Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
didn't realize you'd linked the title, did an image search and

ok then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
New thread time for recs!

Kill Switch: Korean romance with lesbians and motorcycles, drama, and occasional nudity!
How to Make a Girl Fall in Love: Fluffy manga about childhood friends slowly falling in love. Midou aspires to be a professional makeup artist and asks his friend, Hiura, to be his test subject. From there, gender questions and romance follow.
Majo no Geboku to Maou no Tsuno or the Witch's Servant and Demon King's Horns: Everything is gay. Everything is gender. It starts as a seemingly standard fantasy story and then delves into the ideas of gender identity, sexual orientation, self, dysphoria, and persecution. The first few chapters are a bit rough though. Also it seems like the group that was translating it disappeared when mangadex went down in March so if you have any leads on more chapters of Witch's Servant, please, tell me.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Apraxin posted:

didn't realize you'd linked the title, did an image search and

ok then
Not that google isn't useless at searches nowadays, but I basically handcropped that with ImageMagicks import command-line utility, so it's no wonder it couldn't find anything.

In case anyone's still wondering, the manhwa it's from is A Joyful Life - and it's a doozy with a lot of gut-punches so far.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

I Am Fowl posted:

Kill Switch: Korean romance with lesbians and motorcycles, drama, and occasional nudity!

using this as an excuse to share this
https://twitter.com/epxmxx/status/1430579580851539970
relationship guidelines creator

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Oh and also read the webtoon Mage & Demon Queen, obviously. Gay as hell, often funny and hey, the protag also has a transwoman competing for her affections (but she only has eyes for the Demon Queen.)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh reposting this one from the last thread in case people missed it during the move.

Ohsawa Yayoi (Hello Melachonic, 2dk) one shot
its really good, puppy woman rights!

ok i already been posting too much here lol, going to distract myself with video games

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

oh reposting this one from the last thread in case people missed it during the move.

ok i already been posting too much here lol, going to distract myself with video games
Yeah, it's extremely powerful.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
New thread, so here's a few finished lesbian mangas that I enjoyed

JK-chan and her male classmate's mom: High school girl falls in love with her best friend's mom. Cute and funny.

Who Decided Blues Have To Be Cool?: A new magical girl who watched way too many magical girl shows growing up has brought some baggage into the job. Not romance focused but a major undercurrent of the plot is how much her magical girl teammate has fallen in love with her, and how she's too in her own head to notice.

Even If It Was Just Once, I Regret It: sometimes nsfw. An unemployed woman gets blackmailed by her younger landlord into sex, landlord regrets it a lot. Significantly more wholesome than the premise/first chapter would have you believe.

And this one is ongoing but I like the polyamorous direction If You Could See Love has been heading in.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
What's some good lesbian/lgbt stuff that's not strictly a romance story? There's a lot of good romance suggestions in here but sometimes (often) I'm in the mood for something less romance focused.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Don't post it often but the latest Virgins Empire chapter is very good: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch237

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

That series really has been going on for an incredibly long time, hasn't it.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

That series really has been going on for an incredibly long time, hasn't it.

yeah it's kinda weird how long it's been going honestly

the first like quarter of it is too horny for my tastes but I enjoy the chapters since it turned more towards interpersonal drama and relationships

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah i think seeing people post about all the relationships nowadays is a stronger sell than just walking into the first chapter and going "ah". the manga club girls ftw

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Karasu Tengu posted:

What's some good lesbian/lgbt stuff that's not strictly a romance story? There's a lot of good romance suggestions in here but sometimes (often) I'm in the mood for something less romance focused.

double house
autobiographical stuff like lesbian experience and honey & honey
not lesbian focus but Yuureitou. very problematic but it's a giallo film in manga form with gender stuff
himegoto juukyuusai no seifuku is also incredibly messy

those later two both need cw on sexual assault, and Yuureitou is honestly a bit lovely with some of its gender stuff.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Karasu Tengu posted:

Shimanami Tasogare isn't really romance focused and Very Good.

E: only side-lesbians but all LGBTQ

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

I should also say that I've been reading Otherside Picnic and it fits my own request perfectly.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Roll Over and Die is a... action/horror thing where the two leads are lesbians. Mostly violence/body horror CWs as far as I remember.
I Favor the Villlainess is a lesbian otome isekai. It's probably too romance-y for your request but I'm obligated to shill for it.
Akanesasu Shoujo.
Murcielago is an action thing about a lesbian serial killer. Lots of violence, don't remember if there's any sexual assault in it but I wouldn't be surprised.
Toji no Miko is less explicit than the rest of these but you'd have to try to not read several of the characters as being in lesbian relationships.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
If we're digging into the edgy yuri LN mines now, The Executioner and Her Way of Life is worth looking at too. A priestess tasked with assassinating isekai heroes so that their cheat abilities don't end up destroying the world meets a girl whose ability makes her unkillable, and has no choice but to keep watch over her until she can find a way to solve this problem. Yuri ensues. It's violent but not as heavy on the horror as Roll Over and Die.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Murcielago is an action thing about a lesbian serial killer. Lots of violence, don't remember if there's any sexual assault in it but I wouldn't be surprised.

