Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What I love about prime 3 and fusion is that they indirectly illustrate 2 ends of a pendulum of actions the federation takes out of greed and fear.

You have the federation in prime 3 having to muster all hands on deck in a extensive emergency that is only barely stopped by samus, and even then she barely escaped corruption.

And you look at how powerful and incredible the stuff samus finds is, and the federation is already using mother brain tech for interstellar communication.

The reasoning for the secret metroid program in fusion comes together pretty easily after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I started with fusion and prime 1+ the original metroid that was was unlocked via connecting fusion to prime via gba link cable.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You could totally make a metroid game now based on the plot of someone trying to clone samus and getting horrific chimerical abominations instead.

She has multiple strains of chozo dna, metroid dna, all the dna the x parasites had, including ridley.

I totally have this headcanon that after dread samus has to go to a high-end government medical facility afterwards to update her physiological records so that various medical , biohazard, and security scanners at spaceports don't immediately think shes an imposter or infected with a unknown disease.

Hell, they probably have to figure out if various space vaccinations required for going to various planets still work.