Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

SKREEEEEEEEEEEE-BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-BWAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa-bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

This is so so so accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Harleys suck.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

butt dickus posted:

does anyone else remember the guy who did a bit where he would say the brand name of a motorcycle but to sound like the engine? e.g. "suuuuuu zuuuuuu kiiiiiii" like it was shifting gears. it wasn't funny at all, why was he even on tv? is this something i imagined?

Holy crap, I remember this bit too, but I can't remember the comedian. I think it was Comedy Central special or something.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

butt dickus posted:

does anyone else remember the guy who did a bit where he would say the brand name of a motorcycle but to sound like the engine? e.g. "suuuuuu zuuuuuu kiiiiiii" like it was shifting gears. it wasn't funny at all, why was he even on tv? is this something i imagined?

Man, talk about dredging up an ancient forgotten memory. Pretty sure this was on America’s Funniest People (with Dave “Cut. It. Out.” Coulier) back in the early ‘90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN19CeyHQmo

Very loose definition of “funniest.”

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

https://twitter.com/dril/status/757914951868485632?s=20

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I don't appreciate this joking about motorcycles used to make people feel like they have a big dick. Some of us lost our dicks in tragic motorcycle accidents and were forced to replace our dicks with motorcycles

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

signalnoise posted:

I don't appreciate this joking about motorcycles used to make people feel like they have a big dick. Some of us lost our dicks in tragic motorcycle accidents and were forced to replace our dicks with motorcycles

Oh, eunucyclists

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
when I was a kid motorcycles were for cool devil-may-care dudes

now they are piloted exclusively by middle aged IT managers

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

The Bloop posted:

Oh, eunucyclists

golf clapping for this

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

butt dickus posted:

I remember this and remember my parents laughing very hard at it and imitating the sounds every time it was on TV.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

i was trying to think of a joke based on "loud poops save lives" but i couldn't come up with anything, instead i just starting thinking about if someone did a 12 o'clock wheelie in assless chaps and just sprayed diarrhea right onto the road. kinda like when raab himself poo poo himself while running but more badass.

sorry this is a pretty bad post

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

You guys will like this.

So I had a patient come in to the ER via EMS after crashing his motorcycle on the freeway. Fat bald middle aged dude riding a Harley or something similar. During his ride he maxed out the radius of his sexual aura by wearing a baseball cap, backwards.

Baseball cap caught wind and flew away, Harley sex god evidently made a grab for it. At freeway speed.

He was rewarded with a crater in the back of his skull. He lived for a few minutes after he arrived, but that was it.

So sometimes big loud bikes do the right thing.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Years ago there was a company working on electric motorcycles and they were so quiet the only sound was tires on asphalt and a slight motor hum. Sounded like a loving tie fighter but real quiet.

Anyway it was so quiet that cars would just slam into them like they were invisible ghost bikes and i think the company had to add in a noise making part because it was illegally quiet.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I ride a skateboard and our version of "loud pipes save lives" is "loose trucks save lives".

Except, our thing actually works and isn't just an excuse to be assholes.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

In theory electric motorcycles should solve this problem but the industry has been slow as poo poo and there aren’t many half-decent models on the market

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I can see riders taking whatever noise they're used to for granted and actually-quiet motorcycles probably need even more awareness to not get atomized by some dumb gently caress in a gigantic suv

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
On a serious note, modern motorcycles are pretty quiet if you aren’t a total douche nozzle and cut the loving mufflers off of them. It’s just that so many people do, and when someone has a quiet bike, nobody notices it.

Both the EU and the US feds have restrictive noise regulations, and the EU’s are stringent enough that Harley had to quit selling its Sportsters for a year or two there because they couldn’t meet the standards. I want to say ‘and nothing of value was lost’, but I guess some people like them.

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.

butt dickus posted:

God, I remember him on The Gong Show. He wasn’t gonged, but he didn’t win either.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

its hilarious here seeing the packs of boomers on their harleys all dressed up in their leather with their cute tassels and stuff. turns out boomers love to cosplay. not so hilarious when they idle their piece of poo poo straight pipe garbage for 20-30 minutes every morning at 5 am like one of my previous neighbors did. sounds like someone having the worst farts of their lives and i dont understand how anyone could think they actually sound good

i have a motorcycle but it's a japanese one with the stock muffler so its pretty quiet. my dads is some big bmw thing and it's quiet as well.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I live in a town full of college kids right on a long straightaway that becomes a ghost town after 11. My apartment is a hundred feet from a traffic light.

