Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

I'm a bit frustrated at the moment, because it seems to me that there's so very very little anime and manga that feature bisexual characters?

I know, demographically speaking, we probably make up the smallest percentage - but it seems if there is a bisexual character in a manga, it's at best a friend of the protagonist or something similar, and they never seem to actually end up with someone.

Not that I in any way, shape or form don't like reading gay, lesbian, transgender, queer, or straight manga - I just wish there was more that included bisexual characters.

there is the genderswap thing that reverses the genderswap and just becomes a gay dudes story later that has the two bi characters who end up together im forgetting the name of

room for two has a side character but they make a deal out of her being kinda slutty so i can imagine people being bothered by that but i like her and she ends up making up one of the main side couples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i mean it does pop up but its often like something that gets mention about the character like once initially. there was just a character in whispering you a love song but she showed up like 2 chapters so didn't felt worth mentioning but it wasn't really a minor thing with her and she was in a relationship. for an on going thing i would argue for Ise-san and Shima-san which had a whole chapter dedicated to the one lady being into a dude but i guess people would call the main relationship subtext even though the author is posting tweets of her gnawing on the lady character when drunk.

i think it pops up way more in like, stuff trying to depict the actual reality of being lgbt then the typical romance thing. also i get the impression i see it more in korean stuff too for whatever reason? like the initial premise of It Would be Great if You Didn't Exist is the two ladies end up dating each other after their discover their lovely boyfriend has been cheating on them with the other and both realizing they find the other hot.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 26, 2021

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
anyway i believe bees is still going to want the old thread closed even when it comes back. i can make an OP for a new one if Julia plans to close this one too, probably be best to have the OP by someone who posted in the thread regularly and I posted way too much so...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

:ninja:EDIT: Actually, I'll respond to this conversation in the new thread once it gets created.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3977589&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post517254982