Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What a fun show :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Mark Henry and Jericho's interplay in this match was perfection

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I'm impressed that Omega escaped the ring like he'd gotten dragged out.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
laxative lol

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

poo poo spear lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

laxative lol

The Poster Child of Pepto

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
That was a fun show with good matches

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
a lot commentary bs just got edited out to let the Ring Announcer announce the result

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Nice goofy match

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I love a rampage

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Fun as hell

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

73% quality show (ewr scale - quite good, room for improvement)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

RandolphCarter posted:

Mark burning the poo poo out of Don

So did Excalibur. "The Living Laxative, Don Callis"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, that was a great little Rampage.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
The Living Laxative!

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
That was fun.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

better than dynamite but 73% people idc about

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Brandon Cutler.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Definitely a fun little show tonight :)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rampage rules

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

lmao at kenny going wide eyed and grabbing his own nyuts after doing that. a minute ago. i'm watching the hulu stream and i'm at least 20 seconds behind

Reminded to watch this part after the match. Incredible

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The Living Laxative was such a good line

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Lord of Hats posted:

That was a fun show with good matches

:agreed:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It’s weird to put all the good stuff on the second show but Large Arms Anthony moves in mysterious ways. I didn’t watch Dynamite

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Mark Henry's definitely getting better at this commentary thing

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Ex's voice was shot to hell, which probably explains why JR took up so much slack on Dynamite

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
A well done one hour wrestling show is my favorite format, and that was a good one!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i thought it was a nice touch that aubrey was the one to find and give fuegos mask back to him

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Cutler's great as a comedy jobber, but Kenny in tag matches always makes me wish the Elite had a credible midcarder. Like if they built Nakazawa up as an actual threat, or if Takahashi wanted to do a US excursion. I guess they could always just use KA though, but he's always more focused on tag.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rampagethoughts

Right into the matches

1) Jurassic Express vs Lucha Bros. This match is absurdly fluid and fast. Rey basically was flying in some of these spots. They all work well around the fact that Luchasaurus, while pretty great, is half a step slower. The Double Topes spot was genius. Jungle Boy's poison rana is entirely safe but goddamn does it look like he's murdering you. Rey just casually saunters along the ropes, and then... Oh gently caress me, release hurricanrana to catapult Jungle Boy to the outside. I loving love this match. Luchasaurus kicks out of a Canadian destroyer at ONE. So many near falls, but finally the Lucha Bros win out. So we get Lucha Bros vs Young Bucks in a cage at All Out. Excellent.

Bucks attack, their recent opponents protect them. Awesome.

Miro drags Fuego out and de-masks him. Eddie Kingston out with a mic, drops the mic, and we're fightin.

2) Tay Conti vs The Bunny. Bunny starts off with some fun sadistic stuff. Bunny has improved in the ring and gets solid heat in Tay. Tay mounts a good comeback, Penelope distracts, Bunny gets brass knuckles and cheats to win. Cool, a story in the women's division.

Cage vs Hobbs next week. Cool. We get a Cage vs Hobbs package. And we get the FTR vs P&P match finally.

3) Kenny Omega and Brandon Cutler vs Christian Cage and Frankie Kazarian. Hahaha, Don went on commentary and Mark Henry kicked him off. This match is fuckery from end to end. Cutler is such an amazing stooge. The Double corner punch spot was great. Kenny bails at the end and leaves Cutler to his fate. This was an awesome feel good end to the show.

Very decent show. Match for match, better than Dynamite.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Possibly my favourite detail in the hilarious main event was that when Cutler was doing his Waluigi strutting in the ring and dab dropping Frankie Kazarian, Kenny was also jamming in the corner and doing corny-rear end dance moves right alongside Cutler.

It's amazing how he can be one of the legit best wrestlers in the world while also playing a complete goofball who isn't afraid of dropping Simpsons references or getting carried away by Brandon Cutler.

God drat the dude owns, and it's so good he didn't go to the WWE where at this point he'd probably be doing a cuck angle or jobbing to Brock Lesnar, if he hadn't already been cut.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I appreciated that moment on commentary where Jericho was like "Bunny reminds me of Baby from House of 1000 Corpses," then dead silence, then the rest of commentary was like "Actually yeah, poo poo"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/cmpunk/status/1431660160662052865?s=21

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

I appreciated that moment on commentary where Jericho was like "Bunny reminds me of Baby from House of 1000 Corpses," then dead silence, then the rest of commentary was like "Actually yeah, poo poo"

I think Excalibur immediately cracked up laughing.

Brandon Cutler is incredible as a comedy guy Holy poo poo.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Jericho probably should figure out if he's meant to be remotely the same character on commentary as he is as a wrestler, because he's basically Bobby Heenaning. Which is fun, but jarring when he's like the number 3 babyface on the show. Hell, Taz is literally a heel manager on the show and he's being more face-ish on commentary. Like, a conversation where they each go "Ok, I'll do the heel shtick and you can defend the face point of view" would do wonders.

And god, a Fozzy concert must be exhausting if Jericho screams like that between every song in the set.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Brandon Cutler is incredible as a comedy guy Holy poo poo.

his timing and able to do just the right amount of oversell is so, so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

DeathChicken posted:

She's probably very happy about that, considering she said (on Unrestricted) that Bunny is partly inspired by Baby.