Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
noise? Why are they so loud? Surely they could be made quieter.

Is it because motorcyclists want them to make that much noise all the time and the engines are deliberately designed to be loud, or is it not possible for some reason with the scale? Tiny little bikes are really loud. Really huge bikes are really loud.

It would be very embarrassing if people wanted their bikes to be so noisy if there was an alternative.

I need answers to this important question. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I want a Jetsons hover scooter that makes that "bwoo-doo-doo-doo-doo" sound and little white rings come out of a spike

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 26, 2021

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Scratchmo

Who What Now posted:

I want a Jetsons hover scooter that makes that "bwoo-doo-doo-doo-doo" sound and little white ring come out of a spike

The fact that electric cars don't make that sound is a disgrace

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
yes I would like a big shiny motorcycle so that everybody knows I am a cool guy. also please make it sound like I am continuously ripping the world's loudest fart as I ride it up and down the street. it will be so cool.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
There's a shithead who stops his motorcycle at the mechanics opposite my house, and just lets it idle at 200 decibels.
He seems to have not heard it yet, but on a few occasions when hes turned it off, someone down the street shouts 'SMALL PENIS!'

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

My motorcycle just makes the sound of a woman screaming as I ride it down the highway. Just the highpitched sound of a woman screaming, when it's idling it makes the sound of a man screaming.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Some cyclist will come in here soon and say it's for safety so car drivers will notice them on the road.

I know it's so their ex wife can hear them from beyond the restraining order minimum distance.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

They make baffles that go into the exhaust and make the bike quieter. It's up to the owner of the bike to decide if they get them or not. When I asked my neighbor about buying them for my bike, he implied that I had sex with a different portion of the population than I normally prefer.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Is it because motorcyclists want them to make that much noise all the time and the engines are deliberately designed to be loud, or is it not possible for some reason with the scale? Tiny little bikes are really loud. Really huge bikes are really loud.

It would be very embarrassing if people wanted their bikes to be so noisy if there was an alternative.

I need answers to this important question. Thank you.

One time while driving home from work, a motorcycle drove next to me for part of the way and it didn't make a single sound. I forget what the exact model was but I remember that it was a japanese brand.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day
They say bullshit like "loud pipes save lives" instead of riding defensively.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I've designed a new motorcycle that sounds exactly like someone sucking and slobbing on a dick, just slurping, glurping, gasping and gorping on cock, super moist with no towelette for to mop up the sopping schlopping of cock gobbling.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
This must be some german secret cause I knew a guy with a BMW bike and it was pretty quiet.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Bikers have to ride loud bikes to loudly proclaim how manly they are as a defense mechanism against roaming packs of homosexuals who run around preying on less manly men to take their anal virginity.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Scratchmo

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I've designed a new motorcycle that sounds exactly like someone sucking and slobbing on a dick, just slurping, glurping, gasping and gorping on cock, super moist with no towelette for to mop up the sopping schlopping of cock gobbling.

Is the design finished or do you still need some help on the research

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sleepy Joe demanded I quiet my motorcycle, but I won't and didn't and now I gently caress my motorcycle and my penis is covered in soot.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Hell, with my massive keychain, metal heel boots and labored breathing I can get to 80dB by just walking

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'm not sure I care for "gorping."

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Yaldabaoth posted:

One time while driving home from work, a motorcycle drove next to me for part of the way and it didn't make a single sound. I forget what the exact model was but I remember that it was a japanese brand.

Sounds like it was so loud it made you deaf. Think, have you heard any noises since then?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Look at the big metal dick that's between my legs, vroom vroom! They'll be hosing of my brain matter off the pavement when it comes!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
If they make a completely silent motorbike they can sell you a piece of cardboard that you put between the spokes and it kinda makes a motorcycle sound if you're a 6yo kid

And it costs 600 dollars

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

in 15 years all bikes will be electric and the divorced dads will pivot to sex bots

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Wall Balls posted:

in 15 years all bikes will be electric and the divorced dads will pivot to sex bots

Sex bots that just blast rear end loud enough for the whole block to hear at 1 in the morning.

"Hey kids time to put in your ear plugs it sounds like Brian is having his 'fun time' again!"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
i dunno op,

*me kickstarting my 1971 honda cb350*

grrrrr-CHUGGA-CHUgga-chugga-chugg

grrrrrrrrr-CHUGGA-CHUGGA-CHUGgga-chug

grrr-CHUGGA-CHUGA-BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

why don't u tell me

*lowers sunglasses and flicks cigarette at u, while revving the engine up and doing a sick burnout, then peeling off into the distance*

SKREEEEEEEEEEEE-BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-BWAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa-bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Scratchmo

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i dunno op,

*me kickstarting my 1971 honda cb350*

grrrrr-CHUGGA-CHUgga-chugga-chugg

grrrrrrrrr-CHUGGA-CHUGGA-CHUGgga-chug

grrr-CHUGGA-CHUGA-BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

why don't u tell me

*lowers sunglasses and flicks cigarette at u, while revving the engine up and doing a sick burnout, then peeling off into the distance*

SKREEEEEEEEEEEE-BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-BWAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa-bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

drat I wish I could have heard the bike but it was completely drowned out by all the sexual energy

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

what???

CAN YOU SPEAK UP!!!!

IM A LITTLE HARD OF HEARING!!!!!!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I've heard that with a Super Cub, you can go anywhere you want

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Wall Balls posted:

Divorced dads 15 years from now will be guys who voted for Trump, so they're more likely to just murder-suicide if they have no other outlet for their toxic masculinity.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
It's to scare loving IDIOT DEER off the road before the person on the motorcycle hits them and turns into a red smear on the asphalt hth op

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

its for rev bombing jay walkers :twisted:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:confused:

But OP how would everyone know about your relative genital endowment without the noise pollution?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

They do make a quiet motorcycle, OP.

It’s called a bicycle.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

its so i can fruitlessly go BRAP BRAP with my toy at people when im doing way over the speed limit and get cut off because im going way to loving fast on surface streets!!!!!!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

sorry i cant hear you over my whistle tips lol remember bub rub? woooo woooo! they just for decoration.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

You Are A Elf posted:

They do make a quiet motorcycle, OP.

It’s called a bicycle.

So many Pokemon energy cards in my spokes

Toot toot ding ding

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The idea is to get a working bike and make it as slow and lovely as possible, on the verge of backfiring, in case there was anybody who didn’t know that you were worthless piece of poo poo prick already. But I think what society is saying is that, you don’t have to sell us on this concept, we can already tell.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

So basically this sound coming out of the pipes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E40wSRzBU0I&t=165s

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

ahegao motorcycle

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I was driving to work the other day and I saw a dude on a scooter wearing a vest covered with patches for Harley and other biker poo poo.

i lol'd

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021

The fact that electric cars don't make that sound is a disgrace

The newer electric ones from Kia kinda make a sound like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
does anyone else remember the guy who did a bit where he would say the brand name of a motorcycle but to sound like the engine? e.g. "suuuuuu zuuuuuu kiiiiiii" like it was shifting gears. it wasn't funny at all, why was he even on tv? is this something i imagined?