Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Nucular Carmul posted:

My dumb jokes earlier aside, it's absolutely sick that Nintendo is pushing this game to the stratosphere and distancing themselves from Other M. The Treehouse during E3 seemed like they were trying very hard to make sure we knew that Samus was a cool badass again.

It only seems like Other M is fully excommunicated. It'll turn out her best buddy Anthony will have been elected Galactic Federation Space President in the time between Fusion and Dread. It won't have any effect on what happens in-game except her ship has a bumper sticker from the election on the backside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

TaurusOxford posted:

Only the coolest get a gun. :v:

Also I really get some Prime 1 Varia Suit vibes from that armor. Intentional or not, it's a touch I appreciate.

Unfortunately the rift between the Prime games and the core numbered series will continue as the Military Chozo will refer to any Chozo from Talon IV and the like as "Hippie Commune Birds" and they're glad their brethren all became ghosts after suffering the effects of Phazon Madness.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The single most underrated part of NES Metroid are the spooky monster faces some screens had.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Fusion also came out the same year as "Juste Belmont's Big Adventure" so it looked even more linear by comparison.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1442662840486309892

When you've been excommunicated from the canon so hard the remakes AND originals both count at the same time side-by-side more than you do.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
That puzzle got immensely easier once I found out it was more beneficial to reset the spark before sliding under the protrusion before the waterfall than trying to make it to the edge to store the spark. From doing it right before having to slide you have more time than you'd think you have to make it down to about halfway between the waterfall to line yourself up right to spark again in mid-air.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1450085703254216705

Imagining a game where Samus is constantly making quips during gameplay like it's a Naughty Dog Production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The author really tries to push the point that it's odd but I just assumed that it's understandable Samus isn't stunned by seeing Chozo popping up anymore after she lived with them for decades. Especially if we're including the Prime games she's also been cleaning up messes they've been involved in to various degrees, even if they didn't start any of the messes themselves in that trilogy, she was still cleaning up poo poo they left behind.

Like maybe if you want you can complain that the Chozo in general just aren't a mystery anymore. They haven't since like 2002/2004 game-wise. They ceased having a Space Jockey-esque mystique about them a long-rear end time ago.