Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Orange vs Hardy 67 50.00%
Bros vs Blonds 37 27.61%
Velvet vs Hayter 22 16.42%
Black vs Brock 8 5.97%
Total: 134 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006
Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

I was having a good day. I WAS HAVING A GOOD DAY! I WAS HAVING A GOOD WEDNESDAY, MY DUDE!

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

smarxist posted:

you can have the LBs win the belts and give Death Triangle a little swan song time until Full Gear if we're hell bent on its destruction (because what else will Idolo do if he doesn't achieve his sole objective so far?)

i kinda hate that he came in gunning to break up such a cool loving group though, can he fail at that period. and move on to something else and not look like a big geek?

I expect he'll beat Pac, but still fail to break up Death Triangle. He can win in singles action to advance up the ranks, but lose some tag or trios feud blowoff.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Andrade's run has been underwhelming matches, underwhelming promos, and just in total he needs to have a barn burner with PAC this weekend which should be a sure thing but he managed to not have one with Kenny Omega so... yeah if they want to salvage this investment they need to do something.

Its not like Miro the Gamer because that always had an undercurrent of "this guys slightly unhinged" and he was very protected until he was unleashed, Andrade doesnt have that luxury. Hell Andrade probably needed Zelina to make this work.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

smarxist posted:

you can have the LBs win the belts and give Death Triangle a little swan song time until Full Gear if we're hell bent on its destruction (because what else will Idolo do if he doesn't achieve his sole objective so far?)

i kinda hate that he came in gunning to break up such a cool loving group though, can he fail at that period. and move on to something else and not look like a big geek?

If Andrade beats Pac but the Death Triangle stays together it can be framed as him not understanding there's more important things. Or he can bring out two lucha henchmen and sic them on Penta and Fenix, either or.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he’s had like one match on aew , have faith in tony. should have been doing dark and elevation before a ppv match with pac or something though.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I like Andrade's promos.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

This is a nice arena even if it sucks getting here.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i've enjoyed Andrade fine so far, his character work has been pretty strong whenever he's around. his match with Kenny was really loving good and I expect him and PAC to put on a loving show

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Andrade has some aura, but his matches have just been kinda there and his promos are pretty good in Spanish and really bad in English.

AEW's earned enough cache with me that I'll see where it goes. I'm pretty sure they'll find something for him eventually and if they don't, they just won't push him.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It's page 69 and Wednesday my dudes. Both are nice.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Page number: Nice
Complaining about tiny logos on T-shirts: Not nice.

Seriously, y'all complain when WWE puts the logo on the back too, so I'm not sure how they win. And they ain't not putting the logo on the shirt SOMEWHERE.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Malakai Black is more over and has left a better impression than Andrade despite being in the company a month shorter with less ring and promo time. Like Andrade is fine but fine is far lower than what we know hes capable of and its started to feel less like a slow burn and more theres no spark.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

put them on the tag

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lid posted:

Malakai Black is more over and has left a better impression than Andrade despite being in the company a month shorter with less ring and promo time.

probably because Malakai had had two main event matches with minutes long entrances where he obliterated both guys as opposed to Andrades one match

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lid posted:

Malakai Black is more over and has left a better impression than Andrade despite being in the company a month shorter with less ring and promo time. Like Andrade is fine but fine is far lower than what we know hes capable of and its started to feel less like a slow burn and more theres no spark.

On the one hand Malakai Black's roll out has been perfectly handled and Andrade's definitely hasn't. On the other hand Andrade is like the one guy in AEW who managed to not have a 4 star match with Matt Sydal, so maybe the rollout doesn't matter too much.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

La Sombra is legit one of the best wrestlers on the planet, he’s had 1 bland match in aew. Settle down you dorks.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

its cos Tony made him wear trousers for some reason

have faith

remember how loving lame Miro was for months

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
no

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Quantum of Phallus posted:

probably because Malakai had had two main event matches with minutes long entrances where he obliterated both guys as opposed to Andrades one match

I was going to say "that's kind of the point" but MJeff above put it a lot better.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1433075939060166657

In "wrestling promotion follows local government mandates" news, you'll be refused entry to AEW's New York show if you're unvaccinated.

Welp, definitely looking forward to being able to move up seats from all the unvaxxed people who won't be able to go.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

A talking coyote posted:

La Sombra is legit one of the best wrestlers on the planet, he’s had 1 bland match in aew. Settle down you dorks.

Most people are saying, at worst, "he's been eh so far but I'm not giving up." This is very settled. We are extremely settled.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

A talking coyote posted:

See thats what i was saying too when he came and since then hes had two eh matches on him where both times his opponent looked like they were far better than him. And it wasnt the matches being great or he was having to elevate someone he was in there with Matt Sydal and Kenny Omega. That they weren't out if this world great is kind of astounding. I did start this by saying he needs to have a barn burner with PAC which should be a given but...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Like, I know it's only one match, but Matt Sydal's hit rate in AEW has been absolutely absurd. It's a bit of an eyebrow raiser when you have a match with him and it isn't great.

But I'm pretty sure Miro's first match in AEW had this.

https://twitter.com/keylow316/status/1316752000395161600

So, again. Patience.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

I'm pretty sure Miro's first match in AEW had this.

https://twitter.com/keylow316/status/1316752000395161600

So, again. Patience.

Trust in Tony :hai:

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
The stack of paperwork that Andrade gave PAC is going to play some part in the post-match angle coming out of this, probably that if Andrade wins then PAC has unwittingly agreed that Fenix and Penta contractually have to work for him and we get a couple of months of them being reluctant enforcers - which will be great if they're also tag champs and he takes credit for them getting the gold - before either reforming with PAC or realising they like the tranquilo lifestyle after all.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lid posted:

Andrade's run has been underwhelming matches, underwhelming promos, and just in total he needs to have a barn burner with PAC this weekend which should be a sure thing but he managed to not have one with Kenny Omega so... yeah if they want to salvage this investment they need to do something.

Its not like Miro the Gamer because that always had an undercurrent of "this guys slightly unhinged" and he was very protected until he was unleashed, Andrade doesnt have that luxury. Hell Andrade probably needed Zelina to make this work.

Andrade had a good match with Sydal and then had the amazing promo segment with Death Triangle where at least half of it was untranslated Spanish and everyone in the crowd and watching was completely bought in. He had a great match with Kenny at Triplemania and now he's going to have a great match with PAC. I'd like him to wrestle more because he's very good at it but other than that he's been good in AEW so far, IMO.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
can't stop thinking about Daniel Garcia's scoprion deathlock

ratchets it in like a bear trap snapping shut

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Christian had a good match with Kazarian and then had the amazing promo segment with The Elite where at least half of it was untranslated Canadian and everyone in the crowd and watching was completely bought in. He had a great match with Kenny on Rampage and now he's going to have an even greater match with Kenny. I'd like him to wrestle more because he's very good at it but other than that he's been good in AEW so far, IMO.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

goodnight my friends. Enjoy dynamite tonight :)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

*scrolls up*
cackles

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Will rampage be taped tonight or will it be live?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

Will rampage be taped tonight or will it be live?

Live on Friday.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Pylons posted:

Live on Friday.

With either Dark or Elevation taped as well, I'd assume.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
AEW should have more wrestlers cut promos in their native language and not translate them

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I hope AEW does the "entire week of shows in one city" thing every chance it gets. Easier on the crew plus it makes every city seem important to the company and not just "where we go now."

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Apparently the Max tax has been paid.

The Acclaimed is back

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1433215543792873474?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

shitttttttttt

edit: i mean, it's rad the BR is on the ppv card but sucks about that match :(