Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

The main plot thing with Federation Force was there was a mission where you have to capture Metroids for the Federation to study (for peaceful purposes, we would never use them as weapons, haha ;)) and a post-credits scene with Sylux from Hunters sneaking into where the Federation kept the Metroids you captured that I imagine will be followed up in Prime 4 when that ever happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

My personal gripe with Super's controls is there are separate "aim diagonally up" and "aim diagonally down" buttons, and unlike the gba games, you can't press down while aiming diagonally upwards to switch to the other direction, you have to switch buttons. I like mapping run to a shoulder button to avoid the problem ExcessBLarg! mentioned but then your other diagonal button is on a face button and it feels awkward to control.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah that does not bother me at all. That's how it was done in Zero Mission.

In Zero Mission, you can grab any Super Missile tank and unlock Supers (the same applies to Missiles and Power Bombs but you'd need serious glitches to reach one other than the intended "first" tanks)

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Araxxor posted:

Also in Fusion Missiles and Power Bombs were unlocked as abilities before you got tanks for them.

In Fusion I think there's one power bomb tank you can get before getting the ability to use PBs (I think it involved a complicated shinespark chain to destroy an orange X-wall) but it doesn't unlock PBs early, you just get the extra bombs once you unlock PBs "properly"

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I think they meant the three unknown items

Edit: Didn't one of the Dread Reports specifically reassure sequence breaking was in?

There's those too but the case mentioned here was specifically "PB expansions don't unlock PBs early in Dread"
I'm sure there's other sequence breaks available in Dread, just not that one specifically

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Velius posted:

I'm trying to avoid any spoilers at all, but I love sequence breaking in any games; is there any survivable path without Varia through the hot areas?[ It seems like unlike the first few games there isn't really any way to live more than a few seconds. I'd just like to avoid wasting time messing around if that's the case.

Heat damage accelerates rapidly as you spend time in the room, you won't get anywhere before dying

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

ChaseSP posted:

The only remotely shady poo poo is other m related due to there seemingly being a group away wanting to use a bioweapons program to take over, and the english translation of fusion where it makes things much more sinister than the original translation. BSF was completely above board.

I'd love to hear more about the translation differences in Fusion

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

I like how Prime 1 makes missile expansions valuable even lategame with the beam combos and power bombs by making them the easiest way to deal with fission metroids. Prime 2 does the missiles a bit worse by having all the combos cost 5 and the focus is far more on beam ammo, power bombs are still good for Emperor Ing phase 2. Then Prime 3 removed the combos and replaced power bombs with the rarely-even-usable ship missiles and made it so the only expansions worth caring about were E-tanks by making them both health and ammunition.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Bleck posted:

Yeah, but they also made the combos actually good, this time.

Wavebuster is good for going "gently caress this room" at the cost of a bunch of missiles, Ice Spreader suffers from very little having enough hp to justify using it but it's good against Prime, Flamethrower is the only actually bad one.

Prime 2 I might use Sonic Boom against Emperor Ing 3 but Darkburst is only good for being cool visually and Sunburst doesn't even have that going for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

For easy fixes to missile expansions feeling worthless lategame, make the first few you collect give 5, then at 50 or so capacity, missile packs give 10 instead. There's surely better ways to design it from the ground up but this seems like an easy method