Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

My motor bike has twin ceramic rotor drives on each wheel, and computer controlled anti lock brakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

je1 healthcare posted:

Kind of like boomers and their stupid Harleys, I wonder if millenials in their 50s and 60s are going to wrap around and try and grasp onto the identity that seemed cool and scary when they were a teen.

The scary identity in my town growing up was skinheads so I sure fuckin hope not!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Southpark taught me that it was actually okay to say the "f" word now if you say ut about bikers. Suck on that one MODS :grin:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you better believe you're gonna hear my souped-up graphics card screaming in every corner of the old folks internment center when i'm 55

edit: look at these jerks quoting me before i could fix my typo :argh:

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 28, 2021

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bad Purchase posted:

you're better believe you're gonna hear my souped-up graphics card screaming in every corner of the old folks internment center when i'm 55

Gonna play Days Gone 5 on my Bose surround sound at when I'm 90

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bad Purchase posted:

you're better believe you're gonna hear my souped-up graphics card screaming in every corner of the old folks internment center when i'm 55

I use semen as thermal paste.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i use thermal paste as semen

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

je1 healthcare posted:

Kind of like boomers and their stupid Harleys, I wonder if millenials in their 50s and 60s are going to wrap around and try and grasp onto the identity that seemed cool and scary when they were a teen.

Lol it’s already happening w all the late 30’s people trying to get into skateboarding

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

interwhat posted:

Op needs a swirlie

this. someone get the op's head into the dunny immediately.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Fanelien posted:

this. someone get the op's head into the dunny immediately.

What modifications have you made to your bike that increase the volume

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

I've only ever seen white people on motorcycles in my life

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

What modifications have you made to your bike that increase the volume

a very short exhaust with no catalytic convertor. it's really quite loud.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Poasty posted:

There's lots of non-white sport bike and dirt bike enthusiasts out there.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

There's lots of non-white sport bike and dirt bike enthusiasts out there.

The thread is about motorcycles sir

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

The Lost and the Damned was pretty good but I liked The Ballad of Gay Tony better.

Shame what Trevor did to Johnny.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Poasty posted:

i havent

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I read that Harley salesmen are instructed to purposely make sure test drive routes go by lots of reflective windows so the potential buyer sees themselves and thinks they're a big badass on that hog.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
it's true that riding hog makes you p badass

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I read that Harley salesmen are instructed to purposely make sure test drive routes go by lots of reflective windows so the potential buyer sees themselves and thinks they're a big badass on that hog.

I mean that just makes sense why wouldn't they do this?

"Oh you're buying a dress well don't look at yourself in it you loving moron, it's functional"

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Big Beef City posted:

I mean that just makes sense why wouldn't they do this?

"Oh you're buying a dress well don't look at yourself in it you loving moron, it's functional"

It makes good business sense but it's a loving lol that people fall for it.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Also, vehicles have intrinsic value beyond their badge.

Basically, are you buying a bike because it's a good value for the performance that it offers?

Or are you a dumbass boomer who watched Easy Rider 500 times?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I own several old BMWs. I'm not a role model.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

What are you even talking about

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Are you mad that people buy Harleys because of the name and are sold on 'hey it's a Harley' and want people to know you're mad about this fact?
Is that what this is?
Congrats.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Keep angry posting, Big Beef City.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Folks I just realized that other people have brand recognition"
--me, an adult just now getting mad about it

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Poasty posted:

Move out of your lovely town.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
A certain kind of goon drives a scooter. Is that you?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

It's pretty rare for a dealership to allow test drives. Usually at best they'll have occasional "demo days" where they'll have a demo bike or two of specific models they want to push. They'll also spend some time chatting you up before allowing you a test drive to weed out the "Aw, Hell yeah" guys and inexperienced riders. The mirror thing sounds like an urban myth. Sure Harley is all about selling an image, but they don't want some mid life crisis dad laying down a bike while watching his refection even on the rare chance they let him take it out in the first place.

Test's have shown that loud bikes being more safe is bullshit. Pedestrians and people trying to sleep can hear the gently caress out of them, but it turns out that people focusing on driving with the radio and car noise going on pretty much don't notice until they feel the thump. Personally I do whatever I can to make my bikes as quiet as possible. Why would I want to advertise my presence to a cop sitting in his speed trap six blocks across town?

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 28, 2021

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Poohs Packin posted:

Move out of your lovely town.

I did, many years ago

I am sorry for offending you with my anecdotal comment

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
They are purposely louder than they would be just running the engine, yes. Assholes have to be loud. It's how they signal to others that they're huge assholes.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

In the UK we have a fuckin plague of delivery guys on lovely scooters. They tune them to make more noise to show off their third hand stolen 40mph shitbox.

And because they're all ratlike 19 year olds who don't need a licence they're all terrible drivers.

(Don't use delivery apps, the drivers suck but the techbro scum running the companies are worse)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

"Folks I just realized that other people have brand recognition"
--me, an adult just now getting mad about it

BBC you shouldn't get mad about that. It's also gauche to quote yourself.

wankel13b
Jan 23, 2005

quak
OP, if your concern is that these motorcyclists won't be able to hear their radios since their exhausts are so loud, please do not fret. Technology has made it that you can fit really loud stereos on bikes, loud enough to be heard over the exhaust. Since I, too, absolutely love the loving Eagles, i am grateful the bikers choose to share.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Nothing hotter than a Vespa

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Poasty posted:

I did, many years ago

I am sorry for offending you with my anecdotal comment

Here you go. Now that you've seen these images you never have to share your "anecdotal comments" again! HTH

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Poohs Packin posted:

Here you go. Now that you've seen these images you never have to share your "anecdotal comments" again! HTH

I meant in real life, sorry for being unclear

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Guys still look like loving clowns and aren't wearing any safety gear lol

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
Harley-Davidson had a mini Volkswagen emissions scandal of their own where they were handing out emission defeat devices after the bikes went to dealers.

I don't know how you manage to make a motorcycle that can't pass EPA emissions but Harley-Davidson did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004
They need to be loud to drown out the realization that you are a fat middle aged loser who's wife left him for a man with a much larger penis.