100% there is.
I would second the recommendation though, very very messy but its fun if you can handle it. I thought about throwing that one earlier but decided to keep my problematic recs to 2 per post lol.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 29, 2021

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Any recommendations lesbian/lgbt stuff in a fantasy setting? Romance fine but doesn't need to be the main focus.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Argas posted:

Any recommendations lesbian/lgbt stuff in a fantasy setting? Romance fine but doesn't need to be the main focus.

How fantasy does it need to be?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Snooze Cruise posted:

How fantasy does it need to be?

Hmmm, probably starts at not being set in the real world. Magic and stuff is fine but it doesn't absolutely need the more standard injection of fantasy fare.

Argas fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Aug 29, 2021

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Karasu Tengu posted:

I should also say that I've been reading Otherside Picnic and it fits my own request perfectly.

Otherside Picnic is great and the LNs have an official translation quite a cut above the norm.

I do also love how weird the manga monster designs get though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Argas posted:

Hmmm, probably starts at not being set in the real world. Magic and stuff is fine but it doesn't absolutely need the more standard injection of fantasy fare.

Moonlight Garden isn't the best written thing but if you enjoy disguises and mistaken identity + mean ladies its pretty serviceable.
Its smut and the conceit revolves around a historical fantasy lesbian brothel where all the women are "flowers" which they are not allowed to leave so thereissues around consent (which is a point of the story)

Thought about throwing in a rec for Her Shim-Cheong but that is more of an "re-imagined folklore" setting (so set in our world) and is mostly historical though there are fantasy elements.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Aug 29, 2021

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Snooze Cruise posted:

Moonlight Garden isn't the best written thing but if you enjoy disguises and mistaken identity + mean ladies its pretty serviceable.
Its smut and the conceit revolves around a historical fantasy lesbian brothel where all the women are "flowers" which they are not allowed to leave so except issues around consent (which is part of the point of the story)

Thought about throwing in a rec for Her Shim-Cheong but that is more of an "re-imagined folklore" setting (so set in our world) and is mostly historical though there are fantasy elements.

Her Shim-Cheong is one of my faves. I'll check out Moonlight Garden, might also appeal to me.

Stuff more like Her Shim-Cheong wouldn't be bad but some of the subjects in that got pretty heavy though I was hooked enough that I didn't mind it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
There's still an epilogue to come, but Useless Princess has finished up and I enjoyed that quite a bit.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I read through the last thread and saw it wasn't mentioned, but is there anyone here who's read the manga Liar Game and has thoughts on how Fukunaga was portrayed?

For those who haven't, LG is a gambling/thriller seinen about a tournament where people compete to attempt to earn fantastic money payouts (think like Kaiji), or to try and erase any debts accrued from participating in the first place, but one of the main cast is a trans woman (who the author has explicitly stated entered the competition to earn money so she can transition fully). I remember the manga being relatively positive (and the characters are respectful pretty much the whole time), though in an early gamble she uses the fact that she hasn't been able to get her birth certificate changed yet as a way to game the system and that felt a little weird to me at the time, but it's not my call to make on that one

...also some of the fan translations were gross about it but i figure that goes without saying :sigh:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I like her. Fukunaga is cool and a very good vegeta-like character, and having a trans woman in that role rules. I remember the manga sometimes being gross about her but her friends/the main characters never were, and some of that gross was almost certainly from fan translators.

I do wish Liar Game's ending was better, but I imagine those incredibly complex games were very hard to write. And getting cancelled and told to wrap the whole thing up in like 6 chapters didn't help matters.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

this was good!! time to check out ohter stuff from them

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
This is good

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

I finished Bloom Into You, it's good, relatable.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Someone pointed this out to me and it's rather sweet.

https://twitter.com/DfLmanga/status/1421894699271565315

It's written by an autistic cis woman who is bi or pan (she's uncertain) and the comics are screened by her wife before posting.

Unfortunately, they're not married anymore because her partner changed her gender designation; which made the marriage effectively null since two women can't be married in Japan. But they've vowed to stay together, regardless!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I Am Fowl posted:

Someone pointed this out to me and it's rather sweet.

https://twitter.com/DfLmanga/status/1421894699271565315

It's written by an autistic cis woman who is bi or pan (she's uncertain) and the comics are screened by her wife before posting.

Unfortunately, they're not married anymore because her partner changed her gender designation; which made the marriage effectively null since two women can't be married in Japan. But they've vowed to stay together, regardless!
Miki posted about it two posts above yours, but on the other hand it's so damned good that I think everyone needs to read it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
took a glance at that twitter account and this is also good
https://twitter.com/DfLmanga/status/1432057610841333768
https://twitter.com/DfLmanga/status/1432057760644882439

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Sorry for the repost--that comic is just so adorable and relatable!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The ol' switch-a-maroo

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

I Am Fowl posted:

Sorry for the repost--that comic is just so adorable and relatable!

's all good :)

As a minor point: be careful when you browse the Danke twitter (above), it can often be very nsfw. I don't have anything against that, but I don't think an employer would approve.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Always Be Posting Manga By LGBT Creators.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Does anyone here any recommendations for lesbian manga about live-in couples and/or family life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

DelilahFlowers posted:

Does anyone here any recommendations for lesbian manga about live-in couples and/or family life?

Our days under one roof is a really nice autobiographical manga about the author's life with her girlfriend.