Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Jimmeeee posted:

Reposting this for Fart Dumbass and anyone else who's interested. I've now been there for several months and it's still a great job, especially if you're looking for something part-time. If anyone doesn't have DM's just post your email and I can email you the referral link that way.

Also for anyone who had applied previously and didn't get hired, please note that you can reapply after two months if you're still interested.

I have also sent a PM. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
I also sent a pm

Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

Just replied to you all, thanks! And let me know if you have any questions about the application process.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Anyone know how to find jobs for US citizens in New Zealand? Or Ireland? Have a couple trans friends in red states fearing for their safety

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Got fired from my job in a legally suspect way if there's any goon lawyers who can help me out that'd be cool

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Jimmeeee posted:

Reposting this for Fart Dumbass and anyone else who's interested. I've now been there for several months and it's still a great job, especially if you're looking for something part-time. If anyone doesn't have DM's just post your email and I can email you the referral link that way.

Also for anyone who had applied previously and didn't get hired, please note that you can reapply after two months if you're still interested.

PM'd. thank you!

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Jimmeeee posted:

Pm sent thanks!

Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

Replied to both of you!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
We will be hiring 1 or 2 ~*entry level*~ QA positions over the next 8 weeks. Either a basic tech background (B.S. or Bootcamp) or science (B.S.) background is about the only requirement, though I can share a job listing individually via pm. Fully remote supporting, work on stuff that actually means something (drug development and non-profits), and a company culture that lets you actually take vacation instead of grinding you into pulp.

QA positions here aren't gated like they are in a lot of places. We work with a ton of different projects, so the goal is to get you comfortable on all the various environments and set-up processes and then move you into basic EIT duties (selenium, cypress, etc). Typically once you've done that for 6-12 months, we start to transition you into a fully engineering role, as you'll be significantly ahead of any entry or even L1.5-esh we could bring on board. One of the trainers for people who come in these positions will move to fully engineering as soon as the candidates are settled. A note that for scientific candidates the elevator is a bit different, as its unlikely you'll have the background to move into the code mines unless you really want to.

PMing me is best. I don't think interviews will be starting for a couple of weeks, but getting a stack of resumes I can put in front of the CTO early is best.

I've had pretty good luck posting here (we've even hired someone from this very thread!), so will continue to do so :sun:

e: Oh, also, if you have graduate level O-chem and some basic algo knowledge, I'd love to talk with you.

Schnorkles has issued a correction as of 16:34 on Jul 13, 2022

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

We will be hiring 1 or 2 ~*entry level*~ QA positions over the next 8 weeks. Either a basic tech background (B.S. or Bootcamp) or science (B.S.) background is about the only requirement, though I can share a job listing individually via pm. Fully remote supporting, work on stuff that actually means something (drug development and non-profits), and a company culture that lets you actually take vacation instead of grinding you into pulp.

QA positions here aren't gated like they are in a lot of places. We work with a ton of different projects, so the goal is to get you comfortable on all the various environments and set-up processes and then move you into basic EIT duties (selenium, cypress, etc). Typically once you've done that for 6-12 months, we start to transition you into a fully engineering role, as you'll be significantly ahead of any entry or even L1.5-esh we could bring on board. One of the trainers for people who come in these positions will move to fully engineering as soon as the candidates are settled. A note that for scientific candidates the elevator is a bit different, as its unlikely you'll have the background to move into the code mines unless you really want to.

PMing me is best. I don't think interviews will be starting for a couple of weeks, but getting a stack of resumes I can put in front of the CTO early is best.

I've had pretty good luck posting here (we've even hired someone from this very thread!), so will continue to do so :sun:

e: Oh, also, if you have graduate level O-chem and some basic algo knowledge, I'd love to talk with you.

Sent you a PM, thank you!

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

still looking for a job in Chicago. If anyone has any good leads please message me

Melicious
Nov 18, 2005
Ugh, stop licking my hand, you horse's ass!