My life is hell

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

The Bloop posted:

Oh, eunucyclists

Very nice lol

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

Is it because motorcyclists want them to make that much noise all the time and the engines are deliberately designed to be loud

This is literally the case. Harley has even patented/copyrighted the sound their engine makes.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

They (enthusiasts) call the sound they make 'potato-potato-potato'. Sounded dumb to me until I listened and went, yeah it does sound like that!

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Tarkus posted:

They (enthusiasts) call the sound they make 'potato-potato-potato'. Sounded dumb to me until I listened and went, yeah it does sound like that!

Do they refer to themselves as Potato Heads?

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

PoptartsNinja posted:

This is literally the case. Harley has even patented/copyrighted the sound their engine makes.

Woah can I copyright the antisocial noises my rear end makes

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

You'll have to fight the Library of Congress for that right.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

No, I already own that noise. Along with many many others. sry

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Lucid Nonsense posted:

They say bullshit like "loud pipes save lives" instead of riding defensively.

I can't blame motorcycle people for not wanting to die in what would otherwise be a fender bender caused by some inattentive driver, because that's why they get a lot of leeway, because other drivers really are constantly trying to kill motorcyclists by accident. I can blame them for choosing to drive deathtraps on public roads with those people, however.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Vegetable posted:

In theory electric motorcycles should solve this problem but the industry has been slow as poo poo and there aren’t many half-decent models on the market
GAS AND GO!!!! NOT PLUG AND WAIT!!!!!

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Op needs a swirlie

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sex and loving the motorcycle, the invention of the motorcycle, and the invention of sex and loving, combined these two inventions produce sex and loving of the motorcycle. Strange how colors form, coalesce, then fall apart as the small death approaches in the mind's eye, death is like a rattlesnake, it utters susurrus like the scattering waveforms of sound skittering out from a broken receiver mewling towards its end.

I busted and nutted into the motorcycle, this is my credo, I do nothing else but bust, nut, and sex upon the motorcycle.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Has this really not been posted yet?

quote:

Why do you have to zip up your pants every time you get off that hog, Travis," Punchy said. I nearly fell off the bike, aghast. "You got a pussy in that thing?" I coughed and gulped. "Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy," I said

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Sex and loving the motorcycle, the invention of the motorcycle, and the invention of sex and loving, combined these two inventions produce sex and loving of the motorcycle. Strange how colors form, coalesce, then fall apart as the small death approaches in the mind's eye, death is like a rattlesnake, it utters susurrus like the scattering waveforms of sound skittering out from a broken receiver mewling towards its end.

I busted and nutted into the motorcycle, this is my credo, I do nothing else but bust, nut, and sex upon the motorcycle.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

a mysterious cloak posted:

You guys will like this.

So I had a patient come in to the ER via EMS after crashing his motorcycle on the freeway. Fat bald middle aged dude riding a Harley or something similar. During his ride he maxed out the radius of his sexual aura by wearing a baseball cap, backwards.

Baseball cap caught wind and flew away, Harley sex god evidently made a grab for it. At freeway speed.

He was rewarded with a crater in the back of his skull. He lived for a few minutes after he arrived, but that was it.

So sometimes big loud bikes do the right thing.

You dont work in a hospital and if you do you shouldn't celebrate violent death.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

" i had a patient"

Lol good job there doc lol that he died

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
Kind of like boomers and their stupid Harleys, I wonder if millenials in their 50s and 60s are going to wrap around and try and grasp onto the identity that seemed cool and scary when they were a teen.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

je1 healthcare posted:

Kind of like boomers and their stupid Harleys, I wonder if millenials in their 50s and 60s are going to wrap around and try and grasp onto the identity that seemed cool and scary when they were a teen.

Hachi Rokus as far as the eye can see.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Hachi Rokus as far as the eye can see.

I was in Pasadena years ago and I walked by an AE86 with the windows rolled down and the key in the ignition. There's no way it wasn't a bait car.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i rode my boater mike to mcdonalds yesterday and while i was stopped at a light some guy had to roll his window up cause my exhaust was right in his face lol

and then i peeled the gently caress out!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

i rode my boater mike to mcdonalds yesterday and while i was stopped at a light some guy had to roll his window up cause my exhaust was right in his face lol

and then i peeled the gently caress out!!!!

I stood up and applauded