Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Snooze Cruise posted:

i finished a reread of school zone. school zone still good.
hosed up that it hasn't updated recently even though the last volume tease a relationship between the one teacher and loser nurse...

h*ck yeah i binged school zone after watching hazel's video on it and it's v. good. it overall falls in the "everybody shares a single braincell" subset of slice-of-life rom+com+dramas which is my favorite category. my favorite idiot is Yokoe because she is truly the Facial Harvard, but I enjoy the dramatic moments too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
"Idiot couple" is such an important tag

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Snooze Cruise posted:

tri-tri-triple postttt
bonus chapter maitsuki, niwatsuki, ooyatsuki!
boy ain't i been spoil lately, also if you haven't been reading maitsuki, niwatsuki, oyatsuki, i have a question for ya, what gives!?!?!

well it's shameless pro-landlord propaganda for one!!

nah i just started reading a bunch of stories with similar premises and got them mixed up because i'm pretty dumb

speaking of dumb, here's a cute one-shot i stumbled into the other day

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Yeah I might actually pick it up this time and find out if they are, indeed, pretty much like that (no spoilers please)

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

VideoWitch posted:

big fan of OLs ( 'omosexual laborers)

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Haven't read all of it, but Kaze-san and the sequel, maybe?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Anyone reading Lass? Only a few chapters out, but it's a pretty good peach-themed meet-cute with a fairly unique visual style. The pacing does kinda hit a slog once the story takes a turn for drama, though.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
It's such a good oneshot. The ones with the "idiot couple" tag usually are. I'm left wondering what accent the delivery lady has originally - I know when the translators give them a southern drawl or something they're usually speaking with a Kansai dialect, but not sure if other regional accents get the same treatment.

This reminds me that the spanish subs for the new Ice Guy And Cool Colleague anime gave the titular ice guy a chilean accent when he gets excited, which just, lol, lmao

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

big happenings at Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Going by the numeral in Mangadex, I'm afraid that School Zone chapter is an extra that had been released before the hiatus announcement, just hadn't been translated yet. I might be wrong, though.

I'm not even sure if Restaurant of the Awkward People counts as yuri since technically it's still ~subtext~, but there's a bunch of new chapters and it seems that now there's at least other characters who can sense the vibes between these dumbasses.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
I'd suggest Umi ga Hashiru End Roll for ace rep, but I'm not sure if it has an English translation, and it's relatively early in the story so the (apparent) ace identity of one of the protagonists hasn't been explored much yet.

Similarly, I'd suggest Skip and Loafer for trans rep, but it's a secondary character (albeit a prominent one), and I'd imagine customers would be looking for protagonists.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

she just like me fr

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

but enough about surveyors,

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Nagata Kabi's work is very good, and she's one of the few autobio authors I've read, but it's kind of a bummer to check the summaries for the rest of her works and notice that drat, things haven't gotten any better for her, huh :smith:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Nihilarian posted:

having specific interests is good

The inexorable passage of time is bad, growing old is bad, feeling old is bad, an anime schoolgirl going "Green Day? who in this school would listen to that old-timey music?" is bad

But seriously, I really enjoy the vibes and the art (particularly the faces) from Guy Wasn't A Guy, but I feel like the author has started to exhaust the plot beats that could be delivered in its very short format (namely cute character moments but not much in the way of plot progression) and now that the story's trying to do a proper arc it's been giving the impression of the pace going glacial because it has to be broken down into 4-6 pages installments.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Does the title of Miss Landlord roughly translate as "Monthly rent, includes garden, includes landlord"?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Teppu's sequence of panels that ends with "I hate them all!!!" just before the last fight is honest to god the gayest poo poo i've ever read. good for them, good for them.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Snooze Cruise posted:

increasing amount of marcille and falin stuff on dynasty. this is truly the start of a new era for dungeon meshi subtexters like myself.

uh-huh. uh-huh. but is it better than this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaPhq2cDlps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
i wonder if Green Lesbians ever got an anime adaptation they'd have to muddle all the music references Jojo style

"Spicy Jalapeņo Poppers??? nobody in our school listens to old-timey music like that!!"