Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

fusion was probably my favorite and i'm so glad to finally have a continuation of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

prime 4 is going to be an open world concept where you solve puzzles in chozo shrines and also your arm cannon breaks down and needs to be repaired with monster parts occasionally

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it probably 'stabilized' her dna to some degree. i mostly hope the metroid dna part is still relevant in a cool way instead of just being discarded, i guess.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Eopia posted:

I'm not convinced that her being unable to use the ice beam upgrade was ever an actual issue, remember that the federation was actively trying to keep her as weak as possible during that whole thing so lying to her about what upgrades she could get wouldn't be out of the question.

given that the ice beam literally froze her when used on her by the sa-x i don't think anything was being exaggerated or lied about in that scenario

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if a game doesn't let me arbitrarily walk out of bounds and softlock my game constantly it's dogshit

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the games just throw the things at you constantly all the time to the point where you can basically use them on every enemy and still not really run out

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

review scoring systems are kind of halfway dogshit anyways and i'd rather not play the game of 'oh they didn't give a game i want a perfect score so obviously they're bad at it'

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

10 hours without aiming for 100% is good and i'm glad that every game isn't trying to squeeze 30 hours out of people with half of that being boring filler

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

please shut up about hollow knight it is METROID EVE and everyone must celebrate

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it will be as long as i want it to be, for it is nigh

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Hat-lock posted:

10 hours for a Metroid game might even be slightly too long. I think it's interesting that some of the greatest games with the most wide ranging appeal (stuff like Doom, Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger) all have playtimes that are below or far below the average for their genre. Why do people demand 30-60 hour games? It's insane.

they want games to provide for them eternally and get mad when something doesn't provide them with a thing to do for 100 hours at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

lol