Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

King Of Coons posted:

Bottom five dynamites

Don’t know if it was bottom five, but the last 2 segments were awful.

Punk talking was the best segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

argh helps shottie, help my dick and balls!!

- Arn Anderson (2021, Colorized)

I KNOW I SAWR IT

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
ARN HAS NARDS!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

Entirely reasonable/middle-of-the-road show that was still an absolute blast to watch. See you all after the interminable wait for Friday!

We were too spoiled last week with a Thursday Dark :negative:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

marcus aurelius is so loving badass. a match between him and cm punk would be so loving epic

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Why'd Black retreat from a jobber?

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

HORSEMAN HAS NARDS!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Strange episod,e but the first hour was super loving fun, and the backhalf was a weird kinda fun

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Pretty much all the Nightmare Family and Factory stuff dragged the show down.

It's almost like this poo poo existed to get no-one except one dude who was already super over over. It's Cody.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Stall_19 posted:

Why'd Black retreat from a jobber?

He used his stored up specials

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlwKXA1Jkco

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I can't say that AEW capitalized on the hype with Punk being on the show. They had a chance to show their best and it felt like a middle of the road show.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I said in the main thread it feels like not much thought when into this episode cause they knew 98% of the viewers are turning in for the CM PUNK TOWN HALL and that main event sure felt like it

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Destroy My Sweater posted:

hotter than a donut
"Hotter than donut grease", which was... certainly a JR thing to say.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

LMAO :yeah:

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
I think that was by no means a bad episode, but it got pretty weird after the wingmen match. I think Lee Johnson could be a good opponent for Black, he ruled against Miro so he's definitely got the chops I think.

IIRC we had similarly weird and kind of off Dynamites back immediately before DoN so they're probably just spinning their wheels as others have mentioned.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

personally i would have booked a really good show to capitalize on the cm punk attention, not two hours of nothing, but what do i know

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

The Last Call posted:

I can't say that AEW capitalized on the hype with Punk being on the show. They had a chance to show their best and it felt like a middle of the road show.

Bottom half of the road isn't being too harsh. Show was enjoyable, but there have been much, much better shows lately.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The last half just felt like the production truck came out of sync with the guys at gorilla position.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Codependent Poster posted:

Pretty much all the Nightmare Family and Factory stuff dragged the show down.

The Codyverse has been pretty weak since the end of Cody's TNT reign, if he wants to go make reality TV they should just kinda write it all off/away and move people on to more interesting poo poo imo

Dustin doesn't wrestle much at all anymore. Lee Johnson needs a couple years in the undercard. QT can't hack his Sammy Vlog character on TV and Solo is negative charisma. I'm really dreading QT vs Tall Paul because Wight looked unsteady just standing at the top of the ramp lol

edit:
Comoroto owns tho

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

I felt the crowd was not the greatest either.

Overall an ok show

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno man, I'm a little annoyed that AEW had this massive rating on Friday and they advertise Punk for Wednesday and they have this chance to build all this momentum for the PPV and that's the show they delivered. Not good!

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

dracula vladdy AF posted:

I think that was by no means a bad episode, but it got pretty weird after the wingmen match. I think Lee Johnson could be a good opponent for Black, he ruled against Miro so he's definitely got the chops I think.

IIRC we had similarly weird and kind of off Dynamites back immediately before DoN so they're probably just spinning their wheels as others have mentioned.

Yeah TBH I marked out a bit because Lee Johnson getting a push is a good thing, but this shouldn't have been the Main Event. Should have been Darby, Mox and Eddie against 2.0 and Garcia as payback for the last couple Dynamites.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Real average show which unfortunately makes it one of the worst compared to average dynamites

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I wonder if there's also a sense of like "gently caress it we know we're gonna have the most viewers at the start so just frontload every episode" and then it just sorta peters out as it goes

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lovely ep on the dynamite scale for sure. fun enough 2 hours but come on you have a big audience and showed them an ep of dark.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They took a chance by doing a bunch of showcases for their young/undercard talent on a show that would get eyes anyway because of CM Punk. Maybe it didn't quite knock it out of the park but it's a good thing they tried and it wasn't a terrible Dynamite.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Promos were all largely good, but like, that's because Black, Jericho, MJF, Mox, Miro, Punk, Dax, Callis, Cage and yes, Lambert are so good you can just give them 2-5 minutes and they'll get the job done.

Matches were much spottier. Lucha Bros/Varsities kinda shows just how good the Bucks are because as good as Fenix and Penta are, they're not as good at covering for guys as green as BPJ and Griff are. Friday's match will probably be lots better.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Those Milwakee jerks are watching AEW Rampage right now.....................

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

MJeff posted:

I dunno man, I'm a little annoyed that AEW had this massive rating on Friday and they advertise Punk for Wednesday and they have this chance to build all this momentum for the PPV and that's the show they delivered. Not good!

Even the lucha bros/blondes tag match wasn't nearly as good as they could be. The second half of the show being Codyverse Dark+Dan Lamberts lazy poo poo was just a bummer

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MJeff posted:

This is the first show in I don’t know how long that has left me disappointed instead of buzzing. What a weird card. It wasn’t helped by matches that could have been better (LB v Blondes) just feeing off.

Jamie Hayter rules though and Red Velvet takes bumps like nobody else in that division.

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

Renaissance Spam posted:

Yeah TBH I marked out a bit because Lee Johnson getting a push is a good thing, but this shouldn't have been the Main Event. Should have been Darby, Mox and Eddie against 2.0 and Garcia as payback for the last couple Dynamites.

Matt Lee just became a father, so he's probably taking a bit of a break.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

yea ok posted:

lovely ep on the dynamite scale for sure. fun enough 2 hours but come on you have a big audience and showed them an ep of dark.

yeah, I had a good time but for how good they usually are at strategizing this felt like a misfire for the audience they brought in with punk

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Miro and Malakai. A hot wife and a crown.

Show was a wiff but lol at QT loosing to Gum.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Drakkel posted:

I wonder if there's also a sense of like "gently caress it we know we're gonna have the most viewers at the start so just frontload every episode" and then it just sorta peters out as it goes

They taping rampage after the show. Probably didn't want to burn crowd out, but this felt more like a Dark YouTube show

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

KungFu Grip posted:

They taping rampage after the show. Probably didn't want to burn crowd out, but this felt more like a Dark YouTube show

Saving all of the good stuff for Friday.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

blunt posted:

Miro and Malakai. A hot wife and a crown.

Show was a wiff but lol at QT loosing to Gum.

THE THIRD GUM NO LESS

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
QT gonna get rolled up by Clem Gum at Full Gear

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Pylons posted:

They took a chance by doing a bunch of showcases for their young/undercard talent on a show that would get eyes anyway because of CM Punk. Maybe it didn't quite knock it out of the park but it's a good thing they tried and it wasn't a terrible Dynamite.

gently caress the undercard, this show was important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Q7kid posted:

Matt Lee just became a father, so he's probably taking a bit of a break.

If you consider this a break

https://twitter.com/MattTheShow/status/1430710136650227718?s=19