PawParole posted:

still looking for a job in Chicago. If anyone has any good leads please message me

I don’t know if it’s something you’d be interested in or if the pay would be high enough, but we’re looking for a main office admin assistant, evening administrator, and a care room attendant (as well as a ton of teachers, don’t need to be certified for the arts positions) at the school where I teach if that appeals to you at all. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

https://recruitingbypaycor.com/care...obs%2F&gns=&m=t

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Melicious posted:

I don’t know if it’s something you’d be interested in or if the pay would be high enough, but we’re looking for a main office admin assistant, evening administrator, and a care room attendant (as well as a ton of teachers, don’t need to be certified for the arts positions) at the school where I teach if that appeals to you at all. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

https://recruitingbypaycor.com/care...obs%2F&gns=&m=t

Awesome!

Lando Kardashian
Jul 11, 2007

pissidential

Hey all,

I recently made a career change into Copywriting and Branded Content, I also relocated to Berlin to finish a portfolio program. If anyone is looking for freelance copywriting, brand design, branded content, blog/article posts, etc I can be of assistance. I have a LinkedIn and a portfolio website I can share as well.

Cheers!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
hello people who frequent this thread, I am thinking about how we occasionally get complaints that cspam has too many stickied threads and how it might be nice to have room at the top of the forum to stick fun new threads temporarily. Do you think being stickied is good for this thread? Should it stay at the top of the list or should it surf the waves of poster interest like the rest of the forum?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I already got it bookmarked, go for it lol

(Seriously this thread lends itself to bring bookmarked, and new readers can find it by scrolling down or asking about it elsewhere)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

vyelkin posted:

hello people who frequent this thread, I am thinking about how we occasionally get complaints that cspam has too many stickied threads and how it might be nice to have room at the top of the forum to stick fun new threads temporarily. Do you think being stickied is good for this thread? Should it stay at the top of the list or should it surf the waves of poster interest like the rest of the forum?

Maybe consider condensing the "resource" threads into a stickied index with links and then unsticky Jobs, Organize, and Goonbucks threads?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

Maybe consider condensing the "resource" threads into a stickied index with links and then unsticky Jobs, Organize, and Goonbucks threads?

That's a good idea and we probably will do that. Might even combine a resource index with the rules thread to be as concise as possible. Probably the union organizing and goonbucks threads will remain at the top for maximum visibility, but even unsticking this one, mental health (already unstuck by an IK this morning) and the book scans thread would clear up a lot of the sticky clutter

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I personally have a job because of a fortuitous misclick into this thread so I say the sticky is good.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I personally have a job because of a fortuitous misclick into this thread so I say the sticky is good.

hell, same

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
We're hiring a computational chemist in the pharmaceutical space. We pay pretty well and you don't have to live in the bay area or Boston, so in reality, we pay really well. It's fully remote supporting and we've hired people from THIS VERY THREAD. P.hD + 1-2y (Post-doc is fine depending) or M.S + 5y.

Ping me for info if you're interested. PM is best.

youngweeed
Jun 22, 2022
e: too personal on the internet

youngweeed has issued a correction as of 21:34 on Sep 23, 2022

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

youngweeed posted:

and recently also was a strip club DJ, which paid extremely well but felt kinda wrong for me and I haven’t been asked for another shift since I got blackout drunk there last month (haven’t been drunk since, though I had a few drinks last Friday at a classmates’ band’s show).

Esta es una banderita roja mi amigo.

youngweeed
Jun 22, 2022

youngweeed has issued a correction as of 21:35 on Sep 23, 2022

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Hey y'all, I don't have a specific job to offer, but I just wanted to mention something that might interest some people. I work in the live entertainment industry. I'm union, but this appears to have happened across the board. We lost alot of people to other jobs during Covid, and I'm constantly seeing people scrambling for workers. If you have any sort of background as a carpenter, electrician, welder, handyman, or can even just read a tape measure, there are a lot of companies out there looking for basic and skilled labor. Even if you can't read a tape measure, we often just need extra hands and box pushers. It is one of the greatest and most unstable jobs I've ever worked. I've been Union in Texas for about 10 years, and my personal position is pretty stable, but we have a lot of guys that just pick up weekend work or gig work.

I can't post alot of specifics for reasons, but my PMs are open if there are any questions I can answer. Many of my guys are former restaurant workers, gig workers, fire fighters, oil field guys, whatever. While I will say starting out can be very hit or miss, the gigs you do get, even non union, tend to pay enough that you can still get by when work is slow.

It can be a great career path, or just a stop gap while you find something else.

