOS posted:

Also, I don't know why this Nazi crap is being spewed here

gently caress you, this poo poo actually goddamn matters.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Shiroc at the antiquities section at the museum, watching other people peruse the exhibits. "My god...I'm surrounded by CHUDS!"

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Shiroc posted:

gently caress you, this poo poo actually goddamn matters.

It does, but implying people are Nazis for liking non-Nazi cosmetic items in a video game in a thread that isn't even about that game is absurd and toxic. If that is your only contribution and your response is "gently caress you" to anyone who points out how vile it is then I think you should take a break from the internet and get some fresh air rather than being obnoxious to people on a video game forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

It's being talked about in here because this is the only Halo thread, as far as I'm aware. The MCC thread got closed when this one was started.