Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
It's a fair point about people not being able to get into Metroid and Super, even though it might seem like everyone played them as a child, a surprising amount of people never did, me included, my first Metroid game proper was Metroid Fusion closely followed by Metroid Prime 1.

I've just never felt inclined to go back and play the older ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

Trailer for Dread looked cool. Kinda wish Samus's suit was a little bulkier but it's fine.

Well it is literally the Fusion Suit but slightly more armoured.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

About Samus If you think about it, why wouldn't she be fluent in Chozo, she was raised by them from a very young age so it would have replaced her native tongue of space english.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

So there's still one thing about the ending I don't quite understand.

Why does X possessed Quiet Robe show up on Samus' ship and then apparently sacrifice itself? None of that makes sense. The X act solely on the instinct to "Make more of us" and nothing about that scene helps the X propagate.

Two Possibilities:

1: That X had Quiet Robe's memories and got infected by his chill nature and felt compelled to help Samus out.

2: The planet was seconds away from exploding and the X's survival instincts decided being absorbed was better than exploding.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Regarding future games and also Ending Spoilers:

So Samus has had her uncontrollable energy drain ability suppressed by absorbing Quiet Robe-X but she is still a Metroid on a genetic level I assume, so won't this make her a target for every mad scientist and Space Pirate out there?

I'm aware Ridley is extremely dead, for now, and Kraid got eaten by the X and vaporized at the end, but I'm guessing there's still the Pirates on their homeworld still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Lol I forgot Phaaze explodes also

You just know Dark Samus will come back for Prime 4, even though she, her energy source and the planet, as mentioned, blew up.