Ironhead has issued a correction as of 01:53 on Sep 5, 2022

youngweeed
Jun 22, 2022

youngweeed has issued a correction as of 21:35 on Sep 23, 2022

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
If I lived in a foreign country but applied for US remote work using a VPN, would I be caught somehow? Would they even care?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Elea posted:

If I lived in a foreign country but applied for US remote work using a VPN, would I be caught somehow? Would they even care?
most likely yes to both, for tax reasons

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Hey you gotta be an immigrant to steal our jerbs

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Elea posted:

There's some tax documents you'd need to fill out for payroll that would be challenging without any kind of documentation. I'd think a business sketchy enough to not care about that probably isn't looking for remote workers.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Sorry I really wasn't clear, I'm American and even have someone in the states that could open and fill out mail for me. I'm just living out of the country ATM and looking for remote work for a little extra cash. I gotta pretend to be in the US for therapist appointments because my insurance and wondered if something similar applied to looking for menial data entry jobs. Should I just pretend to be living in the US when asked?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
talk to a lawyer.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elea posted:

Sorry I really wasn't clear, I'm American and even have someone in the states that could open and fill out mail for me. I'm just living out of the country ATM and looking for remote work for a little extra cash. I gotta pretend to be in the US for therapist appointments because my insurance and wondered if something similar applied to looking for menial data entry jobs. Should I just pretend to be living in the US when asked?

If you're looking for menial data entry side gig-type work, I would look at companies like Lionbridge that do search engine analysis. They hire in lots of different countries so not being in the US won't matter.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Hi there, I lost my job after a motorcycle accident left me housebound for, well the near future at least. Any tips on work from home jobs in the UK? I've done various data entry and transcription tasks.

Also, in my sparetime I've been self publishing translations of rare books and short stories that weren't in English. Is there a thread in the forums for promoting your wares? I'd hate to turn into one of those "buy my book" guys.

HanzoSchmanzo
Apr 11, 2011

Baka-nin posted:

Hi there, I lost my job after a motorcycle accident left me housebound for, well the near future at least. Any tips on work from home jobs in the UK? I've done various data entry and transcription tasks.

Also, in my sparetime I've been self publishing translations of rare books and short stories that weren't in English. Is there a thread in the forums for promoting your wares? I'd hate to turn into one of those "buy my book" guys.

Having a bit of a situation here. If anyone has leads on positions, or wants to do a solid for a stranger on the internet, I could use some assistance.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
I'm looking for some part time work for a few months so I can pay off some recent medical debts. I currently work full time remotely & ideally would like a WFH side gig during the evenings & weekends. Depending on how labor intensive the part time job is, I could possibly work both jobs at once.

Believe the best shot would be a call center/customer service job. Most of the listings seem sketchy on Indeed though.

I have experience working at call center.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I just quit my job of 10 years in Philadelphia.

I'm not sure what kind of options I have with no degree, but I've got 10 years of retail / customer service experience if that counts for anything. Would be 100% down for remote work / overnight shifts.

Froghammer has issued a correction as of 19:17 on Oct 14, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Froghammer posted:

I just quit my job of 10 years in Philadelphia.

I'm not sure what kind of options I have with no degree, but I've got 10 years of retail / customer service experience if that counts for anything. Would be 100% down for remote work / overnight shifts.

you want to be looking for customer support jobs with software companies

Captain Charisma
Nov 10, 2021
Hey y'all, I'm looking for white-collar work in the NYC area or remotely if anyone's got any leads. No qualms on part-time / full-time / contract, I'm flexible on when the work happens. Background is in QA and call center work but I'm not restricting myself to those fields.

I've got 4+ years in automated and manual software testing, 2 years in dispatch (medical transport and electronic security), 1.5 years in helpdesk for public college A/V infrastructure, a year in data analysis (rusty with SQL, can relearn), and over a decade of informal experience with photoshop and digital audio work. The automated testing was mostly VBScript with a bit of hacked together JS on the side. Familiar with PowerShell, CompTIA A+ certified, certified as an electronic security dispatcher (in AL, can re-cert elsewhere).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Anyone have remote jobs of...
--very entry level SQL jobs
--social media manager/marketing jobs?
--publishing jobs?
Bulk of experience in the last 2.
Looking for a minimum of $50k.

Also are PMPs still good? How does someone leverage one while not yet having a ton of experience in a particular field?