Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
:siren:UPDATE AT BOTTOM OF LAST PAGE:siren:

It will never not be weird to me that all the historical games take place in a vague, ersatz, not-quite-the-real-world while the two sci-fi games are explicitly set in the real world with a sci-fi backdrop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I can understand why they did it, while slave trading can be a feature in your space trade and combat sim dystopia that speaks without needed to say anything by itself, it is maybe a little more, err, fraught, in a historical context.

Better to gently sidestep around the issue, here it's just the naughty fire cult people doing it. And your uncle also.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So some sad, probably expected news at this point is I'm probably gonna end this LP. It's been a blast but I feel "Doing All Anno 1800 DLCs", along with the long wait from my real-life work schedule and then the instability added by the last major update has killed my appetite for this game for a good long time. I've tried and I tried but I can't really bring myself to go back to it.

Also the announcement from Ubisoft Mainz that there will be another season of DLC killed my fire for "doing every Anno 1800 storyline ever" and considering the current state of the game I'm pretty sure trying to run every DLC at once with fourth season of DLC would cause my computer to either catch fire...or hit the information limit of the universe and collapse into a singularity.

I do hope you all enjoyed it, and hope I did a good job showing off the beautiful mess that Anno 1800 is. In the meantime if you haven't already go check out Cythereal's 2205 LP where they're showing off 1800's under-appreciated older brother.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Thanks! This LP got me to give Anno 1800 another try and push through most of the current DLCs, so I really appreciated it. I stalled out partway through the arctic and skyscrapers, but it’s a great game and it was nice to see it shown off so well.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

That's fair, thanks for the show, and it's reminded me a lot of the older games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Great LP, thanks for taking us through the game!