Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I played Return of Samus on 3DS (not Samus Returns) something like six years ago, and then a couple months ago I played Super Metroid. Return of Samus was pretty fun, but Super Metroid I could feel how it defined a genre back in the day.

I'm gonna play through Zero Mission and Fusion sometime soon before Dread drops.

I also played Prime 1 on the Wii U and my god, that's one of the greatest games of all time. The atmosphere was perfect. 2 i really wasn't feeling and now I don't have a Wii U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Howdy, just peeking in to say Zero Mission rules.

I've never played much Metroid. In fact, I was one of those dudes that thought Samus was a guy up until Melee. I played regular Metroid 2 on the 3DS and enjoyed the experience enough, then a couple months ago I went through Super Metroid on the Switch, that was really good and I can see how it was genre defining. Now I wanna do Zero Mission and Fusion before I jump on this copy of Dread I bought at launch.

Zero Mission is much tinier, but it's still giving me the good exploration brain juice, specially when I did the whole area that gives you the power to grab ledges before going into the zone that tells you to gently caress off until you can grab ledges. Playing on an emulator with the dualsense controller might be a factor, but frankly it just controls much, much better than Super. Can't wait to join y'all in the dreadzone in a few weeks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Almost done with Metroid Fusion. It's a bit disappointing how linear and limiting it feels, and the actual story beats of Samus and Adams are terrible, but everything SA-X related is dope and it feels great.

However, my thumbs are 30 year old, come on game
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1451930959872397312

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So, I've only played the first hour or so, like up to the first proper boss (that thing that turns invisible) and this loving slaps, but i'm having a hard time switching from tight pixel platforming with d-pad and 3 buttons to joystick and 7 buttons lol. I'll get used to it soon, but it's such a different feeling to go from 4 pretty 'rigid' games to something insanely smooth.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Up to the second boss.

This is the best game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Still on my first playthrough, past the area that unlocked with the grapple beam. Game still loving rules. But also

https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1453124742324449286

I don't wanna know the answer but what in the gently caress