Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I have somehow decided that despite having all of the original consoles paired with flashcarts and a MiSTer FPGA and who knows how many emulation handhelds, that the best way to play through the series before Dread drops is on a Switch.

Having a hacked Switch has come a long way, a long long way.

Plan is to play them order with Zero Mission, AM2R, and Fusion on the hacked one, and Super Metroid and eventually Dread on my everyday normal one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

How good or bad is Hyper Metroid

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

You’re not gonna believe this, but he’s the guy from DOOM

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

MokBa posted:

I played so much Dread that I'm craving more Metroid but boy howdy is it hard to deal with Super's controls after the buttery smooth way Samus movies in Dread. She feels about as mobile in Super as she does in Prime, comparatively.

I *think* the Project Base romhack aims to fix some of this. Maybe not in the extent that Dreads improves on things, but somewhat in that direction.