Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Zero Mission is an excellent remake that tacks on some stupid poo poo at the end

gently caress you, it ends in the most badass way possible: letting you go super saiyin on an entire pirate ship

Trying to get through all 3 2D games before Dread comes out which shouldn't be too tough; got through 90% of Zero Mission last night. Super Metroid is definitely the most complex of the 2D games though, especially considering the wealth of optional upgrades you can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that's literally how it worked in Super Metroid as well i.e. "Unknown Item" if you hadn't upgraded your suit yet

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bleck posted:

Keep in mind, these are reviewers - "8-10 hours" might actually be "4-6 hours for a competent player."

Which would still, honestly, be fine, but yeah.

whenever I see a game is like 10 hrs it's usually going to be more like 15 to 16 for me since unlike a games journalist on a hamster wheel I can just take my time and not race through it blindly.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

just beat phantom boss. MercurySteam should be immediately put on permanent contract/acquired by Nintendo, this game feels and looks phenomenal. Samus has never felt so smooth and badass----they improved on everything they did in Returns and even added more fun poo poo like the slide and the sliding flipkick.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

blackguy32 posted:

The emmi stuff feels like a lame gimmick for a number of reasons. The levels can make it so you can't feasibly avoid it and even of you are caught, you don't lose much progress which is a godsend. Most times it's just easier to die than actually run or avoid it.

lol at just giving up when it loving owns if you actually pull off the rolling heel sobat counter to an EMMI and then slide from their grasp to the next room

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Zore posted:

Looks like that's just misunderstanding some really unclear stuff they've said in interviews but that the Metroid series may stop featuring Metroids in future titles I guess.

honestly even if he wasn't taken out of context, this is looking to be the most profitable Metroid game they've done and MercurySteam has done too good of a job here to not be handed the keys to making more of them.

I'm hoping the ending of Fusion---with Samus pissing off the Federation---comes into play here. So far I feel like the whole thing right now was a setup to assassinate her so I'm hoping I'm right lol because otherwise idk how you brush that off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

in as much a non-spoilery response as possible can anyone tell me if there's ANY sort of comeuppance/consequence to what Samus did at the end of Fusion? I'm at the point where it's after I got the speed booster and had a cutscene a bit later which made me think it won't be addressed, which would be super lame.