Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

If anyone has any leads on the above, please let me know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Any of this still alive? I have a friend looking for remote work living in Alabama/Georgia

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
bump

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
thread looks dead, but just in case. im up for an absolute dream job in my favorite place on earth- remote greenland. Problem is im up against one other person, and they can't decide. Now, apparantly an 'outside consultant is going to reach out and administer a personality profiling/test' next week' to help them make their minds up.
Yeah, i groaned and rolled my eyes too but you gotta play the game. Anyone ever been through these kind of things and know what the general gist of stuff like this is? maybe even a link to some generics or guides?

I gotta admit im way outta my depth here. I'm ex army , fireservice and healthcare, not really very corporate. The lady im up against is way more 'normal', the whole 'college -> entry level -> middle management' path, and probably knows everything about how to deal with something like this. I could really really use some help getting an edge if anyone has any tips.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3553582

This is the resume and interview thread over in BFC, they can probably point you in a better direction if nothing else.

Goonspeed

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
Anyone got any leads on decent work from home jobs? My company intends to force us to be on cam at all times at some point in the future and I feel uncomfortable at the prospect.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
You gotta tell us your skill set.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

Golden Bee posted:

You gotta tell us your skill set.

oops sorry. I got 5+ years call center experience, customer service, 1 year tech support, enthusiast level pc diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities, 3 years salesforce and data entry and can understand and speak Spanish at an ok level.

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

ChazTurbo posted:

oops sorry. I got 5+ years call center experience, customer service, 1 year tech support, enthusiast level pc diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities, 3 years salesforce and data entry and can understand and speak Spanish at an ok level.

Which state/country will you be working from?

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

Cuddly Tumblemumps posted:

Which state/country will you be working from?

Us, TX

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

15+ years of g2m campaign/sponsorship director for consumer lifestyle brands.

Based in San Diego but can get to LA 2 times a week no problem, or full remote.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

ChazTurbo posted:

Forgot to mention I also have one year of transcription and interview experience.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Anyone good with resumes, particularly doc formatting? I feel like the resume is pretty tight, generally, maybe needs a few minor touches but it's gone through Microsoft Word then Google Docs and things in between so some of the tables/formatting are a bit broken/unwieldy and I'm having a bitch of a time cleaning it up. Any help appreciated, many thanks!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Anyone good with resumes, particularly doc formatting? I feel like the resume is pretty tight, generally, maybe needs a few minor touches but it's gone through Microsoft Word then Google Docs and things in between so some of the tables/formatting are a bit broken/unwieldy and I'm having a bitch of a time cleaning it up. Any help appreciated, many thanks!

I am not a god at this, or perhaps even good, but I will suggest creating an entirely new document so you're starting fresh on formatting and then you can copy and paste the actual text BUT only paste as plain text so you're not fighting lingering formatting and fonts and sizes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.
Dumping my insane resume content into Teal to get it parsed into a readable format (for bots and humans) was a game changer, I am getting 2-3x more callbacks from my resume spamming approach now.

If you can set aside a block of time and pay like $10 for a week of Teal you can overhaul things really hard.