Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I haven't played any of these since Super Metroid a billion years ago but it looks nice. I am going to try out some of the other ones in between Super and Dread over the next few weeks to hype myself up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I remember playing Metroid 1 on the NES and it was insanely painful. Never bothered to go back to it via emulation because the lack of a cartridge battery meant the password system was absolute loving nightmare fuel and I had awful memories of it as a result. Really fond of Super Metroid and in fact its the only one I actually finished but it is absolutely top 10 platformers of all time for me so I'm still considering myself a Metroid fan

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I don't mind the EMMI sense of danger and urgency but I am not a big fan of the first major progression unlock being behind an animation that that took several seconds to resolve while you are being chased. I missed it entirely and got stuck and had to look it up which is a bad design imo. Still having a lot of fun but that was a poor choice

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I dislike that you don't know the bosses name until you beat them. Who is this nasty bitch throwing his fingernails at me wtf. I wanna cuss him out but I can't

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I absolutely did not enjoy hollow knight but it's so beautiful and atmospheric I often consider picking it up again.