Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
So is the accepted interpretation of the end of Dread that Quiet Robe was somehow able to be revived by the X parasite but not "taken over" so his actions were his own and not some never before seen actions of the X? I mean, he speaks and such which we don't see X parasite copies do, and overall actions don't seem like sometime an X parasite would do, so I guess just *handwave* he is special and wasn't just a copy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

ImpAtom posted:

I demand an explanation for the game where my protagonist got so incredibly angry her suit transformed into a scarier suit!

DNA, duh :colbert:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

wasn't that just the varia suit

e: gravity suit, gently caress

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

ah right yeah I was going off Dread being the latest in the timeline and it's been a lonnnnng time since I played Fusion

e: regarding Fusion and Dread, I feel like the Shinespark puzzles weren't that bad in Dread...the one in Burnenia was probably the worst but I feel like Fusion had some terrible ones

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

a series seems more interesting. monster of the week style but with overarching plot

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

the holy poopacy posted:

When Quiet Robe first gets absorbed by the X he can still talk and operate computers, so the X parasite is clearly able to access some of his memories and personality, but he immediately uses it to try to kill Samus so the X still seems to be in the driver's seat. I think the end sequence is supposed to reflect some level of gestalt intelligence rather than Quiet Beak wresting control back altogether; had the planet not been about to explode it presumably would have kept fighting, but like the SA-X at the end of Fusion when it realized it was hosed it became willing to throw in with Samus, so Quiet Beak got to show through more.

I wondered if re-starting the EMMI's had more to do with Samus needing their abilities/get up to snuff to fight Raven Beak and it wasn't so much trying to kill her as providing the tools she would need

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Any tips on Survival Mode in Dread? I feel like running out of missiles is my biggest issue but I'm not sure how to quickly defeat bosses without using them.