Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

This is the only one I’ve never touched and I legitimately forget exists. Did anyone play it?

Yeah it was pretty fun with friends. Single player loving sucked though. Really should have been released on the WiiU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

abraham linksys posted:

so, I impulse bought Dread for the same reason I always end up impulse buying Nintendo releases: they never loving go on sale so it's easier to justify just dropping $60 at release. however, I realized while it was downloading that while I have like played a bunch of Metroid games as rentals, I have never actually finished one, or even gotten more than halfway through really

in the past couple days, I played through Zero Mission and AM2R, both of which loving ruled. now I'm planning on playing Super and Fusion before moving on to Dread.

the one problem, though, is that I played AM2R instead of Samus Returns, and I have just learned Samus Returns introduces a ton of lore threads that all get used in Dread. I am, obviously, not particularly invested in Metroid lore, but concerned I'm gonna miss a bunch of story beats if I don't know the details of Samus Returns. is there any good lore recap video or writeup y'all can recommend? I'd almost be tempted to play Samus Returns, but it clocks in around 11-14 hours on HLTB which is pretty rough given all the other games I've mentioned are in the 5-8 range, so I feel like I should just figure out what happened in it

(if said videos/writeups could also cover the Prime trilogy and Other M that'd be neat, though my understanding is that parts of those are questionably canon, or, if canon, not really relevant to what's going on)

e: also how much space jumping do super metroid and metroid fusion have because after am2r my hands are ABSOLUTELY hosed

Just watch a 100 percent ending video on youtube if you want the lore. What you will be missing out on is the controls. Dread story wise is a sequel to fusion but mechanically it's a sequel to samus returns and jumping straight from fusion to dread might come with a bit of a whiplash in terms of controls.