Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Love metroid, love samus, and cant wait to play dread. Ps fusion the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Super’s control issues are a thing but some people are overblowing them, they’re minor in the grand scheme of things. The game still holds up incredibly well and is still worth replaying.

I think 2 is underrated (and I didn’t play it until after Prime and Fusion), though I also don’t blame people bouncing off it since it’s got issues from its limitations. 1, well, it was a good attempt. Really only interesting in a historical context at this point.

the only real issues with supers control scheme is the clunky nature of changing weapons, which fusion and zero mission imo did perfectly. im sure theres a mod that can give super fusions scheme

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

cirus posted:

There's an Other M hack that removes the first person missiles (did you know Samus has a full third person missile animation?), does its best to fix the writing, and makes it so the Power Suit was damaged by the Hyper Beam which is why Samus can't use her upgrades through the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Metroid/comments/6msbxg/other_m_maxximum_edition_fix_hack_first_release/

okay cool but you're still playing other m instead of any prime game

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I'm so scared of this well-known monster that I have unflinchingly killed at least 5 times prior to this point that I am going to literally turn into a little girl out of fear :qq:

I really like how in samus returns she doesnt flinch when ridley appears at the end, really just hammers home how dumb that plot point was that it was immediately abandoned

And yet strangely they gave her a bit more time with the baby so i guess that her forming some kind of attachment to it is still canon?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

There's nothing wrong with her having an attachment to the Baby Metroid really, other m just overdoes it to an insane degree.

eh, sure i guess. tbh samus in super always struck me as kinda being nuetral on the baby but its not like there wasnt room for expansion of it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I want samus to find a new baby, a baby of whatever Ridley is called. Let's get another cute angry animal in this.

Completely seriously this is one of my biggest gripes with other m. Dont introduce cute baby chicken ridley and then not make him samus' buddy

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Tbh i go back and forth on the post mother brain part of zero, like idk if it really adds enough to me but i do enjoy the gameplay of the stealth part and then the feeling of dominance once you get powered back up

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bleck posted:

Show me the venn diagram of people who say Fusion is too linear and also say Super's wall jumps are too hard.

I love fusion but it does take me a bit to remember how to wall jump in super when i replay it -_-

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Chozo is bird. Ridley is bird. Chozo is ridley

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
The genders are woman, bird, and metroid

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I only got 100 percent in samus returns (cuz it was easy to do) and fusion (cuz 13 year old me had infinite time and patience for it). Its never neccesary to beat the game so i dont see the point usually

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

RodShaft posted:

I'm too stingy with Missiles. Any "limited" resource in videogames really. I need to work on that.

How do you beat anything without using missiles, like every metroid is built around using them to kill stuff quicker then the beam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
The appeal of metroid has always been that you can tackle a run in a day anytime you want so honestly 10 hours seems a bit on the long side to me haha