Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Shiroc posted:

Random Metroid thoughts:

Prime 1 was the first Metroid game I played and I loved it. The way that the world connected just felt perfect. Every time a path looped back around to a new part of an old area felt great. I was disappointed that the subsequent Primes progressively abandoned that design.

I have never been able to get into the original Metroid or Super Metroid. I didn't have a NES or SNES as a kid and the more archaic design philosophies drag on me without having any nostalgia.

I played Fusion when it was new and don't remember much about it. The original Fusion suit still looks cool though.

I beat Samus Returns last night. I liked the various QoL improvements over the old 2D games, with the pre and post boss checkpoints being a huge boon to me. I'm eager to see how Dread expands on it.

Samus in Dread with the white suit has absolutely bonkers hips and I'm jealous.

This is similar to me. I remember people talking a lot about Super Metroid as a kid, but we never had it. MP was my first game in the series and I loved all 3. I never played Super until it came out for virtual console on Wii. I'd really, really recommend giving it an earnest go, it is truly one of the best games ever made. I can't think of any other game that captures the spirit of the era the way Super Metroid does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Without spoiling too much: In Super Metroid, which boss is meant to be done first, Maridia or Norfair?

I can't figure out how to get in to either one, and the only rooms I haven't explored yet are a couple in Maridia that are locked behind greyed out doors.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I honestly think Prime 1 looks pretty bad as well. Like it's got some kind of "uncanny valley Barbie" vibe going on. Hunters looks the best out of these I'd say.

I love Prime 1 as a game, but it’s definitely evidence that Nintendo made the right decision about Wind Waker’s art style.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Just got the morph ball. God drat, this feels like something out of Nintendo’s golden age. A+

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I loving suck at video games, always have, always will. There’s nothing hard about this game lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Ok, Escue can kiss my rear end.