Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Snooze Cruise posted:

We are nearing the end of the series, so I am once again giving a shout out to I Love Amy

Its an odd duck. The series feels weirdly closer to American teen media than the average high school setting yuri. I mean it is literally set in America, but even beyond that this shares more sensibilities with a Heathers or a Pretty Little Liars, than say a Useless Princesses or something.

Anyway its pretty good. Personally its not going to be one of my favorite GLs of all time, but likely will be for many people. Probably the best HS setting yuri since School Zone.

I really enjoyed it, some of the characters are incredibly relatable in different ways and some of the scenes in like, the latest chapter, hit pretty hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

StupidNameNobody posted:

Ooh, I liked this quite a bit. Cute, funny, touching. The lesbian bar scenes have a fun dynamic in particular, and the whole generational difference with coming out is also pretty interesting as well. And that confession! Wowowowww!

Also, yeahhhhh

It might just be me not reading enough stuff (and I need to read more obviously) but I really thought it touching on the generational differences and internal conflicts of people who simply have/want different things in their social and private lives and still managing to make things work together, to some degree, owns. Unlike a lot of series where it would have ended like halfway through the series with the "I can't be who you want me to be" sort of scene and been really depressing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

I'm glad that Risa got the big tiddy mommy GF she deserves

:same:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

That ending was very good, I was expecting it to wrap everything up in a neat little bow; but the way the author explains it in the bonus chapter thing is perfect.

I Am Fowl posted:

That good gay poo poo is at last, complete. I Love Amy is truly great.

It was a real good read.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

StupidNameNobody posted:

Another week, another gay-as-hell romantic read! This is actually my favourite so far and will be difficult to top: 'Ring My Bell' by Yeongol.

This is a romantic comedy with the cutest couple. The two leads Mai and Chungyeon are just so incredibly wonderful to witness. The author is really great - her artwork and writing are awesomely expressive whether it's love or comedy. It's just great fun. I also really like the story structure - their getting together is the midpoint, not the ending. I prefer stories where an admission of love is not the end. I want to see their happiness not just their struggles! The way they act in general is just so heartfelt and loving that it really warms me.

There's some really nice character development too. Chanmi, who starts out being a nasty homophobe, becomes quite lovable in her own right later down the line. I love how her preconceptions and prejudices become painful and wrong to her in the light of the reality she faces in her oldest friend, and how the timing plays out with her and the main couple.

It's a story full of little flourishes that make it so heartwarming and funny. Overall, more than anything, it is simply beautiful. Really left me gushing. :)

I'm enjoying it so far but not being able to read like 80% of it kind of sucks.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

ring my bell is one of my fav manwhas. love my homophobic christian girl side couple 🥺

https://bato.to/series/91317/ring-my-bell-official

Huh, I thought bato.to died. Thanks, though! Having something cute to read after the stressful rear end week I've had is perfect.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

StupidNameNobody posted:

Shiori and Yuki

One-off featuring a woman who gets together with a single mom after a chance encounter with their little daughter. It's very beautiful.

It's real good

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Metis of the Hallway posted:

lol I think I stopped reading it after they got together. why would kase-san do that!

Same, the like college story didn't have the same vibe so I checked out. Sounds like that was the right move.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The art is nice, the character designs are fun and I enjoy the dynamic already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

increasing amount of marcille and falin stuff on dynasty. this is truly the start of a new era for dungeon meshi subtexters like myself.

It barely feels like subtext, and more like it's just hanging out in the text's doorway too polite to knock.