Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Mikl posted:

Help me out here folks, I'm trying to find a manga I read a couple years ago.

It was about a "man" (probably a trans woman, but the manga doesn't make it clear) who's married (I think it was an arranged marriage, but I'm not 100% sure) but also has an apartment besides their family home where they keep a stash of women's clothing and use those to dress up. They end up starting a relationship with an older man (the older man is kind, it's not abusive) and breaking up with their wife, and start dressing full time and living with the older man.

Near the end of the manga they arrange to meet up with their ex-wife, and go to the appointment en femme: the wife takes one look at them and starts laughing while saying "This makes so much sense!"

The manga was short, probably one volume, a handful of chapters or so. Not too long.

I think the author was Fumiko Fumi (of Bokura no Hentai fame) or Takako Shimura (of... several things fame), but for the life of me I cannot find this manga any longer. Does anyone remember this one?

yes! it's by fumiko fumi! josou danshi to menhera oji-san. warnings for like, discussion and attempts of suicide, characters being generally Mentally Unhealthy as is the fumiko fumi way, if anyone's thinking of reading as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
https://twitter.com/KodanshaManga/status/1462479326457122817

absolutely stoked that we'll be getting more yuhki kamatani manga (though it's so weird to see them referred to as the "our dreams at dusk" creator, has everyone forgotten the existence of nabari no ou?)

((maybe i am just salty because my fiancee and i first met on a livejournal community for nabari way back in the oughts and seeing good intersex character representation was (and still is) rare as hell and that series still deserves attention and love, but it's fine. here's hoping their later series also get licensed or even scanlated!!!))

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
also a good choice, looking forward to picking that up as well.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Feliday Melody posted:

This must be part of a greater comic.

according to the tweet thread, there's not a whole lot of it translated-- there are two chapters, but only half of the first got translated.

https://twitter.com/EffieArtoria/status/1502655351342125057?s=20&t=ej2HFfKLsOqoUgEJrnjR7A

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Terry van Feleday posted:

Might as well mention it here, I'm currently translating volume 1 of the 4-koma slice-of-life comedy manga "Matazoro" by Horoda, the first chapter is up on MangaDex.

i enjoy it so far, i'll be keeping up with it! thank you!

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
man, i know it's obvious but every time i see manga bring up the fact that two women in a relationship are usually going to be seen as just friends, no matter how affectionate they are, it does feel pretty bad. i'm tired of store clerks telling me and my partner that we're "best friend goals" and stuff like that, it's cute but we've also been in a relationship for almost a decade so it kind of stings knowing that people just assume that's what's going on.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Nyaawn posted:

Me and my wife get "sisters" :(

definitely gotten that one too, haha. :(

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

I found an interesting book about the history of yuri anime and manga. I’d get it but I’ve got like three nonfiction books I need to read first.

I bought the first two books of Our Dreams at Dusk and ordered the the last two. I’m a bit disappointed that it’s only four volumes—it seems like a series that could go on as long as it likes

If you like Our Dreams at Dusk, I'd sincerely recommend like, anything else that Kamatani has created-- Hiraeth is their most recent work, but even going way back to Nabari no Ou, it's one of the very few manga I can remember/name off the top of my head with a main cast member who's intersex, and although it's about ninjas, it's also just a brilliant series about its characters. Shounen Note has also started its official translation run! Of course, Our Dreams at Dusk is the most LGBT-focused of their series, but I think in all of them there's a lot of heart and also...in a way, the same sort of threads that run through Our Dreams at Dusk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
minecraft just gives me motion sickness